PDA

View Full Version : where can we go and drift in melbourne

JDM_KING
5th January 2009, 01:04 PM
i want to go drifting but not 2 hours away,what happend to calder park drift nights?

shichi~
5th January 2009, 01:17 PM
street drift.

calder died so should bob jane. they dont want drifters wreckin the track znd there werent enuff people attending wed night drift prac so they canceled it

rthy
5th January 2009, 01:44 PM
is that drag tag place still around

hachirusto
5th January 2009, 03:19 PM
i had some guys come into work the other day that where building up a track car and they said that calder was reopening , dont know how true it is but I guess if it is that should be good

Water Boy
5th January 2009, 03:48 PM
is that drag tag place still around

Yeah i was woundering that too? I think its just a donut pad...

ae86
5th January 2009, 04:34 PM
drag tag closed not too long after calder plus wasnt using motorkhana part anymore for ages just the burnout pad / simulators for ur car, realisticly nowhere in melbourne... but a big rumour of a some bloke whos build 4wd/motorx tracks is building a track between werribee and melton, they said it wasnt being developed over christmas holidays cause of dry patch in the bank account at that time but if its true hopefully its done this year, think u can find a thread about it somewhere on nissansilvia.com

if not just hit an industrial.

matt99
5th January 2009, 04:54 PM
Street.

I also heard the rumour mentioned above about Calder possibly re-opening.
Anyone else hear about Club outrun starting to run a few days again? Any truth behind the claim?

marvis
5th January 2009, 06:55 PM
Hit the streets.

DRFTR86
5th January 2009, 07:54 PM
i heard of outrun opening up again saying that morwell hillclimb is gonna be the new spot for drift

rthy
6th January 2009, 02:45 AM
yea hillclimb is welcoming drifting to increase the sport apparently...
www.hillclimbracing.com

shichi~
6th January 2009, 04:08 PM
i just emailed sandown about hiring there car parks :D will post back on the reply

shift_rook
6th January 2009, 04:21 PM
street dori

ae86
6th January 2009, 05:23 PM
E7 and 86 street session meets ?

shift_rook
6th January 2009, 05:25 PM
i think it's gonna have ta happen, the only problem wityh that ids big groups attract a bit more attention

rthy
6th January 2009, 07:36 PM
not with poopoo laws these days, grp impound ftl

ae86
6th January 2009, 07:42 PM
last time cops rolled up they seen all of us sitting there cause one of us crashed, they musta been watching for a while, they jus asked wot happened cos 1 car plowed a small tree and was over the gutter n all that, they jus said that he will get a letter, no defects or nuffin every1 jus moved to a diff spot

JDM_KING
7th January 2009, 11:28 AM
i hope calder reopens that would be awesome and the new track between werribee and melton would be cool to. both are not far for me

ae86
7th January 2009, 11:41 AM
i emailed calder a fair few months ago, they said they had no intentions of re-opening it for drift, as they said it damages the track in a short amount of time.

JDM_KING
7th January 2009, 11:58 AM
thats bad man coz all the other tracks are 2 hours away in the bush

tricky_dan
7th January 2009, 01:39 PM
street it up dude :P

haha im actually quite surprised at the amount of encouragement there is for street drifting here!

keiichi
7th January 2009, 09:12 PM
i just emailed sandown about hiring there car parks :D will post back on the reply

sweet man... i hope theyll atleast consider it... gl :) if they say no, get a pertition going i.e. start a thread calling for all ppl that want to drift at sandown "sign" it and link it to them.

shift_rook
7th January 2009, 09:15 PM
nah there's no encouraging for anything illegal here haha. i can't wait till my cars done

ae86hachiroku
7th January 2009, 11:21 PM
If anyone discourages it, then your not a true drift enthusiast :P

JDM_KING
8th January 2009, 01:40 PM
i think thats a great idea boys

k.aaron
13th January 2009, 10:54 PM
Where do I sign!

I really wanna start smoking again ;)

shichi~
13th January 2009, 11:39 PM
still no reply :(

SuGEE_DrFFTR
1st February 2009, 01:43 PM
yeh some dude in near werribee is currently trying to make a drift track...

he runs rally training and stuff out there, he has insurance and all the legal side figured out apparently just needs to scrape a few bucks together for the surface.

sounds exciting tho :)

scrape
1st February 2009, 02:25 PM
hey just an idea jump on google earth and scan your area for mad drift roads, it has served me well

doony
1st February 2009, 09:31 PM
well if theres no tracks which allow it what can you expect?
i think its awesome!

keiichi
2nd February 2009, 12:38 AM
yeh some dude in near werribee is currently trying to make a drift track...

he runs rally training and stuff out there, he has insurance and all the legal side figured out apparently just needs to scrape a few bucks together for the surface.

sounds exciting tho :)

oh oh! i think i know the company - used to work on their rally cars occasionally. mental blank just forgot the name, but if its them it will be awesome.
*crosses fingures* :D

widebody86
3rd February 2009, 03:14 PM
i heard of outrun opening up again saying that morwell hillclimb is gonna be the new spot for drift

hey im from morwell and our hillclimb track in no longer, it got dug up as part of the coal mine but there is a new 1 in the yallourn hills and there is no chance of getin on there, they the same as calder sookin about wrecking there track

JDM_KING
3rd February 2009, 08:14 PM
there is no where but winton its bullshit man :verysad:

widebody86
4th February 2009, 01:32 PM
noo shit and winton is a fvckin huge drive for me and my mates

marlon
4th February 2009, 04:47 PM
IMO even though it may sound silly, the government should make one- just as they make skate parks to keep skaters of the streets

Clinton
4th February 2009, 04:47 PM
dandinong i know has a new track. sister got married up the top there and i check out the track, looks hot as a mofo.

pen15
4th February 2009, 06:51 PM
dandinong i know has a new track. sister got married up the top there and i check out the track, looks hot as a mofo.

well clint its no smasho lol is there any where near you like the nasho clint

Clinton
4th February 2009, 08:13 PM
everywhere is like the national park when you drive an AE86

pen15
5th February 2009, 03:08 PM
lol you'll lose your shit if you come to visit Steve is a nutbag in his 180 comes in the bottom of nasho at about 100kph in the dry you shat you pants with Benny in third gear this is even more insane

SuGEE_DrFFTR
6th February 2009, 06:47 PM
IMO even though it may sound silly, the government should make one- just as they make skate parks to keep skaters of the streets

i agree, whats more important? skater punks or grown up people in cars?

and whats more fun? :D

hachirusto
7th February 2009, 12:46 AM
give rob roy hill climb a call im pretty sure there interested in drifters to go there

ae86-13b
9th February 2009, 06:47 PM
i doubt calder will ever re open they have re done the 1/4mile and blocked off the last big turn. shattered street drifting for the win yo...............

Water Boy
10th February 2009, 08:21 PM
At the new Gippsland hillclimb dont enter saying your are a drifter. Just slid each corner hard. It says no where in the Cams manual that u cant power slid corners in a hill climb.