PDA

View Full Version : DIY 4-wheel alignment (stringless)

GeeEss
4th December 2013, 02:20 PM
Hi there. . .

I would like to be able to do my own wheel alignments with the least hassle possible (i.e. without setting up a level surface, parallel strings etc.

I was considering this Front End Toe-In & Camber Laser Aligner < http://www.trackace.co.uk/ > but AFAIK it's only good for front end alignment and I want to be able to do all 4 wheels. (Company literature said they were going to bring out a rear-wheel add-on unit last year but they never did).

Can anyone confirm that the Front alignment needs to be referenced off the rears; i.e. that I can't just set rear wheel toe-in with a toe-in bar & camber gauge & THEN use above equipment for front end?

Regards G

LittleRedSpirit
5th December 2013, 10:49 AM
I cannot fathom how this could be done without a level surface. There is no easy answer, hire an expert.

Matt
5th December 2013, 11:07 AM
agree above...

time vs money on this

marvis
5th December 2013, 02:06 PM
LASERS BITCH

dove grey 64
5th December 2013, 03:11 PM
Camber adjustment on rear end? What cars are we talking about here

Jimmee1990
14th December 2013, 12:10 PM
You would have to reference the front off the rear and vice versa, otherwise you could have both front wheels parallel but both facing off to one side. And I don't see why you would bother aligning everything if you weren't on level ground as the alignment of pretty much every single car will change under suspension movement which there will be if the car isn't sitting level. Professional motorsports alignments (not at your local tyre shop) don't even cost that much anyway.