PDA

View Full Version : MkIII Offset?

Zane k
23rd October 2013, 08:10 PM
Okay so I've got a pair of mk3's and they are 14x6.5 +19 (B Type). I'm getting them widened to 9'. Could anyone on here be able to tell me they rough offset they will end up being? Thanks.

johl
24th October 2013, 04:56 AM
just measure from where the wheel face mounts to the hub, from that surface to the inside lip ( the side of the wheel closest to the suspension) for this example sake lets say you get 3 inches. you will be widening them to 9 inches wide, therefor adding 6 inches past the hub. zero offset would have 4.5 inches each side of the hub, but we started with a measurement of 3 inches of back space so find out the difference between zero and where the hub actually sits and that is your offset. in this case it will be 1.5inches or what ever that is in mm.

this took a little while to type and surely you could have just googled it or thought about it for 3 to 7 minutes and came up with a solution

dove grey 64
24th October 2013, 09:57 AM
Neg 15 roughly at a guess. That's if your getting the outers made.
If your doing both inners and outers then offset will be whatever you want obviously

Zane k
24th October 2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks geoff that's what I was after.

dove grey 64
24th October 2013, 03:11 PM
You can work it out quite accurately if you plot it out on paper. Mark out 6.5", half that then plus 19. Mark 9" wide over that adding the extra width to the outside then half that and measure back from the center to the hub mount.

luke__
29th January 2014, 06:54 PM
Where did you get your wheels done? Got any pics?