PDA

View Full Version : st141 rona shagginwagin

hillzy
28th December 2012, 10:55 PM
well i sold my cressida a few weeks back as it gets dirty 10 minutes after i wash it, so i went looking for some cars and this corona sedan about an hour from my house, looked very mint so i gave the bloke a call and said yeah come see it. made the journey out the and was a piece of shit, it had dents, scratches and rust he must of taken the photos of when he just got it as it didn't look like the same car in the add. after driving away and not even telling the seller we were there cause it was that bad i quickly jumped on gumtree and saw this corona wagon. looked clean low K's tiny bit of rust and 5 spd! rang the bloke up and was there in 5 minutes took it for a test drive and bought it. this was the 3rd time driving manual and it was a struggle but i got it home with only stalling it once!

specs:

motor:
2sc 2ltr
5spd

susp:
stock front
mx73 springs in rear
polyurethane rear bushes

wheels:
stock for now but want wide steelies or wattanabes!27800

burcoty
28th December 2012, 11:37 PM
Moar pictures!

Plans?

hillzy
29th December 2012, 08:48 AM
will get some more pics later phones being a POS.

plans are to keep it clean and make the interior look a bit nicer as some bits on the dash have been broken and it looks like crap. i really want some of those wide steelies 15 x 8 with 0 offset but they have sold out and not getting anymore :( but they do have a set of 16 x 8's reckon 16" will suit the corona as they have pretty big guards. i think ill keep the rear the same height with the mx73 springs but i might test my falcon springs to see if it stiffens it up, anyone got or know of springs that fit in the front of coronas cause i don't know if i want to cut them yet?

fender mirrors? i have a set but dont know if they suit a wagon try to conveince me guys i want to use them lol

dr1ft-pig
29th December 2012, 10:41 AM
drop a 3sge in there!!! will bolt up to everything!!

hillzy
29th December 2012, 10:47 AM
nah no engine conversions with this one, want to save for something nicer for when im off my p's. this will just get some wide wheels interior upgrades and some rust repaired and hopefully an exhaust

hillzy
30th December 2012, 09:01 PM
2782627827got some new wheels for CHEAP AS CHIPS! better than stockies and will do for now. dont know whether to paint them black or polish? suggestions

Pidgey
1st January 2013, 10:06 PM
Wheels are kewl, polish them! And get 175/65R14
For the rear use falcon springs, they are perfect. Shocks from a suzuki Sierra or Toyota hilux are perfect for these also.
For front just buy kings or something, pretty hard to get a cut spring to sit correct in the front. Falcon can work though.

hillzy
2nd January 2013, 05:53 PM
yeh i polished one and came out sweet but took a fair while, ive got falcon king springs from my 70 and suzuki shocks so i might put the falcons in the front if they work? or just buy another set of stock springs and cut them!

also on the wheels there is only a tiny bit of thread sticking out and the nut will only tighten like 3- 4 turns, might have to either drill the holes out abit or just get the rear bit machined so more stud is there suggestions?

davidgarratt
2nd January 2013, 06:27 PM
Nope you need the right mag nuts for em "square shank"
Nice part number is wn204

hillzy
2nd January 2013, 07:01 PM
ohh no shit, had them on the cressida but forgot what they were called! where can i order them from? cheers

davidgarratt
2nd January 2013, 07:15 PM
Any repco will have them , or any place that sells nice products :)

hillzy
4th January 2013, 08:10 PM
well i got some of those wheel nuts from u pull it expecting they will fit and nope they wont fit in the hole were the stud goes through the rim! so what should i do, drill out the stud holes a bit

davidgarratt
5th January 2013, 09:19 AM
well i got some of those wheel nuts from u pull it expecting they will fit and nope they wont fit in the hole were the stud goes through the rim! so what should i do, drill out the stud holes a bit

They should fit nicely, flip your rim over and pop one of the nuts in the hole , if it went in you might need to take a tiny bit off the edge of the front of the bolt holes ( I had to do the same to some CSA brake boilers ) because there might be a lip from trying the taperd nuts. Is it only JUST not fitting or is it way off man ?

hillzy
5th January 2013, 09:28 AM
just did that and nope not fitting still, ow would i drill them out a bit more

davidgarratt
5th January 2013, 12:53 PM
Is the nut really close to fitting ?

davidgarratt
5th January 2013, 12:56 PM
The bit that slips thru the hole in the rim should measure @ 17mm od

benzo
6th January 2013, 04:14 PM
I don't like the chances that any wheel nuts from U-Pull would be anything close to fitting..

buy some 17mm shank nuts from Repco

hillzy
6th January 2013, 09:05 PM
yeh im going to wheel worx tommorow morning to go get some, also put on fender mirrors, garden edge front lip and cut a coil out of the front so its all starting to look alright just need my wheels and some tint!

hillzy
9th January 2013, 12:17 PM
2789827899thought i'd upload some photos of how it looks now, going to leave it until i get some money for tyres and LCA's to get some camber.

hillzy
11th January 2013, 09:56 PM
so seeing as there is little to no information about coronas i cant find anything on what LCA's fit a st141 that will give me around 2 or 3' camber, if anyone knows anything then it will be appretiated, cheers

Seventy
12th January 2013, 06:58 PM
I put XT130 LCAs in my RA65 and that gave me neg 1.75 degrees camber which is a good street amount and makes a big improvement in handling. For anything more than that you would be looking at sigma control arms. KE70, ST141, RA65 all have the same length LCA.
I also have a pair of XT130 LCAs im willing to sell, if you're interested just PM me

hillzy
13th January 2013, 02:55 PM
PM'ed, cheers for the info man

hillzy
15th January 2013, 08:23 PM
so i have been thinking of engine modifications and someone suggested twin solex carburetors 38mm? would it be worth it or just put a exhaust on it and leave it?

any suggestions appreciated!

Wagon86
18th January 2013, 06:12 PM
Needs roof racks like mine

hillzy
18th January 2013, 10:14 PM
yeh i was at upullit today and about to get those exact ones but the bolt snapped in the thread, so pissed off.

your not the bloke a saw at bp brighton road the other day? i was at the lights haha

Wagon86
18th January 2013, 10:36 PM
Dunno man I drive around a bit for work

benzo
18th January 2013, 10:39 PM
lol if you want some I have the same racks in the shed. $20

hillzy
18th January 2013, 10:54 PM
sold haha, pm me and we will work out a time to pick them up!

hillzy
22nd January 2013, 08:37 PM
28009sticker venetians, yay or nay?

also did a diy blue walls and got some roof racks off of upullit for 15 bucks!
should i go lower at the rear? tuck some tyre haha or just leave the rear and get some king spring lows for the front and cut a coil? cause the front springs only have like 4 coils left and i dont wanna cut them again!

suggestions appretiated

Wagon86
22nd January 2013, 09:06 PM
Coilovers in front Then u can go lower. And paint the roof racks black

hillzy
22nd January 2013, 09:15 PM
can i do weld on sleeves with my front struts?

yeh im painting them black tommorow!

Wagon86
22nd January 2013, 09:36 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think u can . I wonna do a weld on kit to mine soon

hillzy
22nd January 2013, 10:31 PM
do you know the stut tube diameter? if theres a weld on git the same diameter then it should be able to work wont it?

Seventy
22nd January 2013, 10:38 PM
Yeah you use a 51mm ID weld on kit, the struts need shortening and shorter inserts used to get best results, and while you're doing this you might aswell use ra60-65 struts, brakes and power steering knuckles so you have bigger, vented brakes and more steering lock (guessing this is manual rack??). :)

Wagon86
22nd January 2013, 10:58 PM
What he^^^ said is what I plan on doing hahaha

hillzy
23rd January 2013, 08:19 AM
http://otomoto.shop033.com/p/4116535/hsd-51mm-sleeve-kit-.html

ill probably get this kit as its cheapest from what ive seen so far? im not very good with welding and all that so does ajps do this cause i don't wanna go cutting shit and fu%king it up! haha

Wagon86
23rd January 2013, 08:57 AM
That is pretty good. I might look in to it

hillzy
23rd January 2013, 09:22 AM
yeh man pretty cheap, what shock will you use? stock or short stroke?

Wagon86
23rd January 2013, 10:17 AM
Short stroke. As I'll Probs go bit lower. I got short stroke in the rear

Seventy
23rd January 2013, 09:23 PM
I would definitely go short stroke, shorter shocks and cut down struts, as with stock inserts and a decent lowering you are left with barely any shock stroke. Anyway, that kit above is what I used, but yeah says they're out of stock, although sleeka spares in pooraka stock those same kits for about the same price.
AJPS would be able to organise to get the coilovers done for you but hes probably not going to want to if your not using his kit, his kit is a bit more expensive as you have to buy springs seperate.
You may be able to get the struts shortened and sleeves welded on at a fabricator, but you will have to convince them that they're for track use and most places will still be skeptical.
Another alternative could be trying to order some BC coilovers for say an AE86 BUT without the spindles and then get some corona spindles welded on, dont know if the ae86 camber plates would fit though....
Sleeka spares are also BC stockist

Wagon86
23rd January 2013, 09:55 PM
Cheers for the info man. I got a mate who is pretty handy with a welder so should be good

hillzy
23rd January 2013, 10:11 PM
yeh if i go short stroke shocks ill have to save for a bit then haha food land pay is soo shit, if yours come out good wagon86 would ya mate be keen to weld up mine for some cash?

took out the rear springs today and they were only just sitting on the mount cause they are mx73 cressida springs which have a larger diameter coil. ended up putting my falcon springs in and it feels much better to drive and i can go over speed bumps at a normal speed! haha

after suspension is sorted i want to upgrade the carby to twins or a weber! what would be the best way to go and are there "bolt on kits"?
saw this on gumtree and it is a weber which looks soo much cleaner than the stock carby!

Seventy
23rd January 2013, 10:18 PM
Oh and theres some RA65 struts and power steering knuckles down at lonsdale upullit :)

hillzy
23rd January 2013, 10:22 PM
saw them yesturday, was about to see if those seats would fit in a rona

Wagon86
23rd January 2013, 10:35 PM
Probs man. Might be awhile tho need to save up to haha got a little girl on the way so car comes second :-( my car just shat it's self yesterday . Stupid seaford sprints giving me wrong coil fucked up my ecu relays and igniter. Upi Friday so source some stuff. Poorlife hahaha

Wagon86
23rd January 2013, 10:40 PM
A 32/36 Webber would be a good up grade. I put one on my old ke70. Felt like a different engine

Seventy
23rd January 2013, 10:44 PM
I wouldnt waste too much money on the 2s engine, could lighten the flywheel and get a better clutch to make use of what the engine does have. But i would just keep an eye out for a 22re corona, buy it and reshell your suspension and wheels.

hillzy
23rd January 2013, 11:00 PM
yeh i dunno yet just trying to get it really clean and running right! trying to save for a turbo car when i get off my p's but its so hard not to spend money aha i really want a ke70 again but that will be later down the track when i get an apprenticeship.

would a 32/36 weber be hard to put it and where could i get a new/recond one with all the mounting plates?

Wagon86
23rd January 2013, 11:14 PM
EBay maybe

hillzy
23rd January 2013, 11:17 PM
where do i get adapter plates?

Wagon86
23rd January 2013, 11:39 PM
Could Probs get some metal fab shop to make one

hillzy
24th January 2013, 11:04 PM
so was thinking today when i was driving, "fuck this is so slow". i need a better engine! i dont wanna do a 22re or get a new car cause im becoming attached to this now. anyone put sr20/ca18 in one of these and the difficulty involved? will be a non turbo so no intercooler n shit cause im still on my p's for a few years. (no beams dont have the $$) or do i just do a little work on the 2sc like a carby upgrade and be done with it?

suggestions welcome with the stuff ill need to make it work.

Wagon86
24th January 2013, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure but a ke70 or ae71 cross member might fit and there is a fue ca/Sr engine mounts kits getting around . Someone else on here mmight no if they fit.

Wagon86
24th January 2013, 11:18 PM
If ur gonna keep the car for a long time. U should swap the front to like mine

Seventy
26th January 2013, 08:55 PM
Just save your money to get something better off your P's....

hillzy
29th January 2013, 07:42 PM
yeh im just gonna leave the motor alone and keep it as a cool cruiser. had a drive in my brothers s14 (yes dirty nissan but was amazing to drive!) and i have to have one so the saving begins for when i get off my p's. will always have a soft spot for rollas' and when i get a decent job i will have a project ke70.

what do you mean wagon86 about swapping front to mine?

Wagon86
29th January 2013, 07:45 PM
My wagon has different lights. Looks better I recon. I think I drove past ur car at portys . Looks good

hillzy
29th January 2013, 08:05 PM
ohh really? ill have to have a look at your thread. yeh do you like the enormous cannon on the back hahaha

edit: yeh your lights and grill look so much better! any at upullit? and what size are your wats?

Wagon86
29th January 2013, 08:36 PM
Yeah I did notice the huge monster canon on the back hahaha. Nah sure if there is any . Best off having a look . And they are 15/8 neg 4 all rnd

hillzy
30th January 2013, 08:45 AM
yeh dude its so big hahaha, maybe that rt142 will have them? do the wheels poke out of guards?

Wagon86
30th January 2013, 09:43 AM
The front poke out a bit . Rears are almost flush

hillzy
4th February 2013, 05:35 PM
pic from the ben simpson charity cruise!

yes i know i need to straighten the front bumper haha

Wagon86
4th February 2013, 06:28 PM
Still looks good man