PDA

View Full Version : KE70 at the Island

ke70racecar
19th February 2014, 03:41 PM
Hi all, Well we've finally got it to the track and we entered the first round of the Vic Super Sprint series at Phillip Island the weekend before last. It was the first outing for both the car and my son.

The car went very well with really no problems at all. We need to back off the rear brakes so we are in the throws of installing a proportioning valve and the only other glitch was some ignition interference at about 6900 so we were limited to those revs which was a nuisance.

Having never driven there or anywhere else that matter we got down to 2.08s which was a pretty good effort I thought. There is a session on you tube if you are interested under phillip island super sprint 09/02/14 ke70 4age.

The car is a stock headed 4age freshened with new cams running a wolf ecu. It made 88 rwkw on the dyno, has a Nissan pintara wagon rear end 4.11 and stock t50 box.

We've ordered a front spoiler from AJPS and waiting for it too arrive. Next outing will be the 2nd round of the vic sprints at Sandown in April. Looking forward to it.

AJPS
19th February 2014, 05:38 PM
put a link to the video here! sounds good

ke70racecar
20th February 2014, 09:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Reqg947gmI8

joeschmo_57
11th March 2014, 01:07 AM
That's awesome. Do you have any build pictures.
What suspension are you running?

ke70racecar
12th March 2014, 08:29 PM
That's awesome. Do you have any build pictures.
What suspension are you running?

Hi, My son bought the car from SA as a partly built drift car. It came with the 4age, TRD coilovers and a body that was pop riveted everywhere. it still runs the coilovers, spring rate unknown, engine rebuilt, t50 gearbox and we've put in a Skyline Pintara rear diff 4.11 spool. Rear shock are Mercedes Koni's adjustable with king springs. Front brakes are Hoppers stoppers 290 mill and rear is VR commodore with Skyline redrilled discs. Cage, engine tune and anything else that needed to be done was by 4B Fabrications in Carrum Downs VIC. Here are a few pics for you. PS, we did our own flares as we didn't like the ones that we bought. A lot of work but they look ok.