PDA

View Full Version : KE70 flat front 300+rwhp . Serious machine.

Adsport
12th January 2014, 01:09 PM
300+ rwhp KE70 For sale, $12,000.

I have an excel file with an accountable excess of $23,000 which has been genuinely spent on the car in PARTS alone.

The car itself is completely ridiculous and rock solid as a package. The custom designed and built motor has been going for over 3 years and has never missed a beat. 8000km on engine. Max boost is 22psi and max safe RPM limit of 9500RPM. I do not mistreat this engine or car, I treat it like it was my child. It makes reliable power and runs now as good as it did the first time it fired into life in Dec 2010. At 16psi with 4.1 diff resulted in 286hp at the wheels, it also has done a 12.3 @116mph in this trim, with coilovers. Retuned to max of 22psi on a private dyno (non shootout mode) with a 4.3 rear (last two years) it is MUCH quicker. 1/4 mile time pending.

Factory-like cold start, good fuel economy and a dream to drive for anybody off boost. Positive pressure at 2500rpm and full boost at 3900RPM, holds power all the way to redline without dropping off. It feels like it delivers power forever until you need to change gear, then you experience the wonder of it all over again at double the pace.

$12 000 is my asking price. This is cheap, this is a bargain, this is less than half of what it would cost you to build the car minus having a registered car. NO test driving unless I see evidence of cash, or a substantial deposit is made. Price is certainly reflective of it being an engine and driveline package.

The body is reasonably straight, it isn't perfect and images hide nothing. There is some SMALL rust where the rear right hand quarter panel seam is , and over the left rear tail light. Other than that the car is very solid. The main point of this car was its mediocre appearance, and this is also part of the whole experience of driving the vehicle as a sleeper on the street. I make no pretense of it being a perfect car and the price moreso reflects the engineering within the car, not the chassis itself.

Located in Perth CBD.

Modifications as follows:

Motor:
7 rib block, clearanced for rods and deburred.
42mm crank
ACL Race main bearings
ACL Race connecting rod bearings
SPOOL connecting rods
ARP main bolts
ARP connecting rod bolts
ROSS forged pistons (8.5:1 CR)
Cometic multi layer steel head gasket

Head:
Smallport head, matched and smoothed ports
HKS camshafts 264x8.35 IN/EX
HKS Duralium camshaft gears
HKS valve springs
-12AN breather welded to intake camshaft cover
ARP head studs
external oil drain (modified for return to sump, also baffled.)

Managagement:
Haltech Sprint 500 professionally tuned

Fuel:
Walbro 355 intake pump
Denso 550cc injectors
HKS fuel regulator

Ignition:
NCP Echo individual coils

Exhaust:
Kelway turbo manifold
44mm water cool series TIAL wastegate
GARRETT GT2876R turbo
2.5" separated system through to rear

Intake:
Custom aluminium inlet plenum
SW20 3SGE throttle body (60mm)
Custom made air box with 4" pod filter inside, custom air duct from front grille

Cooling:
Koyorad AE86 50mm radiator
Toyota genuine coolant
Handmade custom radiator shroud
SPAL 12" fan

Driveline:
232mm flywheel (4agze style)
Cusco bimetal puk clutch
Cusco clutch cover (pressure plate)
Niteparts bellhousing
W58 transmission (GA61 Celica)
GZ20 soarer shifter housing
Custom driveshaft

Differential:
Toyota RN60 Hilux diff housing
TRD clutch plate type JZA80 LSD
MX83 4.3:1 ring and pinion
modified driveshafts (to 4x114.3)
Spare Hilux LSD

Brakes:
S13 Silvia booster
R32 GTR master cylinder
REAR
S13 SR20det brake rotors
SW20 Turbo brake calipers
FRONT
Honda rotors
VR commodore calipers

Suspension:
BC BR coilovers front and rear
current rate 6/4.5kg
optional springs 8/6kg
Front strut brace
Whiteline adjustable rear swaybar
Large front swaybar, brand unknown.

Steering:
Car converted to GT Apex AE86 power steering system including crossmember, genuine lines, rack, arms and professionally modified column.

In car:
PIVOT 10 000RPM tacho
Blitz dual SBC
SW20 front seats
Greddy meters (oil temp/pressure, boost, water temp, EGT)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/6/523495.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/6/523496.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/6/523497.jpg

ae86
12th January 2014, 10:30 PM
neat car man well worth the dollars.

Adsport
13th January 2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks buddy. Hopefully I don't have to part this out. Many people are complaining it's "too expensive for a KE70" . The best thing about this car is that it's a KE70, but the downfall of the package is that it's in a KE70 and people only see what's on the outside.

AJPS
13th January 2014, 11:55 AM
assuming those figures are on 98 octane?

Adsport
13th January 2014, 12:09 PM
assuming those figures are on 98 octane?

Yes sir, it's a true street machine.

Also, this means there is loads left in the combo as far as power production goes if you were to use more "exotic" fuel. U98 is the widest available fuel here in W.A. still, we only have a few fuel stations that stock P100 and about the same that have E85. I have driven more than 350km on one tank of fuel that I can buy at pretty much any station.

AJPS
13th January 2014, 12:17 PM
awesome!

dove grey 64
13th January 2014, 06:36 PM
Awesome. Bet you'd have a few good sleeper stories to tell.

Adsport
13th January 2014, 07:50 PM
Haha indeed.

I actually took this to a large event out of Perth held by Antilag motorsport called Racewars, and finished 52 if I remember correctly out of 90 odd very high performance cars including Lambo's and dedicated drag cars. It really shocked a lot of people to see the thing chopping almost everything it went up against, including evo's, and lambo's.

There's lots of information and images if you wanted to do a search for it on the googlers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbAKECM_2F4&feature=c4-overview&list=UURzaphOSjz6QtSZDPrbwMZw

Periodically I will get somebody asking me about "this red corolla" they heard about directly or indirectly as their brother or mate had seen it or had a story to tell about it.

Live the legend!

Adsport
25th January 2014, 08:19 PM
Bumpaloola !