PDA

View Full Version : radiator upgarde.

86TRD
29th June 2009, 10:37 PM
hey im going to be doing gze in my sprinter with in the next few months and was wondering what radiator to use , or will the stock one do?
any info much appreciated.
thanks,
luke.

ToySprinta
29th June 2009, 11:30 PM
I've just chucked one of those ebay ones in mine and it works a treat. Used to overheat heaps before.

Nikkojoe
30th June 2009, 01:20 AM
Hey ToySprinta, was it the 52mm alloy twincore one? Ive bought one of them, looks good although the fin density looks lower than the usual radiator (but the size of the core overpowers that factor). Yet to try it but if it works good for you then it gives me hope :)

yoshimitsu9
30th June 2009, 06:15 PM
hyundai excel radiator with twin thermos!

i unfortunately made the mistake of having found a mint, mint, mint hyundai accent radiator and bought it which cost me like $55 with the twin thermos still attached only having to find that it sits about 30mm higher than the radiator support and couldnt close my bonnet because of it. if you want to yank some thermo fans off a car to modify to fit anything you chuck in your car go with the accent thermos

Sprinter86
30th June 2009, 07:07 PM
Hyundai Excel works a treat, have one in my sprinter, im also planning to run one in my ae71. (i havent heard of any clearance issues yoshimitsu9, maybe you have a different model one?)

If you want super awesome(overkill for N/A IMO, boosted its ideal) cooling, you can get a camry V6 radiator, again this has twin thermos and is twin core, and takes little modification to fit.

I have yet to experience the ebay ones, but im sure they would be the best option, the excel and camry options are best bang for your buck though.

Hope this helps!

yoshimitsu9
30th June 2009, 08:06 PM
the accent one i got would have been out of a post 2000 accent. they have a 4g63 in them (dont think the older ones do), the bottom tanks hit the "chassis" and doesnt fit in nicely where my current kia radiator does (grouse radiator but has minor corrosion) so the radiator is too wide to fit in the standard position thus making it too high and not being able to close the bonnet. i spoke to a bloke i used to work with that used to build radiators and basically because of the plastic tanks it wasnt modifiable to make fit

doony
30th June 2009, 08:12 PM
ca18det
magna v6
and 3.8L commonwhore rad hoses

Sprinter86
30th June 2009, 08:17 PM
oooh ACCENT mah bad, fail at reading properly :P

EDIT: A hyundai with a 4G63?? wtf?

yoshimitsu9
30th June 2009, 09:13 PM
hyundai engines are outsourced mitsubishi engines or licenced from mitsubishi, well actually just about everything is outsourced, the 90's s coupes suspension was designed by porsche. supposedly they handle really well, but the way its designed supposedly its virtually impossible to modify to improve handling

brainstorm: 4g63t + s coupe = potentially fucking awsome

86TRD
1st July 2009, 06:00 AM
will go and talk to the local rad bloke about the excel and magna ones , any idea on what has to be done to make them fit?
thanks for the help,
luke.

dr1ft-pig
1st July 2009, 07:22 AM
hit jamie up at IMPORT AUTO PARTS

he does alloy twin core rads for about the 300 mark

buy one for a s13 ca18det

thats what i have