PDA

View Full Version : We are drift

obey wan boenny
22nd June 2009, 04:46 PM
Hello, after talking with HashiriyaExports.com owner, Luke Huxham an Australian now fliming and slidng in Japan about his new Drift Documentary DVD, i thought id help get the word out...

Currently in the making and with another 6 months of filming and producing will be a film based on the drifting community a 100% raw look at drifting from a grass roots level i mean no sponsors guys its all behind the scenes and all local. This film is really going to be something special if i get to do what i have planned for it. The thing that makes this film so different is im asking the community what they want, they community is telling me, they are supporting me sending in money donations offering help with anything they can do, i got a guy called Thomas Moore or Slappy in the states marketing the ass off this film to every forum he knows and is really doing a great deal for this film.

This film is going to cover so many areas and answer so many questions people are lefts with after they have just watched a film and gone "wow that was nice but what about this or that".
This is a film made by the community for the community, its going to be released on the internet 100% free of charge to internet viewers but what this means is i need investors and sponsors to help make this film but the flip side is everyone will watch a film thats for free so the amount of viewer will be huge!!! The amount of eyes and ears looking at sponsors will be massive, i also have started getting legal rights to use some amazing music i have been hunting for. At one point in time we were all little guys. This film will be released on DVD already have the costings on this all but on smaller numbers, it wont be the main way of getting it out there, just for the people like me who like to have hard copies off films to watch on big screens and crap. The DVD was going to be the main source but i figured to get the most viewers and eyes for potential sponsors and investors and internet release would be better.

I dont want to profit from this film, i just want to break even if i can and do something i have a passion for because drifting has given so much to me when i came to Japan, its only fair that i can try to give back, but hey i need some help. This is just one little man trying to make a big impact on the WHOLE drifting community, i am moving houses in Japan for cheaper rent to free up more money, i have cut my job hours in half to give me more time, im putting everything on the line for this film.

Here is the new website i have made with the touge sneak peak video, nothing special just a throw together.

www.wearedrift.com

Face Book page
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=742397596&ref=nf#/pages/Drift-Documentary-We-Are-Drift/104463233720?ref=ts

For more of Lukes work...

Ebisu Drift Matsuri Part II – Drift Motion - http://vimeo.com/5059286

Ebisu Drift Matsuri Part I – The Drift - http://vimeo.com/4636484

Mobara D1SL – Life Behind The Blaze - http://vimeo.com/4928296

http://www.hashiriyaexports.com/blog/

Sounds good to me! I can't wait to see it finished and will be donating to Luke to help make the DVD as successful as he hopes :)

Cheers, Benny.

svenmate
22nd June 2009, 04:59 PM
that sounds sweet. He's building a big name for himself with his productions. very cool

R&D Mechanical
22nd June 2009, 05:07 PM
yeah this dude can put music and skids together well, which is hard to do.

looks good want more

Brenton 86
22nd June 2009, 05:28 PM
Ha! How times change, wish him all the best, abit too much talking up/bullshit for me but hopefully some good footage comes out of it.

shift_rook
22nd June 2009, 06:16 PM
sick, i'd definately pay to see the dvd!

rolla92
22nd June 2009, 08:57 PM
wen is the offical release date?

obey wan boenny
22nd June 2009, 09:15 PM
There isn't one. just have to stay tuned :)

KKUSTOM
22nd June 2009, 10:23 PM
nice love ya work benny

45KIDS
22nd June 2009, 10:33 PM
This is deffenetly going to be a dope film!

gumbie
23rd June 2009, 06:18 AM
Are we talking about luke with the orange jzx? if so he's the biggest douche bag in the world..

ae86 slide
23rd June 2009, 08:55 AM
steady up, if your not a fan of him, fair enough. but keep it to yourself.
He makes some cool vids and is driving some awesome tracks in japan. Good on him for that, if he posts some stuff you dont like, dont read it.

mack 10
23rd June 2009, 09:50 PM
Sneak preview looks good. Cant wait

Konakid
23rd June 2009, 10:48 PM
Are we talking about luke with the orange jzx? if so he's the biggest douche bag in the world..

Have heard this too.

driftke70
24th June 2009, 12:23 AM
hes an asshole, but drives a nice car and lives a life we would love to. does some good film work too, just has a bad habit of rubbing people up the wrong way

Ae86sam
24th June 2009, 12:22 PM
Lol.. Yeah... luke can come across as a bit of a Douche Bag but he's alright once you meet him.. :)

Should be really good..

Beau
24th June 2009, 01:26 PM
he rubbed me the RIGHT way and it was the best night ever

MJ86
30th June 2009, 10:21 PM

He should fit in well here then.:P

Konakid
30th June 2009, 10:50 PM
Oh hardy ha.

MJ86
30th June 2009, 11:38 PM
Oh hardy ha.

That is what i thought, what is wrong? it seems like i never learn.

crackett
4th July 2009, 05:12 PM
Really good skills with the camera. I imagine it's extremly difficult to put music to drift film. Especially touge. I'll buy it for sure.

sun_moon
6th July 2009, 12:16 AM
wen is the offical release date?

when you learn to spell....

R&D Mechanical
6th July 2009, 04:16 PM
Part II

http://vimeo.com/5423987

widebody86
14th July 2009, 05:10 PM
few of my mates are heading over for drift matsuri in 2 weeks wish i was going :(

obey wan boenny
15th July 2009, 12:47 PM
progress video of Nikko D1SL and touge...

http://www.hashiriyaexports.com/blog/2009/07/we-are-drift-documentary-touge-nikko/

R&D Mechanical
15th July 2009, 04:44 PM
lol at the end!

MeZ Prod
15th July 2009, 06:36 PM
few of my mates are heading over for drift matsuri in 2 weeks wish i was going :(

It's going to be awesome!
Will have HEAPS of footage so you dont feel too left out :P

rolla92
20th July 2009, 10:50 AM
wen does this come out on DVD?

i wana buy it.

Robo86
20th July 2009, 12:30 PM
not for a while man, Luke is still collecting footage for it :)

lo_rolla
20th July 2009, 02:57 PM
I met Luke in Japan and despite what many people said about him on the Internet, he turned out to be a rad cunt in person.
Went to the D1SL at Nikko and a few touges with him. And some of the footage is fucking awesome.