PDA

View Full Version : New Engine

spoz
24th June 2009, 10:50 PM
hey guys im going to start looking for a new engine for my car in the next two weeks i really have my hart set on a 4agze.
where is the best place i can get one with all the parts i need so i can toss the 4ac off the face of the earth. i dont want a ze thats been thrashed.
can i get a package off someone with all the part?

Delazy
24th June 2009, 11:51 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=93037#post93037

DAMO46
25th June 2009, 03:56 AM
delazy posted it!

spoz
25th June 2009, 06:53 AM
wont postage from qld be a killer?

Delazy
25th June 2009, 08:42 AM
wont postage from qld be a killer?

well very few places in tasmania are going to have a 4agze...a decent one is hard enuff to find let alone one with the goodies that already has...

postage is a killer when ur buying a $350 item and paying $400 in shipping...like im currently doing...so stop whinging :P

worked
27th June 2009, 01:21 PM
send us a messo when you get the engine man, simple to bolt it in, just need to cut on tab off where the superchargers bottom bracket bolts to the block, that fouls with the sprinter engine mounts, after that it's a bolt in affair. then you just need custom piping to face your supercharger pipes forward =)

Skid_KE70
1st July 2009, 11:01 PM
And then... bake tyres

cky767
2nd July 2009, 01:18 PM
And then... bake tyres

on the track of course :) :DD

ae71
2nd July 2009, 01:40 PM
track... pppfff

spoz
12th July 2009, 06:29 PM
just a quick question, ruffly how much is it going to cost me to get this engine put in when it arrives. if i was to pay a mechanic to do it.

Delazy
12th July 2009, 07:16 PM
just a quick question, ruffly how much is it going to cost me to get this engine put in when it arrives. if i was to pay a mechanic to do it.

more than its worth...

the engine was already in an ae86...so should take much work to get it into ur car and running...ALOT easier to throw on some beers,pizza,whatever and get whoever u can around to help out...

Prewer
12th July 2009, 07:30 PM
^^ bring it round to my shed and we can get a few boys to get it in and running, no dramas

Or have you got your own shed and tools?

spoz
12th July 2009, 08:54 PM
just removing info

Sturgey
12th July 2009, 09:53 PM
didnt think ron was a 4a man lol

worked
12th July 2009, 10:22 PM
rons a cash man. like any workshop
stop stressing spoz we'll get it in in a weekend, get a few round and it'll take no time

Delazy
12th July 2009, 11:19 PM
i have a shed and tools, i was going to get my mate ron to put it in, that owns rons automotive. ed said he would help. but i dont want to be with out a car for like a week because i need it for work. and i know if i give it to ron it will be in the car and working in 2 days. but i dont know how much he is going to charge me.
where is your shed prewer?
msn me
stealth_style_spoz@hotmail.com
or text me 0400008748

dnt let him touch the ECU...its in japanese

worked
12th July 2009, 11:31 PM
what??

Prewer
13th July 2009, 03:00 AM
i have a shed and tools, i was going to get my mate ron to put it in, that owns rons automotive. ed said he would help. but i dont want to be with out a car for like a week because i need it for work. and i know if i give it to ron it will be in the car and working in 2 days. but i dont know how much he is going to charge me.
where is your shed prewer?
msn me
stealth_style_spoz@hotmail.com
or text me 0400008748

In my backyard, lol..

Im sure if you got Ed and maybe a few others we could have it running in a weekend.

Not sure when you want to do it though, im halfway through lining the shed at the moment, might be a few weeks.

If you have your own and your own tools thats good enough, engine crane or block and tackle would be handy though ;)

Sturgey
13th July 2009, 03:36 AM
i got a crane if need be :)

klusio
13th July 2009, 02:03 PM
delazy back in your box, good to see a group weekend mission forming, DOOO ITTTTT!

spoz
13th July 2009, 05:17 PM
hahaha im going to end up with like 20 people puting one engine in lol, thanks guys, im not stressing ed, was just wondering how much somone would charge me :)
well dads shed where its getting delived has an engine crane and a hoist and all the tools you can think of.
we could organise a massive piss up engine put in / bbq:) hahaha

Prewer
13th July 2009, 06:38 PM
^^ beer and food, im there!

whos driving my ass there.. ha

spoz
14th July 2009, 07:03 PM
2 crates of 4agze goodness arived today :)

44GTE
13th August 2009, 10:16 PM
Hi

Is it all done yet ?

cheers

Delazy
13th August 2009, 10:29 PM
Hi

Is it all done yet ?

cheers

from wat i heard, its in, just ironing out electrical grimlins

spoz
14th August 2009, 09:46 PM
na not yet they are still stuffing about with the ecu and some wiring , i dont think hes touched it this week he said hes been streched a litttle thin

ae71
14th August 2009, 10:43 PM
i say get nickz to wire it up

Prewer
17th August 2009, 09:03 AM
Still cant believe ya took it to Boost for the fitment, that would of cost quite a pretty penny, ahwell, guess you have got it..

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
17th August 2009, 11:58 AM
LOL @ Boost.... If the 'dude' I was inadvertently privileged enough to have listened to whilst in Launceston with Justin and his cousin the other week is any indication of the workforce at boost, there's no way I'd take even my wheel barrow there. LOL At never hearing someone dribble so much shit in all my life, if only i'd have recorded the defence he presented when I dropped a comment about sherrif's ability (or lack of...) Funny shit! Anyhow, back on topic I suppose.... I thought it was ready to drop in and plug and play? What's to rewire?!

Prewer
17th August 2009, 03:03 PM
flux capacitor - Brad Sherrif Special

flat out
18th August 2009, 12:27 AM
fairly sure if you want the job done right the first time take it to brad sheriff, i dont know him personally, but have met him threw one of his mechanics and he seem's alright,

medwin, that wouldnt happen to be luke would it?

worked
18th August 2009, 12:53 AM
LOL @ Boost.... If the 'dude' I was inadvertently privileged enough to have listened to whilst in Launceston with Justin and his cousin the other week is any indication of the workforce at boost, there's no way I'd take even my wheel barrow there. LOL At never hearing someone dribble so much shit in all my life, if only i'd have recorded the defence he presented when I dropped a comment about sherrif's ability (or lack of...) Funny shit! Anyhow, back on topic I suppose.... I thought it was ready to drop in and plug and play? What's to rewire?!

brad has actually built some of the most mental cars i've seen including that 400rwkw 20b rx7
i've never got along with him at all but he does excellent work, he's regularly consulted by v8 supercar teams and has trained one of the best apprentices in the state.
but yeh, talking to someone who probably fits tyres there is a great way to find out the level of work they do....

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
18th August 2009, 09:18 AM
medwin, that wouldnt happen to be luke would it?I wouldnt know what his name was, i'd hesitate a guess that neither did he!?:peek:

brad has actually built some of the most mental cars i've seen including that 400rwkw 20b rx7
i've never got along with him at all but he does excellent work, he's regularly consulted by v8 supercar teams and has trained one of the best apprentices in the state.
but yeh, talking to someone who probably fits tyres there is a great way to find out the level of work they do....Which RX7 you talking about Ed? Not Swainy's im assuming, because that certainly wasnt built by sherrif.... V8 Supercar teams? :S Think someone may have been having you on there too. Dont know what the dude I wasted 3 minutes of my life listening to actually did there, but he certainly didnt do very well in selling me Boost's services... For the record, my opinion (theres that dirty word again...) is based off seeing first hand what sherrif can (or rather cant) do, have had numerous mate's cars come home (if they're lucky enough to make it that far) and not be half as good as when they went up there...

spoz
18th August 2009, 05:36 PM
i dont realy think people should be slandeing anyone, specialy when you dont know who is reading it and if its getting back to people that work there......
some people have good experiences like my self some have bad, Im happy with everything they have done. and i know its been done properly and done right the first time. and if it isnt and somthing goes wrong i know i can take it back he he wil fix it.

10000rpm
18th August 2009, 07:01 PM
Hi spoz..

What happened to the cartons of beer for installation.???..enough people on here with the skills to have done the job....

And probably would have it finished by now instead of being pushed about...

Was your choice I guess...

As a business owner you would also know that first impressions count.

regards

scott

spoz
18th August 2009, 08:34 PM
yeah first impressions take 30 seconds to be made and 1 hour to be changed , dont knoww here i heard that.
yeah well the beer was offerd , but im thinking if i get somone els to put it in and somthing goes balls up then i can take it back and make them fix it. :s
hope ur well scott

worked
18th August 2009, 08:59 PM
I wouldnt know what his name was, i'd hesitate a guess that neither did he!?:peek:
Which RX7 you talking about Ed? Not Swainy's im assuming, because that certainly wasnt built by sherrif.... V8 Supercar teams? :S Think someone may have been having you on there too. Dont know what the dude I wasted 3 minutes of my life listening to actually did there, but he certainly didnt do very well in selling me Boost's services... For the record, my opinion (theres that dirty word again...) is based off seeing first hand what sherrif can (or rather cant) do, have had numerous mate's cars come home (if they're lucky enough to make it that far) and not be half as good as when they went up there...

*sherriff did his work placement at my old mans workshop, he and my dad are good mates, i don't like him (either of them actually) but i know what he gets up to.
*no one is having me on with the supercar thing, he's helped them before, might of only been a bit of input, but it's his opinion they sought while down here. he won apprentice of the year in aus then spent alot of time working for avo turboworld, his ties within certain supercar mechanics lie there
*the rx7 is a series 5 with a 20b in it, featured in zoom and something else a while back, hunt around on the net and you should find a bit about it.
*what were your mates cars and what happened? poor workmanship??

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
18th August 2009, 09:20 PM
you dont know who is reading it and if its getting back to people that work there......and if it isnt and somthing goes wrong i know i can take it back he he wil fix it.
I couldnt care less if it got back to this tool, I said it to his face at the time :hehe: swear I was cleaning my ears of his shit for weeks.... :unseen: Well, just make sure you look over the waiver you apparently have to sign there, you may not have a leg to stand on... hey scotty?! :right:

*sherriff did his work placement at my old mans workshop, he and my dad are good mates, i don't like him (either of them actually) but i know what he gets up to.
*no one is having me on with the supercar thing, he's helped them before, might of only been a bit of input, but it's his opinion they sought while down here. he won apprentice of the year in aus then spent alot of time working for avo turboworld, his ties within certain supercar mechanics lie there
*the rx7 is a series 5 with a 20b in it, featured in zoom and something else a while back, hunt around on the net and you should find a bit about it.
*what were your mates cars and what happened? poor workmanship??You're a man of very surprising ties ed! :cool: Had 3x mates that I can think of who's cars been left sitting on the dyno requiring pushing off, another 2x came home running worse (only had tuning done) than they were when went up there. Both been to Hobart to be fixed and made the world of difference. :thumbup:

Cerby86
18th August 2009, 10:03 PM
The other rule with business is a happy customer will tell 3 people but an unhappy customer will tell 15 people.
So you might be hearing heaps about a business being shit when actually they are good most of the time.
I fail to see how anyone could take a car and ruin it to the point where it is impossible to start or run but then on the other hand manage to tune other cars quite happily, unless there are underlying problems with the cars.

Edit: Of course I should mention I've never dealt with the man or his business :P

worked
18th August 2009, 10:19 PM
cerby is right
i'm very much not a fan of the business and wouldn't take anything of mine there, but i don't think that should be a deterrent for others on here
yes cars pop on the dyno, it happens everywhere, yes some mechanics overlook problems that others find straight away, thats modified cars for you, i'm just a firm believer in not slagging off business's and other people on forums unless they have the chance to defend themselves, especially when the judgement is made on very few instances and very little research

flat out
19th August 2009, 12:49 AM
pretty sure i'v herd of quite a few motors being popped on the CAT dyno in summerset :p
different kettle of fish maybe. but you get the same idea

nichy
19th August 2009, 08:02 PM
someone has had a bad experiance somewhere.... there is not one place that someone wont have something bad to say about it...

people stuff up some times or do thing different to how you might do it /want it done.