PDA

View Full Version : the firey journey

keto_luv
15th February 2014, 04:21 PM
hay guys have owned a few ke70s and never put up a build thread but was requested I put this one up

first a short story of my build I got my last ke70 just over 7-8 months ago and started her straight away had abit of rust to repair needed some interior bits but was a good start over those7-8months I slowly did all the work needed to get it painted

After changing my mind a few times i choose a colour Kawasaki green me and my dad painted her she looked amazing put the spirit wing on and kamei lip as well as my advan tri spokes finished her on the 30th jan 2014 at about 7:30

But then I got the worst phone call ever from my mum at 6:30am on the 31st of jan 2014 she was crying I could barley understand her she was telling me the shed was on fire my heart sank I told her I would be there soon the trip should take roughly 30 mins only took me 15 would have been quicker but got stuck behind the firetruck also on there way there doing 60ks in a 100k zone the sight when I pulled up was fucked to say the least the only shed door open was the entrance door I tried to see in past the flames and could see my car all stil fine I yelled for the fireis to hurry up but they didn't next thing I heard was my fuel tank burst and I watched my car burn to the ground after al that hard work and time I took less then 2 mins for my car to completely be destroyed.

I thought how can I be bothered to start again but posted on the e chasis page on facebook that I was looking for a new shell due to the fire the response was over whelming with in not even an hour I had ppl form all over offering me stuff I now have another shell a 4agze and heaps of other bits and pieces so this build thread was to show them I care for what they have done for me

Jake70
17th February 2014, 04:48 PM
it's great to see the community of corolla enthusiasts pulling together to help out one another. Sad to see the hard work put in ruined so quickly. But hopefully this goes from sad story to happy ending.
Good luck mate!

NetworkFart
18th February 2014, 09:50 PM
Man! I saw your post on E chassis! I would be a train wreck if that happened to me.

But, i'm glad you still stayed in the 'Rolla community.

drift kid
19th February 2014, 05:09 AM
Woah that sucks man, sad to hear but good to see some positivness come from the ashes ;)

Matt
19th February 2014, 03:58 PM
Pretty unlucky to have that happen... Most people in the community are good guys and will see u back on your feet again soon.

Jake70
19th February 2014, 04:43 PM
keyword; "Most"

keto_luv
23rd February 2014, 10:59 AM
Yer guys was a very sad day but like you have pointed out everyone has been very helpful just can't wait to have the new one all done motor is stripped down for rebuild waiting to hear when a guy can help me with rust repairs and fixing a dint then just need to source a t50 and a t series LSD or r31lsd