PDA

View Full Version : anybody know this car?panda ae86!

harris104
12th September 2013, 09:11 PM
anybody know this car? 1DKT 133

it would be nice to have some history on it?previous owners etc?

Mirko
12th September 2013, 09:40 PM
I take it it's for sale and ur looking to but?

Mirko
12th September 2013, 09:41 PM
Meant buy dam auto correct

harris104
12th September 2013, 10:54 PM
its not for sale...i bought it!

id just like to know a few things.the last owner didnt know much about the history.. all i know is the car came from over east as it has modification plates from queensland..somebody must know a few bits in pieces about it!

drift kid
12th September 2013, 11:21 PM
It looks to be a toyota of some description

Nikkojoe
13th September 2013, 02:35 AM
Never seen it before but I guess the plate being 1DK**** it would have been first rego'ed in WA in mid-late 2010.

Maybe see if anyone knows from the QLD section?

Big T
13th September 2013, 07:06 AM
Has the engine bay wiring been relocated inside the cabin? Should also have a red? Autotechnica drivers seat and a worn out nardi. If so, I know the car.

harris104
13th September 2013, 12:18 PM
Has the engine bay wiring been relocated inside the cabin? Should also have a red? Autotechnica drivers seat and a worn out nardi. If so, I know the car.

Yeah it has... i only have the car a month... im in the middle of tidying the whole car up...

I especially want to know who done the wiring..paint job...etc.

If you know anything about the car..its history etc... dont hesitate to tell me anything... i dont mind..

Big T
13th September 2013, 06:56 PM
I know the car well. This used to be my cousin's car. He bought it in around 2007-2008 and had it for around 2 years. Bought from a guy in Qld. The panda paint was already on it when he bought it, I think the original colour was gold. Used to have a full zenki front end until I upgraded it to a kouki front for a b'day present. It was missing a trim piece off one of the rear quarter glass and used to have a Momo steering wheel until it was broken into and stolen, hence the dirty Nardi that is on it now (was a spare I had lying around.)

The car was very very clean when purchased with no rust and had custom pedders suspension that was setup by Matt someone who was a well known drifter. Jap T-series with a 2 way KAZZ centre as well. Handling was awesome with a very progressive slide so you knew exactly what the car would do. 2 of the konig rewind rims should have fair gutter rash from scraping a kerb. The wiring was done by my cousin but it was done over 6 months while the car was off the road so the end result was probably not the best. Mechanically it was always looked after well as he was a certified mechanic. We had to do a headgasket at one point and reshimmed it at the same time with bigport cams and new head bolts.

If you are looking to rewire the car, I would suggest getting a clean loom and starting again from scratch. I have no idea what he did to the loom but he did mention some savage butchering. Funnily enough, despite wiring it over 6 months, it started first turn. Only thing that was forgotten was wiring in the alternator so it ran the battery flat but that was soon fixed. It should have a remote start switch as well. The key only turns on ignition/unlocks the steering lock and the remote switch makes the starter kick.

I have no idea who bought it off my cousin so don't know anything about the recent history of it. If you have any specific questions, fire away.

Eddie.

harris104
13th September 2013, 10:33 PM
I know the car well. This used to be my cousin's car. He bought it in around 2007-2008 and had it for around 2 years. Bought from a guy in Qld. The panda paint was already on it when he bought it, I think the original colour was gold. Used to have a full zenki front end until I upgraded it to a kouki front for a b'day present. It was missing a trim piece off one of the rear quarter glass and used to have a Momo steering wheel until it was broken into and stolen, hence the dirty Nardi that is on it now (was a spare I had lying around.)

The car was very very clean when purchased with no rust and had custom pedders suspension that was setup by Matt someone who was a well known drifter. Jap T-series with a 2 way KAZZ centre as well. Handling was awesome with a very progressive slide so you knew exactly what the car would do. 2 of the konig rewind rims should have fair gutter rash from scraping a kerb. The wiring was done by my cousin but it was done over 6 months while the car was off the road so the end result was probably not the best. Mechanically it was always looked after well as he was a certified mechanic. We had to do a headgasket at one point and reshimmed it at the same time with bigport cams and new head bolts.

If you are looking to rewire the car, I would suggest getting a clean loom and starting again from scratch. I have no idea what he did to the loom but he did mention some savage butchering. Funnily enough, despite wiring it over 6 months, it started first turn. Only thing that was forgotten was wiring in the alternator so it ran the battery flat but that was soon fixed. It should have a remote start switch as well. The key only turns on ignition/unlocks the steering lock and the remote switch makes the starter kick.

I have no idea who bought it off my cousin so don't know anything about the recent history of it. If you have any specific questions, fire away.

Eddie.

awsome man thanks for that...

the engine is still running good in it...backfires a bit...haha.. there seems to be 32, 000 on the clock...the nardi wheel was still on it but i swapped it!!
that corner piece on the rear window is still missing.. it had an old k&n air filter...which i swapped out for a new one...the seats are looking fairly rough now...the whole interior is!!it doesnt sound like much has changed since ur cousin had it though.the wiring is killing me...its very finicky...it seems like when i fix 1 problem...another one comes up...il sort it all now...the body on her is still pretty mint..theres 2 rust spots...one on the rear quater glass..and another under the window of the booth.. im a fabricator by trade though so il chop it out and tig weld in a new bit..it wont even be seen because its under the trim.the pedders are still in the rear... but im not sure what wats in the front...its much higher then the rear anyway...and i have a set of t3 camber tops on her...kaaz 2 way is still in her... id love to know what happend to the kouki front..it has a zenki one now with no lip..the konigs are in good nick...only seems to b scuffs on two or 3 rips from curbs..and theres no remote start anymore...so it was hasnt changed much in the last few years...

the night i bought the car a few weeks ago..it was actually broken into..somebody broke into our house...stole the car keys and the housemates and tried to start the car but for some reason it wouldnt...i thank your cousin for the dodgy wiring for that one!!..the housemates ripcurl xr6 wasnt so lucky....

i have big plans for the car... its going to be sweet as a nut by the time I'm finished with her... going to sort out all the little problems!!

heres a few pics for u dude and your cousin..

sorry i dont know how to make the pics larger??

do you know if any member on here or any other forum has owned the car?

Big T
13th September 2013, 11:15 PM
The guy he bought it off went by the forum handle "dodgy haro" I don't know if he's still around. He was fairly active on the old toymods forums as that's where I managed to source the car originally. That was a fair while ago.

harris104
13th September 2013, 11:18 PM
cool eddie...nice one dude

Big T
13th September 2013, 11:34 PM
Mind me asking how much you paid for the car? Pm if u prefer.