PDA

View Full Version : Toyota 86 - 2014 Upgrades

Matt
2nd November 2013, 05:12 PM
A little more than a year on, the changes to the Toyota 86 have only been minor, and it looks like the trend will be continuing into 2014.

The 86 Tada edition features the following upgrades...

18" bbs alloy rims
Revised rear damper settings
Better handling
Dunlop Direzza Tyres

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/515488.jpg

There are no changes as yet to the engine, but there are plenty of rumours floating around that a FA25 is well and truly in development stages and is expected to make an appearance in the Toytoa 86 sometime soon.

Whilst allot of the car community criticises the engine choice and somewhat mediorce performance, the engineers at Toyota are still celebrating its phenominal success world wide. A large propotion of owners are in the 20-30 age bracket, though it is still proving to be a popular mid life crisis car too with sales between the 45-55 age group.

Time will tell what happens, but this is the latest announcement to be made to the media group within Australia.

dove grey 64
2nd November 2013, 06:04 PM
*thumbs up*
Wheels are still meh though. By not changing the engine yet depreciation will stay the same so thats good for people that bought the first gen.

Matt
2nd November 2013, 07:49 PM
Wheels are a personal choice... people will always change them anyhow so IMO they don't really matter

R&D Mechanical
3rd November 2013, 01:25 AM
Stuff you would always change anyway so you're better off getting the first gen haha. What's with all the poor wheels they make? They look awfull!

2.5L will be out soon maybe for the face lift model

AJPS
3rd November 2013, 10:21 AM
wheels look a *touch* better than the current options

but as said above, still shit

i dunno about a 2.5...more weight, less revs, still wont be that quick, will add $$$

makes it in eligible for UL classes

marvis
23rd November 2013, 01:12 AM
I agree.

Jimmee1990
23rd November 2013, 10:39 AM
2.5L wouldn't be more weight, all the EJ20 and 25's use the same casting and are the same external dimensions and being Subaru I would say they would do the same with the FA series. I would also say they would increase the bore more so than the stroke for more capacity, again much the same as the EJ series.

Vance
23rd November 2013, 11:51 AM
they can only bore the FA20 to get an extra ~0.2L. they can only stroke it to get an extra ~0.2L. they WILL have to bore and stroke it to get 0.5L extra capacity and it will be pushing it to get the same external dimensions. i am quite sure they will have a completely new block to be able to get the 2.5L safely and reliably.

personally i am hoping all they do is facelift it and that is all. it will save me thousands in the future if they make a 2.5L version. i dont want to have to buy a brand new engine to modify for FI and swap in....