PDA

View Full Version : Stock84 corona

84rona
20th August 2013, 09:09 PM
Well i have a 84 corona st141 got high hopes for this little pig respraying the horrid original red to somethin a lil nicer some deep dish wheels few other things but im really stuck in the mods department lol. Anyways i wanna know if anyone can tell me if a non turbo sr20de will go into it without many problems, if there are are they gonna cost $$
Also what box can i put in? Heard one out of a old celica may go in wothout any troulble same as the diff any info would be sick

troublesome_7
22nd August 2013, 06:47 PM
Hey mate

W55,w57 should go in, not sure on the 58, it might need modification to fit, But they are pretty much all the same shit.

You want a ra60 celica diff. straight bolt in, use manual tailshaft from ra60.

Sr20 will require mods, engine mounts, then depending on gearbox, you might need bellhousing to suit, tail shaft etc.. Try keep it toyota, then all you have to do is make an adapter plate to suit the W series Gbox to the sr20.

3sge beams black top is a straight bolt in, and 210hp stock from factory I don't know why you would wan't to opt for anything else really ;)

84rona
22nd August 2013, 10:38 PM
Wow! Thanks man :) definitely the answers i was lookin for !

Im lovin the 3sge ! Watched a few videos looks awesome! So with that motor and the celica diff what would be best fit for gear box im gonna take a guess that the stock 5speed aint gonna last long at all.. Lol.
Also brakes.. Gonna need to stop this bitch lol . Any sugestions?
Bit of a noob to this, only ever owned and played with commodores haha. Got this thing cheap as $450 with 4 months rego owned by an old bloke since new !

84rona
22nd August 2013, 10:41 PM

troublesome_7
23rd August 2013, 02:05 AM
Lol!

That cheap 5 speed just might be a W55 my friend lol! Toyota gearboxes are great! The corona 4 speed back in the day was legendary! I know people who have cracked 11 second passes with them!

Again ra60 or ma61 are a straight bolt in, as are the struts. You can get LCA's, tie rods etc from ra60/65 and sa63. A lot of stuff is interchangeable with each other. Ma61 front seats also ;)

Any W series gearbox will hold up. You can fit the beams 6 spd with little modification, I think all you need is the 2s gearbox mount but can't confirm, If any you might have to shorten the extension housing or just cut a hole out of the tunnel..

I had a 2sc in my old ride
weber, extractors exhaust, koni's up front custom spring rates and locked diff. Was good for 80km/h drifts in the wet, with a bit of inertia as such lol ;)

3sge ftw!

84rona
23rd August 2013, 09:03 PM
That would be handy! I cant check atm but its got the whole push down to go into reverse up near 1st? Is that any help in knowin what it would be?
Aw fuck yeah that makes my life a hell of a lot easier knowin i can interchange bits :) gonna be looking into it soon, getting the ideas all down n finding out money wise, originally was gonna keep it as the daily but leaning towards a little drift machine i can set up nice n cheap, take it too meets n stuff :)

I think the plan is gonna be the beams blacktop and box to match, have a few mates able weld up any mounts n shit so should all run pretty smooth with the ma61 brakes and celica diff , superlow springs. This is gonna be awesome! Cannot wait for this shit!
Aw sick! Lol any pics or videos? :)

Pidgey
23rd August 2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah that box is a BorgWarner. Scrap dat sheeiiitt.
I'll have a W55 for sale next week if you're interested. With 2SC bellhousing.

BEAMS does indeed bolt in, uses 2SC bellhousing. There is some trickery with converting the dual mass flywheel and which starter to use and using a dual row spigot bearing. There's a thread on here in the tech section that will help you out.

I'd recommend focusing on the handling side of things first though.
Depending on your budget you can set up a funky and fun handling Corona from 500-3000.
Cheapest would be
Cut Falcon springs all round. ~6kg depending on height.
KYB or similar shock inserts for the front
Suzuki sierra or Hilux shocks for the rear (I run Hilux, feels super for free shocks)
R31 skyline rear swaybar, although you will have to make up some end links (not hard at all and totally transforms the rear end)
Lock the standard diff.

Aside from the front shocks you could do all of this for free, and it actually doesn't feel bad at all.
Do all of this then drive the fuck out of it. Seat time > build time.

84rona
24th August 2013, 09:53 AM
Ah thought that was gonna be shit haha feels horrible and needs to go soon !
Ah id love to just dont have the funds yet, mAy hit you up in a while though, whats it worth?

Ah alrighty then, sounds like a fun thing to do ill have to find that thread and have a good read :) thanks!

I have been thinking about this option, just going handling mods for a while, seems to be the cheaper easier option , and can be done cheap have a decent budget, or will do soonish (starting a awesome job soon) so most likely do this cheaper mods now get learning n practicing in something simple, then do the conversion and really have some fun!
Thanks for all the info guys! New wheels shocks mirrors and gonna put vinyl on the bonnet cause its faded and chipped atm. All in the next few weeks :)
Gonna keep it as the daily for a bit aswell.

joeschmo_57
30th August 2013, 01:39 PM
This would look awesome on some gold centred SSR mk3's !

troublesome_7
30th August 2013, 07:42 PM
Sounds like you have some for sale?

84rona
13th October 2013, 07:49 PM
Need some ideas to lower this beast ? What springs and shocks?

84rona
21st October 2013, 07:36 PM
Buffed the beast on the weekend and gave it a good ole service, painted the steeliies, booked in thursday for exhaust and lowering :) stereo in aswell :) chasing a set of wheels any ideas on what will fit? After that time to do some suspension work :) get this bitch sliding! Lol

84rona
21st October 2013, 07:37 PM

Konakid
22nd October 2013, 01:07 AM
shoot AJPS en email mate he sorted out both my coronas

84rona
30th October 2013, 05:43 PM
Hit a roo in the beast on the weekend :( delaying the project..need new bonnet grille and right hand mirror, anyone wrecking one?

Beau
6th November 2013, 10:50 PM
wanna sell it?

84rona
6th November 2013, 10:54 PM
Gettin my full licence 6 months from now, no restrictions! n buying a rx7, this thing will be in the shed gettin set up to slide , cheap beast to take to a track n try out. So na not just yet. Will post up here if i do end up wantin to

wadem8
13th November 2013, 06:40 PM
Love good cheap buys, looks tidy, looking foreword to skids

84rona
13th November 2013, 10:09 PM
400 with rego and regularly serviced, couldnt go wrong haha hasnt failed me yet, cannot wait to set it up and get it out :) will be alotta fun!