PDA

View Full Version : built a 13b powered ae86 / need some help

adamdib
25th January 2013, 08:15 PM
ive built a ae86 with full house 13b turbo with the wrks I've got supra box and r31 skyline rear end now i want to go full drift set up . so i want to ask you all about good suspension set up what to get to set the car up for drift

meadan
25th January 2013, 08:35 PM
Id probably start with driving the car as it is and seeing what needs improvement.

Theres alot of great suspension specs which sound great on paper, but it wont help with how you feel the car behaves with your driving style.

Generally some sort of adjustable damper/height coilovers are a good start.

Other than that, if you dont know what you want to begin with, noone can help tell you how to get what youre looking for :)

matt99
25th January 2013, 09:05 PM
Check out the guys at Shockworks, they have a sponsor section on this forum or you can search them on facebook. They have a massively adjustable coilover for AE86 and also will be able to walk you through any set up or current issues you are having.

Matt
25th January 2013, 09:12 PM
^^^ on shockworks gear...

To give you an idea, the owner Brett has 30 odd years experience and helped develop the FPV suspension, is constantly flying back and forth from Korea to work on other cars that are in development.

They are more than approachable and give them a call to discuss what you want from the car and I'm sure they can deliver it.

I run their gear in my ae86 and doubt there is anything better out there.

gracydaisss
3rd September 2013, 01:09 AM
Do post some pics of how your car looks.