PDA

View Full Version : Website, April update

AJPS
17th April 2013, 07:59 PM
Greetings all.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Will bring you up to speed. Sorry its a bit long but it has been a while.

2013 signals our 10th year in business from very humble beginnings and we are still going. After some tragic news I decided it was a good time to go away for a bit.

Did some driving in the new GT86 at Nurburgring and was very impressed. Definitely a platform we are interested in developing some parts for in the future. Was so balanced and rewarded good, smooth driving, the perceived lack of power quotes I see bandied about the internet are really only apparent when you make a mistake the recovery takes longer.

When I returned home we had the Legend of the Lakes hillclimb in Mt Gambier. What a great event for drivers and spectators alike. For those unfamiliar it's quite a technical course for a hillclimb and really tested car and driver as opposed to Mt Alma which really needs a lot of power for the hill. We tried some different tyres with good results. Weather was perfect, event very well run with an awesome mix of cars. The Corolla performed faultlessly all weekend, just checking tyre pressures and oil. It was our first year there and the times we dropping every run, we won our class and got to 34th outright amongst a sea of AWD turbos. Results here: http://www.seacsa.com/hill_climb_files/LofL%20Final%20Outright.pdf.pdf and new pics up in the motorsport pics folder.

Into 2013 I spent some time in New Zealand. Drove some amazing roads, saw some amazing cars on the street and thanks to more relaxed (read: normal) modification laws and opened up more of our selling market over there. To NZ customers I now have an NZ bank acct for easier transactions.

In the past month I have done the Mt Alma hillclimb. The hill is a bit steep for corollas as I am about 2 seconds off the pace by the first corner. The timing system rewards consistency, which the car usually is, so I had some hope of a top 30 finish. Unfortunately the gearbox selector fork broke changing into second and had to trundle up the hill stuck in 3rd. Race and weekend over.

The future sees us looking at expanding into new platforms and looking for holes in the flooded market. We are also streamlining our product range to open our webstore

We have just released a T shirt commemorating our 10 years in business – you order in the thread and see the design here - http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/76797-AJPS-10-year-anniversary-T-shirts-group-buy .

Stay safe and warm over winter and keep the Toyotas alive!

slide86
17th April 2013, 09:00 PM
10 years is a big deal in this industry.

AJPS is one of those businesses that is really a benchmark for this 'scene' (corollas/Toyotas).

I've been lucky enough to have been involved with AJPS over the years........and have seen Dave evolve the business from a kitchen table operation to a stocked workshop overflowing with Toyotas and other modified vehicles. Doing this largely solo is a huge deal........I've been spinning scanners at midnight at the shop and Dave has been there processing orders and filling express post bags, sometimes not leaving till 3-4am. That's dedication.

He's seen em come and go, and when you can stand the test of time in a tough market, I think it's safe to say we can see him round for a while to come!

AJPS
17th April 2013, 09:41 PM
10 years is a big deal in this industry.

AJPS is one of those businesses that is really a benchmark for this 'scene' (corollas/Toyotas).

I've been lucky enough to have been involved with AJPS over the years........and have seen Dave evolve the business from a kitchen table operation to a stocked workshop overflowing with Toyotas and other modified vehicles. Doing this largely solo is a huge deal........I've been spinning scanners at midnight at the shop and Dave has been there processing orders and filling express post bags, sometimes not leaving till 3-4am. That's dedication.

He's seen em come and go, and when you can stand the test of time in a tough market, I think it's safe to say we can see him round for a while to come!

Cheers for the kind words Huw - reminds me of you re wiring shit boxes with limited equipment, even a wharfie could learn new words from you haha

I have certainly been tossed around by suppliers a bit and other 'staff' but all is good now and heading in a good direction!