PDA

View Full Version : Anything cool to see in Thailand?

Mika
27th March 2013, 11:58 PM
Hey lads,

I'm hitting up Thailand in a few weeks, just wondering if there is anything cool over there to see in the way of drift car culture? Or anything in general?

Cheers,

Daniel.

john84ie
28th March 2013, 12:41 AM
Where you headed for and for how long? So much to see and do, hope you aint bringing a woman with you!!

Nicko
28th March 2013, 09:05 AM
Drift? haha. Go see a pingpong show and get a massage. You'll thank me later.

I went there in 2011 for work. What has been seen cannot be unseen!

djscheppy
28th March 2013, 01:07 PM
forget cars and all your lifelong worries.

if in bangkok- sukhumvit. if in chiang mai, hit up the bars on Loh Kroh.

wideslider
28th March 2013, 01:45 PM
Go north to Chang Mai, epic place and cheap 2 stroke quads through mountain jungles

wideslider
28th March 2013, 02:11 PM
Also stay at "Julies" in Chaing Mai and there are awesome reggae clubs and a bar called Zoes in Yellow. Good Times.

Mika
28th March 2013, 11:28 PM
Where you headed for and for how long? So much to see and do, hope you aint bringing a woman with you!!

Heading there for 10 days mate, yeah got the Mrs with me. Haha. So you got nothing that is mrs friendly? Haha.

Go north to Chang Mai, epic place and cheap 2 stroke quads through mountain jungles

Sounds dope mate! Will look into it!

hollywood89
29th March 2013, 07:48 PM
plenty to do in thailand, huge aftermarket support area in down town bangkok, helps if you have a local taking you around

Mika
29th March 2013, 11:36 PM
plenty to do in thailand, huge aftermarket support area in down town bangkok, helps if you have a local taking you around

First time there dude. I guess I'll just have to run it and see what I end up finding. Can always go back!

Cheers!

john84ie
30th March 2013, 12:16 AM
bangkok is a shithole,i woulnt spend more than a day or 2 there. co san road is the main backpacker area.its a street full of hotels and bar and loads of people selling stuff.there is a huuuge shopping centre in bangkok which is pretty cool and loads of cheap stuff,its massive!also has cinema,arcades,restraunts,ect.
for car stuff in bangkok there is a good few aftermarket parts shops all in the one area.i bought a local car magazine and found a few shops advertising in it with address's in town so showed it to taxi driver and he brought us.they have loadsa fake brides,gauges,wheels,ect.

id get out of bankgkok and catch a flight to phucket.its a nice spot for a few days,has jetskis,go karts,shooting range,quads through jungles,bars,shopping,ect ect

from there ya can get boat to phi phi island which is nice quiet place for couples for a few days,lovely beaches,scuba diving,snorkelling ect..

then if ya have time maybe head to ko samui or chang mai or something for a day or 2,if ya could catch a full moon party would be worth going too.

overall its best holiday place ive been,been there twice.first time for 6 weeks,2nd for a week.deffo would be different experience going there single though like i did!!lol

be careful though,lock your valuables up in hotel security box's,dont take drugs,try not cause trouble as there laws are alot different and shit goes missing easily!!

Mika
30th March 2013, 12:48 AM
bangkok is a shithole,i woulnt spend more than a day or 2 there. co san road is the main backpacker area.its a street full of hotels and bar and loads of people selling stuff.there is a huuuge shopping centre in bangkok which is pretty cool and loads of cheap stuff,its massive!also has cinema,arcades,restraunts,ect.
for car stuff in bangkok there is a good few aftermarket parts shops all in the one area.i bought a local car magazine and found a few shops advertising in it with address's in town so showed it to taxi driver and he brought us.they have loadsa fake brides,gauges,wheels,ect.

id get out of bankgkok and catch a flight to phucket.its a nice spot for a few days,has jetskis,go karts,shooting range,quads through jungles,bars,shopping,ect ect

from there ya can get boat to phi phi island which is nice quiet place for couples for a few days,lovely beaches,scuba diving,snorkelling ect..

then if ya have time maybe head to ko samui or chang mai or something for a day or 2,if ya could catch a full moon party would be worth going too.

overall its best holiday place ive been,been there twice.first time for 6 weeks,2nd for a week.deffo would be different experience going there single though like i did!!lol

be careful though,lock your valuables up in hotel security box's,dont take drugs,try not cause trouble as there laws are alot different and shit goes missing easily!!

Cheers for the info mate! Will see how we go. We are staying in Patong Beach. Yeah, I know about keeping all my valuables safe etc.

Thanks again.

Brahlinski
10th June 2013, 07:55 PM
Steroids.

Other than that, not much. LOL