PDA

View Full Version : Steve's keto madness

driftkid23
16th December 2013, 07:37 PM
So a little under a year ago I bought this fine piece of machinery with the intentions of making it a really cheap track car just to learn in! When I got the car it had a snapped lower ball joint of which obviously needed to be fixed! But it came with a new lca and a strut as well so I just changed it when we got it home!

The car was also missing reverse so I had to get another t50 which are way over priced now days for what they are! And then I began thinking what mods could I do if I just ripped the engine out and done the gearbox and engine in one hit!

after spending a decent amount of money on the gearbox and a new heavy duty clutch, lightweight flywheel and such I realised I needed to do some more mods otherwise ill only be able to do skids pretty much in the wet because a 16v 4age isn't the most powerful of motors .
So I decided to go full out and rebuild this car from ground up!
I started buying useless crap left right and centre, spending everthing I earned (apprentice mechanic so it's not too hard to spend all that you earn).
and then everyhting came to a hault because I started going out with some sluz and it ruined my mind set on this car so the fruit box just sat in the shed for months on end gathering dust!

At the end of December I decided I needed it going because I was going crazy without having a drift car!
I bought a w55 box and got a bellhousing to convert it to fit the 4age, due to my intentions towards doing a 4agte build would surely break the t50!
After a very long process of gathering parts I wouldn't actually use in the future of that present moment, I decided to price up my engine build for forged pistons and all the bells and whistles. After seeing the price of that and seeing how much reliable power I would actually make it saddened me, I was hoping to find an easy 220-250kws but to get that it would cost me so much out of a 4age!

That's the moment I decided to go sr.

Haha3017930180301813018230183301843018530186

driftkid23
16th December 2013, 07:41 PM
Ok so pretty much a lot has gone on in the last year of this car, and to get a bit of your attention ill just do a quick spoiler and post a picture of what the car was like a few days ago seeing as I'm painting it at this moment in time!And here's a quick spec list of the engine and what I am running in it! Nothing too special!Rebuilt sr20det red top50 thou oversized pistonshks25/35Screamergktech rasFmic550cc nismo injectorsZ32 afmLow mount spaghetti manifold NistuneI'm sure there are a couple of little things I've forgotten. I'm just trying to catch up this build thread to the present time so it's easier for me to post current pictures of the car instead of going through the last year of photos and trying to remember what I've done!it's all a bit scattered at the moment because I'm trying to find all the pictures of when I first got it but of you have any questions feel free to ask!

here's a video of my 3rd time out in it https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=767428216607318&l=8805135778425811628

luke04
17th December 2013, 09:27 PM
Where are your sentences ya goob!

im surprised this isnt popular, given the FB post ;) haha

drift kid
17th December 2013, 11:14 PM
Looks neat man!

boxhead1990
6th January 2014, 11:08 PM
Yay