PDA

View Full Version : [VIC] 1967 MS47 Toyota Crown Wagon

silverra23
3rd December 2013, 10:55 AM
1967 MS47 Toyota Crown Wagon For Sale

Not an 86 or Ksev... but someone might like a cool old cruiser!

As is my way, once a project reaches completion, I am done with it and looking for the next car to play with. So it is with my Crown wagon.

Details are:

1967 Toyota Crown Wagon
2M engine
2 speed Toyoglide auto
New front tyres
Near new rear tyres
New 15” white wall flappers
New Starburst Hubcaps
Retrimmed seats
New plush pile carpet and underlay
New seat belts
Reconditioned Radiator
New thermostat
New top and bottom radiator hoses
New fender mirrors from Japan
New coil, leads and spark plugs
New battery
New brake master cylinder
Rekitted wheel cylinders all round
New rear muffler and exhaust pipe
3” lowering blocks in the rear
KFFL59 King front springs, one coil removed
Front mesh sunvisor
98% rust free which is amazing given its age
Everything works, including the electric rear window

Her story is this:

Around 1982, Don of Burwood acquired the car from its original owner, with the engine in pieces, all for the price of $200 to cover the new tyres it was wearing at the time. He reassembled the engine, only to find the oil pressure light on. Some what disheartened he parked it in his shed, where it didn’t see the light of day again until 2012. Based on some receipts I received when I visited Don, I would say the car has done just over 100,000km

In 2012 he decided to give it to the RACV’s Cars for Kids charity that auctions old cars. Centre Rd Wreckers bought it and stuck it in their yard, where it began to be ravaged by Crown parts hunters.

I heard about it and eventually went and saved it. It has spent the last 18 months in my shed slowly being pieced back together and tidied up with all the new things listed above.

The engine fault turned out to be an assembly problem, and was fixed within 5 minutes of having the sump off. It drives very well (if rather slowly) and got plenty of attention on the freeway on the weekend – lots of toots and thumbs up from passing motorists.

It has lots of great features from its past – it still has its 1982 rego sticker and Vicroads still has it in their database. The key tag shows its membership in the RACV for 1979.

My goal was to do a rat style Crown wagon and show it at Classic Japan, and I have now ticked that box. Shed space is at a premium so I would rather this went to someone who really wants a Crown wagon and can look after it, rather than be weather effected at my house.

That said I am not going to give it away!

Her faults are few:

• Driver side sill has a ding from the forklift at Centre Rd Wreckers
• Bonnet had been rusty and was badly patched 30 years ago - still like that now (patina!)
• Dash board is warped and cracked – hence the Rising Sun flag dash cover (not included in the sale of the car)
• Various scratches, chips, marks etc in the paint from being used and left in a shed for so long (more patina!)
• Radio not connected (Currently has a mini amp and esky speaker ipod set up which won’t be sold with the car)
• Some tiny dots of rust in one of the doors (I forget which)
• Some surface rust in the roof rails

Spares that I will sell with the car (assuming the price is right!)

• Brand new windscreen and front windscreen rubber
• Various second hand stainless trims
• Spare set of bumpers (rusty but could be repaired)
• Tow bar
• Original 13” wheels and hub caps
• Original front springs
• All the owners manuals, repair manuals, parts manuals and the like which Don had kept for all these years
• Drivers window weather shield
• Bucket of other bits and pieces – headlights, surrounds, electrics, etc etc.

Not sold with the car will be
• Mini amp and esky stereo set up
• Roof rack and eskies
• Rising sun flag

Price $7500 ono

Location Eltham North VIC

If you would like to know more, please contact Adam on 0413 001 666 or email adamlaws1974@bigpond.com

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-q9PufTGWAvM/UpveE2spFwI/AAAAAAAAlpY/mlgujxyJpNQ/s800/IMG_4201.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Mp70VMiOvmM/UpveLrvug3I/AAAAAAAAlpg/TOSE-ty_WBc/s800/IMG_4203.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sp20Rh8AcWk/UpsIfNvBNdI/AAAAAAAAlpk/vhRRcOua2VQ/s800/IMG_4205.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-aef5ErUgO5c/UpveVUMsydI/AAAAAAAAlps/TrLMthnsLRs/s800/IMG_4206.JPG