9th February 2013, 12:19 AM
G'day guys and girls,

Thought this might be of interest to the Toyota 86 and AE86 owners :hehe:

Rice86
9th February 2013, 09:05 AM
THIS will be worth going, if i had an AE86 lol

Matt
9th February 2013, 02:01 PM
If enough interest is gathered we will meet out Penrith way and form a convoy up there. Anyone keen, come along to the meet point even if you don't have an xx86 , the drive is still worth it.

For now register your interest here

meadan
9th February 2013, 02:08 PM
Yeah that sounds pretty good to me.

Ill need to see when Im going away over easter, but hopefully not that weekend..

Matt
9th February 2013, 02:29 PM
Ill make some enquiries about if rego is required to enter etc..

maxhag
9th February 2013, 03:01 PM
If I am not working, I will come to this....

ae8zn6
9th February 2013, 03:41 PM
So it's says laps of the track, but do you get to drive fast? Or is it just drive around it at the speed limit? Cause the latter would be lame, but given that its open to the public and doesn't seem to require a cams license or anything I'm guessing its the latter... :(

Willofan
9th February 2013, 05:52 PM
I did this with V8 Supercars last year in my Williamson Group C RA40 Celica and it was following a pace car supposedly at 80km/h, we made some noise across the top and let loose down Conrod when it got to 7800rpm in 4th (160km/h). Was a blast and well worth the trip.

I will consider getting my TTA Grp A AE86 GT coupe up there to do some laps. It did the Bathurst 1000 back in 1986, 87 and 88 when it won its class. Now to drive it myself would be a blast. If it is for regoed cars then I am out.

Matt
9th February 2013, 06:01 PM
The guys hosting the event were the ones who started this thread... I'm sure they'll answer our questions soon

I'd consider towing my car up there for this too

Willofan
16th February 2013, 09:23 AM
Well looks like I am going to this event.

I met with the people yesterday in Melbourne to discuss this event and other opportunities.

This is a CAMS controlled event for the Toyota 86 3lap session will be at 80kms/h using the whole track and racing lines. Reason being is the drivers do not need a cams lisc, rollcage and helmets etc, therefore it has to have limits. It is also closed event so rego is not mandatory.

There is an entry fee which is a bargain for what you get. As I said above, it was more like a spirited drive once it happened and it was well worth the trip. Numbers are limited and cut off for entries is early March, so get in before you miss the chance

This event is the real deal, so if you own an 86 ZN6 or AE86 check it out and register by contacting Kat as per the flyer in the first post kat@cimamedia.com.au. More info here http://bathurstmotorfestival.com.au/

xero
20th February 2013, 12:22 PM
i have entered to race in the regularity, hopefully i get the nod as currently im still a reserve (im quite pissed off at this, long story)

Willofan
29th March 2013, 09:46 AM
Well I am about to leave and head to the Bathurst Motor Festival to play cars. The team is up there already and preparing for first practice at 10am.

Toyota has supplied a bright red 86 for the official safety car for the weekend, it has been stickered up, mounted flashing lights and will be handed over this morning.

Be sure to drop by the Pedders Racing garage and say g'day and see the Pedders 86 race car.

Good luck guys, see you soon