PDA

View Full Version : XT130 Rona Wagon

yota
5th May 2014, 11:28 PM
Hey everyone, im new to ae86dc and this is my first car, my 82 xt130 corona wagon

I bought my corona around 8 months ago now for $1000 with a months rego and have been slowly putting money into it.
I bought it off a 92 year old lady who had owned it since new in 82, her and her husband drove it for 20 years until he passed away.
After that she was lucky to drive it to the shops once every few months with the last rego only having 30kms on it which was to the rego office and back.

Anyways getting to the point i bought it original and granny spec as fuck with the back seats never been sat on, all the factory brochures, colour charts, typewriter pricelists of all the toyota for sale at the time, receipts etc.

Its a 5 speed manual but unfortunately it has the toyota 1X/holden starfire engine -_-

Recently ive upgraded the old suspension and cut/shut the struts to accomodate for the KYB AGX short stroke shocks, welded on steel coilover sleeves, bought AJPS rca's and s13 HSD camber tops which i had to slightly shave the strut tower holes to fit.
Aswell as that ive got myself a set of MA61 wheels fairly cheap that ive put tyres on and am going to sandblast them and wet/dry and polish them to bring them back to their original beauty, I need another ma61 center cap if anyone has one to sell me?

What im doing next -

White Venetians on the rear windows to keep up the granny spec

Possibly fender mirrors (Still unsure)

Repainting it as its got a few parts peeling on the roof etc

Exhaust, carby, air filters etc

or would i be better off just putting money towards a 4age or 3sge conversion?

has anyone else owned a corona with a 1x in it, is it even worth putting money into, i still want to do the exhaust to make it sound a bit better but idk

where to go from there, what engine conversion would be most suitable?

this is the only photo i have on the computer im on at the moment but will be uploading more soon.

Anyway wouldnt mind seeing what other people think about it, cheers :)

Jimmee1990
5th May 2014, 11:34 PM
An 18r would be the easiest conversion I would think.

Javal
6th May 2014, 12:54 AM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/11128-Javals-XT130-Hate-machine-quot-Race-car-quot

Read. If it's been asked, it's in here. EDIT - Maybe skip to the end. There's a lot of shit in that thread.

You can buy my RT132 as a parts donor if you want. Everything you need for an 18R / W50 conversion and paves the way for an 18R-G to drop straight in. DON'T spend money on the starfire.