PDA

View Full Version : ae71 vl pump set-up. NEED HELP

Nic19
30th June 2009, 09:29 PM
i have just started installing my vl intank pump into my ae71 fuel tank, i need to know how far into the tank i should have the pump sitting. its lower than the original pick up position but still not at the bottom of the tank. i dont think its ideal to have it at the very bottom as it will suck up all the crap at the bottom but i want it low enough no to surge.
any help with this would be very grateful
cheers
nic

Simon-KE70
30th June 2009, 10:35 PM
as low as possible. there should be a filter on the pick up of the pump anyway to block the crap from being sucked up

Nic19
1st July 2009, 07:39 AM
yeh there is but didnt want that being clogged up all the ime. yeh its heaps lower than the original pickup so i think it should be right. will double check it tonight and then run the wiring.

FAST EDDIE
1st July 2009, 07:41 PM
generaly fuel tanks dont ahve alot of crap in them if they have been sealed?!!!

provar
1st July 2009, 08:02 PM
why are you not doing a surge tank set up?

Micknofx
1st July 2009, 08:10 PM
I ran my GE for ages with a VL pump and no modifications to the pickup - I never let the tank get emptier than 1/4 - 1/3 though. That said I'll be getting one of these (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7373) before my cars back on the road. I didn't want to have one of the taller generic ones as I needed the space in the car.

Nic19
1st July 2009, 09:43 PM
cos its a daily driver and i dont want noisy smelly pumps in the boot

ke70dave
1st July 2009, 09:50 PM
cos its a daily driver and i dont want noisy smelly pumps in the boot

you dont have to put them in the boot.

theres enough room to put it under the car, between the tank and the crossmemeber type thing. ive currently got a bosh external pump shoved under there, and will hopefully put my surge tank (600ml) and another pump under there this weekend.

its a very tight squeeze, but it fits.

but internal pump is a good idea.