PDA

View Full Version : how hard would it be...

scott_22
20th June 2009, 09:13 PM
...to make your own ncrca's? was looking at a thread on another forum and a dude with rt142 looks like (i could be wrong though) he has made his own rca's. if i went to a machining shop could they do it for me? if i took them the strut. anyone know of anywhere on the sunny coast.
just curious.
thanks
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1285/photo0012dn6.jpg

sundee
20th June 2009, 09:20 PM
any reason u want NRCA's?
more camber? go longer LCA or ADJ LCA
that block looks rank as IMO.

NRCA ads another shear point in the system.
QUote - "apparently it makes the car feel a bit wak" aka strange handeling

i was looking at using NRCA's just to get more clearance from the LCA in doing my brake conversion... but decided to to up another track.. much better

i see u have AJPS as your Sig... ask Lawson y he doesnt sell them anymore

blinded
20th June 2009, 09:21 PM
I can see it being easier and cheaper to just buy some.

scott_22
20th June 2009, 09:24 PM
any reason u want NRCA's?
more camber? go longer LCA or ADJ LCA
that block looks rank as IMO.

NRCA ads another shear point in the system.
QUote - "apparently it makes the car feel a bit wak" aka strange handeling

i was looking at using NRCA's just to get more clearance from the LCA in doing my brake conversion... but decided to to up another track.. much better

i see u have AJPS as your Sig... ask Lawson y he doesnt sell them anymore

i just put corona lcas in and i just wanted a little bit more camber/track. its on a ke70 btw.
ill got hit up lawson

ke70dave
20th June 2009, 11:50 PM
...to make your own ncrca's? was looking at a thread on another forum and a dude with rt142 looks like (i could be wrong though) he has made his own rca's. if i went to a machining shop could they do it for me? if i took them the strut. anyone know of anywhere on the sunny coast.
just curious.
thanks

i say go for it, have a go, at least get some quotes to compare it with.

like that guy has made its only a piece of alloy with 4 holts drilled in it.

your best would be to draw it all up nice and proper in auto cad. with exactly what you want. though it might cost you a fair bit since you are only getting one thing made. but its a very simple item so you never know might be cheap.

what are they worth to buy anyway? like $200?

Konakid
21st June 2009, 12:09 AM
i say go for it, have a go, at least get some quotes to compare it with.

like that guy has made its only a piece of alloy with 4 holts drilled in it.

your best would be to draw it all up nice and proper in auto cad. with exactly what you want. though it might cost you a fair bit since you are only getting one thing made. but its a very simple item so you never know might be cheap.

what are they worth to buy anyway? like $200?

Ahh its not that simple, you need to get steel locators made up, correct tensile, length, and thread bolts, springs washers, etc.

RCA's are a bandaid solution.

The easiest way to a wider track is wider wheels.

What wheels are you running?

dori_86
21st June 2009, 01:04 AM
i thought the whole main point of RCA was to correct the low roll centre point to increase handling etc?

Sam-Q
21st June 2009, 01:09 AM
NRCA's are crap, they stuff up your scrub radius. Just run lower ocntrol arms and camber tops wound out for wider track

Konakid
21st June 2009, 01:37 AM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1285/photo0012dn6.jpg

FAIL

That can fit in with that adjustable steel plate and bolt lca pic.

--Redwork--
21st June 2009, 09:45 AM
Thats soo nasty...

Just Either buy some or run longer LCA's...

Much better than haveing your wheels floping around by itself when something breaks..

DR86TY
21st June 2009, 07:37 PM
The reason for NRCA is to stop bump steer.
massive difference when i used ajps coilovers with NRCA's.

Plus a bit of bling for the front of the car

Hen may possibly be a nut
21st June 2009, 09:45 PM
They are a coant to make. I made a couple of sets, and even when I had the program sorted I could really only make one in an evening by the time I set up, checked, cut the holes, reclamped the thing and cut the outline. Could definitely have been done better/faster if I was a pro and has access to a better machine.

Hen

Sam-Q
21st June 2009, 11:10 PM
The reason for NRCA is to stop bump steer.
massive difference when i used ajps coilovers with NRCA's.

Plus a bit of bling for the front of the car

yes it would reduce some of your bumpsteer but introduce another unwanted geometry screw up. Try changing to a normal set of RCA's and see how it feels

marvis
22nd June 2009, 10:48 AM
Baaadddd Idea.

GOODY
22nd June 2009, 04:45 PM
I was gonna make a new thread but seen this one so I might aswell ask in here.
Are RCA's really worth the $100-$150???

I'm no pro at this stuff and I'm assuming bump steer is when driving and your front wheels hit a bump it makes the car steer to one side by itself? I've noticed this pretty bad in my ke and it's not really that low in the front (un-cut 8kg ajps front springs to get an idea).

Do they help alot in getting rid of bumpsteer?

GOODY
22nd June 2009, 05:14 PM
So they would definatly get rid of the problem I've got? Or could that be caused from something similar?

Konakid
22nd June 2009, 05:44 PM
Could also be tramlining if you have a wide front track through low offset wide wheels.

marvis
22nd June 2009, 05:53 PM
I was gonna make a new thread but seen this one so I might aswell ask in here.
Are RCA's really worth the $100-$150???

I'm no pro at this stuff and I'm assuming bump steer is when driving and your front wheels hit a bump it makes the car steer to one side by itself? I've noticed this pretty bad in my ke and it's not really that low in the front (un-cut 8kg ajps front springs to get an idea).

Do they help alot in getting rid of bumpsteer?

Well worth the money.

GOODY
22nd June 2009, 05:55 PM
Could also be tramlining if you have a wide front track through low offset wide wheels.

Tracks not really that wide in the front (xt130 lca's) and the wheels on there currently are about +20 offset :(
PM replyed Dave

GOODY
22nd June 2009, 05:59 PM
Yeh not so great looking but haha

Hokey
22nd June 2009, 06:01 PM
i don't see what's wrong with the picture that was orignally posted? it might look that good but tell me where it "fails"?

an rca is a pretty simple thing. an nrca is only a tiny bit more complicated than that

marvis
22nd June 2009, 06:09 PM
They don't look good if the car has been lowered and there is none there.. You know something is up or the driver has no idea lol

fantapants
22nd June 2009, 06:16 PM
yes these will help your problem... yes they are worth every cent... no, what u are experiancing is NOT bumpstear. check out the suspension thread for a good explantation.

GOODY
22nd June 2009, 06:25 PM
yes these will help your problem... yes they are worth every cent... no, what u are experiancing is NOT bumpstear. check out the suspension thread for a good explantation.

Just had a look at that thread and after a quick read I'm guessing the "scrub radius" is the main cause of the problem?
I'll more than likely get a pair of rca's anyway which will hopefully help a bit.
Thanks for the help :)