PDA

View Full Version : Gregs RN105 Hilux - v8

Grega
18th September 2013, 11:32 PM
All, Hi, new here, lurked around most Toyota places for some time, built a few 4AGEs over the years, in a TA22 and in an AE92 (to replace the 4AFC)

I have an RN105 Hilux now....the 22R was very uninspiring so now looks like this

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/7/3/8/9/514489.jpg

Most of the conversion uses Marks4WD bits, but theres been some custom work along the way.

Happy to fend off any questions/happy to help others

Matt
19th September 2013, 04:52 PM
That would tow like a freight train... Nice one

Grega
19th September 2013, 08:07 PM
yes....still has the 4.88 gears - effortless grunt from the holden cast iron POS :D
had to take it out to sort a clutch issues, all being well back in this weekend

Matt
20th September 2013, 10:41 AM
My hilux has the vn v6 in it, and it sucks through the petrol like a new born cow.

Funnily I also had a clutch issue where the slave cyclinder shat itself.. I replaced it but it sits at a poor angle, which i'm sure a spacer of some sort would fix, but probably a common issue with the commodore conversion.

Grega
21st September 2013, 11:14 AM
....yep.....make sure that your diff gears are closer to the factory 3.08 that was in the commodores.....also make sure if its auto that the ECU is getting the speed signal ... the factory vn memcals were shit on lean cruise you can have that amended and the economy improves 100%.

re: teh slave - marks tell me you need to 'shim' the slave so it sits at the correct angle - it seems when the bellhousing is machined for the slave its not done at the correct angle hence the need to shim it. this is not an uncommon problem sadly.

Matt
22nd September 2013, 12:11 PM
I'll be removing and slave and fixing properly soon. I do like the 4.x diff gear ratio as in 2wd mode it feels like the front tyres are lifting when I really get stuck into it

Grega
22nd September 2013, 03:06 PM
go a concetric release bearing on the shaft outer of the box......that would be the ultimate way to go :)

yet to experience 4.88s in the thick of it with the v8.....just got my clutch issue sorted i think so full steam ahead :D

Grega
22nd September 2013, 03:10 PM
here is the ail of my woes.....the little spacer (read bolt) on the back of the pivot bolt - which fixes the clutch fork geometry to be correct....and provides a nice soft clutch pedal. well hopefully anyway
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/7/3/8/9/514586.jpg