PDA

View Full Version : Motor Culture App - Tapatalk will stop working soon Please UPGRADE

Matt
14th May 2013, 04:33 PM
We are currently migrating from the Tapatalk Network to the Motorculture App which will give you guys access to a lot of other automotive forums.

New Tapatalk users please visit: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/moto...612532514?mt=8 (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/motorculture/id612532514?mt=8)

or

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...acecomau&hl=en (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.matespacecomau&hl=en)

Existing Tapatalk users please switch over now to avoid any access issues as tapatalk will stop working shortly.

d1staz
14th May 2013, 06:52 PM
I just switched over and there is some advertising crap across the bottom. Is there any way to get rid of it?

Delazy
14th May 2013, 07:27 PM
Yeh nah...guess I'll frequent this place less regularly now mobile viewing is rubbish...

tapatalk is a good thing, I've always wondered why people try to recreate the wheel as such...

*posted from tapatalk*

McLEVIN
15th May 2013, 12:00 AM
Yeah fuck advertising. Rather pay for it

Matt
15th May 2013, 08:18 AM
Guess you can't please everyone, adds are so I don't have to put my hand into my pocket to pay the hosting costs.

Think of ignoring them as making a donation

willa
15th May 2013, 12:00 PM
Sorry mate but I'm on the tapatalk wagon as well.

That said i donated back in the day, until my pm's were read and my membership revoked lol.

Given the sites orientation since, I'd be happy enough to jump back on board :)

JinxD
15th May 2013, 02:25 PM
This site has been gong down the tube for a while now and this is the last nail in the coffin.

*posted from Tapatalk*

Matt
15th May 2013, 02:32 PM
This site has been gong down the tube for a while now and this is the last nail in the coffin.

*posted from Tapatalk*

Can you be more specific?

JinxD
15th May 2013, 02:37 PM
Since all the contributing members got banned. When the site was for sale 2 or 3 times. If you go to the main page and look at the threads with the big post counts on them, see how many are still active users or if the actual car is around still. It's a shame really.
I also blame Facebook a lot of my car friends update via that now and not forums

Matt
15th May 2013, 04:10 PM
Either way you'd be surprised at how little the forums will play in the clubs existence moving forward. Most of those members were unbanned 18 months ago. Some stuff done back then was really stupid to be honest.

i appreciate the feedback tho , this is open for discussion with the adds. Maybe some less intrusive ones might work better

McLEVIN
15th May 2013, 04:35 PM
yeah...is it possible to make them at least topic related

Jdm-Mcc
15th May 2013, 05:00 PM
AE86DC used to have more of a community feel. then nick had some serious PMS and we all got banned haha

d1staz
15th May 2013, 05:03 PM
The reason I wanted to get rid of it is because admob advertising gets into your other apps, history and data to direct specific ads at you according to your interests. It seems kinda intrusive. There are ways to turn off that feature but I think I would have to jail break my iPhone.

d1staz
15th May 2013, 08:09 PM
Just a thought but would it be possible to setup a paid motor culture app with no admob? I would be happy to buy an add free app if the proceeds go to AE86DC.

burcoty
16th May 2013, 11:04 AM
Aww I also use Tapatalk.
Hate adds with a passion.
How much does it cost to maintain?
How much does the new one cost you to be add free?

Matt
16th May 2013, 04:27 PM
Yeah nick is a weird fucker hey.... AE86dc is nothing without the members, i think it is more your club than mine... i'm the one who gets to mess with it and make changes and ensure it is heading in the right direction.

Having said that, I do want to keep it from being like Toymods where unless you're part of the sanctum you may as well avoid the place if you aren't in the inner core.

Points noted about that admob stuff, will have a bit more of a think about how to make it work..

And for those who got shitty, pull your heads in and RELAX! everything is up for discussion here now, and unless you sleep with my mates dog then you won't get banned unless the dog didn't like it.

McLEVIN
16th May 2013, 11:13 PM
Can multiple images be uploaded at the same time or do you have to do it one by one. Like I have to do on tapatalk.

Matt
17th May 2013, 06:04 PM
Not sure man... But the good news is we will be able to turn adds on / off pretty much on a per user basis.

It runs the same tapatalk code on the server, so I was really surprised it was received the way it was. But thanks for being upfront guys, no need to be scared of getting banned because you have an opinion about changes to the forums.

LiveToRide
17th May 2013, 09:34 PM
Reason why it would have been revived the way it was in my opinion is that I can have all of my forums in the one place I can flick between car forums to electronics to home brew, now it's just another pain in the ass switching between apps! Thanks for the hard work though!

burcoty
20th May 2013, 04:33 AM
Hey Matt,
What's the update with this?
I've noticed that the motorculture app now has no ads displaying (well for me at least) which is great!
As above, I also like that with Tapatalk you can just switch between all your favourite forums.
Are you still planning on going ahead with the switch?

Matt
20th May 2013, 08:00 AM
To be honest I'm not overly sure what to do about it... I will be able to turn the adds off for those who really really really hate them.

I'll ask about having the forums you frequent allot added to the list on it, so you have the 1 app still, but it isn't hard to close one app and open another.

Was it mostly the adds that sucked about it? or was there other reasons? It should have looked / felt like tapatalk.

**** POSTED FROM A PC ***

Yep I don't use tapatalk myself.

burcoty
20th May 2013, 10:47 AM
It does look, act and feel like Tapatalk.
Tbh I personally don't mind switching if there is no ads.
I'm currently running both, just waiting for you to decide so I can ditch the other.

P.s has this been put on the main page?
Perhaps send everyone a pm so that they can be directed here to discuss?
Realistically there's only been a handful of responses so far..
Would be good to know how the wider community feels about the switch.

Matt
20th May 2013, 11:48 AM
In terms of people using tapatalk there is honestly about 30-40 of you guys that use it. Though there is around 1100 active members , plus a shitload more anonymous lurkers.

I try not to spam people stuff too much because me personally I find it very annoying when i get it myself.

dansomerville
20th May 2013, 12:00 PM
I have both apps at the moment and can honestly tell no difference. I don't get ads on the new one. And it's not that much effort going back to Tapatalk for my other forums.

mcBen
20th May 2013, 03:40 PM
Agreed, there is actually no difference. All of this commotion is #firstworldproblems

LiveToRide
20th May 2013, 04:04 PM
why change something thats not broken?

McLEVIN
20th May 2013, 04:19 PM
I dont mind switching. See if you can make multiple pic uploads... thats my beef with tapatalk.

Matt
20th May 2013, 04:35 PM
Well tapatalk is a bitch to maintain from a admin perspective.

burcoty
20th May 2013, 04:54 PM
Well all good,
As before ads were the main bone of contention so as there are no longer ads I'm pretty happy.
How much does motorculture cost to maintain ad free?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorculture mobile app

Matt
20th May 2013, 05:41 PM
its more so how much does the forum cost to maintain / host each month.

marvis
20th May 2013, 11:43 PM
I just use chrome on my mobile?

Jacobxxx
22nd May 2013, 10:18 AM
I normally use chrome. Downloaded motor culture, seems sweet!

sundee
23rd May 2013, 07:37 PM
I just use safari on my I phone. Works fine for
Me. Been meaning to look into these apps though..

Matt
23rd May 2013, 10:57 PM
Safari is what i use too, prefer it over the apps... plus all the custom shit / competitions and that you get to enter / see.

McLEVIN
24th May 2013, 10:18 PM
Thought id give motorculture app a go. Wont open it keeps crashing...forced stopped it still wont open

mcBen
25th May 2013, 01:03 AM
Thought id give motorculture app a go. Wont open it keeps crashing...forced stopped it still wont open

maybe uninstall and data wipe the play store, then re-install

burcoty
15th June 2013, 06:50 AM
Has the change over happened yet?

Is there any chance of having the photo hosting part like Tapatalk?
That was extremely useful and just realised motor culture doesn't support it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorculture mobile app

willa
15th June 2013, 11:37 AM
*posting from tapatalk

Matt
18th June 2013, 01:15 PM
*posting from tapatalk

Lol posting stuff like that makes me tempted to bin tapatalk all together. Pretty pointless really. I'm not sure what to do with it to be honest, but there will be an app better than tapatalk hopefully mid next year.

Using tapatalk you miss out on so many custom things.

Post up what u hate about the forums, as i'm in the mood to make changes. The forum isn't what ae86dc will be about soon, so really on the priority list it is pretty low.

Solo
9th August 2013, 06:16 PM
This app is not working for met at the moment... connection failure...

LiveToRide
9th August 2013, 07:15 PM
fine for me on galaxy s4

Solo
12th August 2013, 07:31 PM
fine for me on galaxy s4

That's what I have...

drift kid
13th August 2013, 01:14 PM
it worked mad for me on my s4 up until the most recent update and doesn't work anymore

Matt
13th August 2013, 02:09 PM
I'll let the app developers know...

blinded
13th August 2013, 02:24 PM
Same thing here. Was working until the last update, now cactus. s2 4g here.

Back to tapatalk...

Matt
13th August 2013, 04:57 PM
Got a reply back saying shit fuck shit fucken... is being looked at and an update should be out soon.

drift kid
13th August 2013, 04:59 PM
okay cool thanks matt! :D

Matt
15th August 2013, 07:32 AM
Got an email last night saying it had been fixed...

Now as you were

drift kid
16th August 2013, 01:30 PM
All good now! :)

joeschmo_57
17th August 2013, 03:08 AM
Got a reply back saying shit fuck shit fucken... is being looked at and an update should be out soon.

:-0 naughty words!

joeschmo_57
17th August 2013, 03:17 AM
Also, how do we get rid of the ads?
The functionality of having a pop up of and slide thing for viewing photos is awesome with tapa. Will it be possible for motor culture?

Either way, thanks for looking after 86dc

Matt
17th August 2013, 08:53 PM
Yep it is a custom app so that stuff can be added in. Working on a method of opting out for the adds as we speak.

Hang in there for now and think of ignoring the adds as donating to the site. Got to pay for hosting somehow plus the competition give aways