PDA

View Full Version : 4ac ke70.. NOW 4AGE

silva
6th May 2014, 12:58 AM
Here’s my 4ac ke70, well that was crap broken carbie, replaced it with a 32/36 carbie all was going good didn’t drive it for a few weeks drove it up the street and bang….. through carbie was broken rebuilt that the car was still running crap, checked the timing all was out, there was a big miss, changed the plug’s, leads, points, caps, checked dizzy, all was brand new,“ still BROKEN “

decided I was over it and was about to drive it into a wall… but hope came up and I found a cheap big port 4age for sale with loom, ecu, and all the shazz

drove 4 hours up north to go pick the up, and it was all good so that arvo few mates came over and we ripped the old shitty 4ac out,

so at the moment
my car sits on bricks on the street!
while a get the 4age ready to go in im mainly just gonna keep it stock using a cut and shut intake, trd copy extractors, vl fuel pump, because im using the fwd cooling im not sure if what rad to use,
something with thermos,

but that’s about it gonna try and put the 4age back in with in 2 weeks, then try and skid it :)

Matt
6th May 2014, 09:05 AM
AE71 radiator puts the inlet / outlet on the right side...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FULL-aluminum-alloy-radiator-toyota-Corolla-AE71-AE72-/251425255600?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a8a1cf0b0&_uhb=1

The tabs don't line up perfect, but you can make brakets easily enough to make them work in a ke.

If you are using a cut n shut manifold, make sure the cam breathers vent to atmosphere.

silva
6th May 2014, 06:50 PM
Yeah I was thinking of that or doing this http://s-86.com/article_hyundai_rad.php

But today I came home to my cut and shut intake, so getting gaskets tomorrow, then ill bolt it on,

what are some good plug's and leads to use??

Futo_gt86
6th May 2014, 07:22 PM
I have the rad pictured in above link in my KE70. You can make it fit with some work.
If I were to purchase again, I would look at Mazda RX2/3/4/5 radiator (without Heater pipe) as an option to AE71.
They Range between $99 for Rad only
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-core-aluminum-radiator-Mazda-RX2-RX3-RX4-RX5-/321300259279?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4acefce1cf (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-core-aluminum-radiator-Mazda-RX2-RX3-RX4-RX5-/321300259279?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4acefce1cf)
To $199 with massive oil cooler
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130744729647?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130744729647?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649)

Ali

silva
6th May 2014, 08:51 PM
ok that's cool and what thermo fan would I run?

Futo_gt86
6th May 2014, 09:04 PM
Up to you.
Core size is 450H * 388W * 56
This link shows 14" as the single fan size
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mazda-RX2-RX3-RX4-RX5-3Row-Aluminum-Radiator-non-heater-pipe-electric-14-fan-/161296659774?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item258e07b53e
Personally I wouldn't skimp on the fan quality.
I would use a shroud mount to mount fan like this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-Holden-Commodore-VN-VG-VP-VR-VS-V6-3-8L-Aluminum-Radiator-Shroud-Fan-/171319553743?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e370eecf

silva
8th May 2014, 10:05 AM
Well today I will be getting my flywheel bolts, so I'll put the flywheel and clutch one tonight :)

Then Saturday arvo I'll bolt the gear box
Up,

Then when payday comes I'll buy extractors,

All I need now is a fuel pump :)

Mirko
8th May 2014, 02:31 PM
Yeah I was thinking of that or doing this http://s-86.com/article_hyundai_rad.php

But today I came home to my cut and shut intake, so getting gaskets tomorrow, then ill bolt it on,

I would use 1NZZ coils and do a coil on plug conversion. Funny enough l am actually selling them plus adaptor plate pm if interested

Zane k
11th May 2014, 01:27 AM
Just ones from Super Cheap or Autobarn would be fine, I would personally replace spark plugs while you're at it. What intake are you going to go with? Just pod filter or going to mount and air box?

silva
20th May 2014, 02:52 PM
Well finally starting to get stuff done...

got bored and got sick of it on axel stands so I decided to put the motor in it was a lot easier then what I through it would be
p.s yes I am doing this on the road...

So I'm picking up so try copy extractors on the weekend... At JAPNATS :)

then I brought a vl external fuel pump.
Now some people say just to run that.. But I'm not sure if I should run the vl intake pump as well?

- PLEASE HELP -

then need to start wiring in the loom :(

but attest the motor is in :)

silva
20th May 2014, 02:53 PM
What intake are you going to go with? Just pod filter or going to mount and air box?

Going with a cut and shut, I want to go air box put probs just pod

Jacobxxx
20th May 2014, 10:17 PM
From memory if you just run the external pump they wear out quicker than if you don't have an internal pump too

but don't quote me on that!

silva
21st May 2014, 09:49 PM
So today I got busy cleaning all the old parts out and cleaning it and blah.. Blah.. Blah......

but I did order some parts
like a fuel pump....
Haha

as of that I need to order
dizzy cap, rotor button, leads, plugs,
cause all that stuff is molested....
I also brought a intake and exhaust so that should be cool.

does anyone have info on how to wire the 4age in....

Took the old ke70 seats out to get ready for some celica seats... Yay

Sprinter Freak
22nd May 2014, 03:11 PM
run one of these http://www.ajps.com.au/parts/surgetanks.php and use a Facet 7psi external lift pump connected up to the standard feed line like so http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/8255-UNDERCAR-surge-tank-KE70.

don't use an in tank VL pump on the standard in tanks pipes, it will give you nothing but trouble, had mine fall of and float around inside the tank a few times. plus you have to drop the tank anytime you have a fuel problem which get annoying.

silva
26th May 2014, 03:53 PM
Well have most of the parts of the parts have trd copy extractors, cut and shut intake, just have to sort out the loom

" IF ANYONE NEAR LISMORE KNOWS HOW TO WIRE IN A 4AGE INTO A KE70 PM ME ILL GIVE YOU FOOD AND MONEY FOR YOUR HELP "

now for fuel fuel im not gonna go cheap I'm gonna get a 1.8l surge tank with a facet 7psi pump then a vl external pump so when I do full sicckk diff with 1/4 of fuel it won't surge hahahaha

I just brought a ebay surge tank... Where the best/ cheapest place to buy a facet pump??

silva
27th May 2014, 11:54 AM
Ok i started connecting up the loom and stuff and found that the O2 plug is different It has a flange on it where in the extractors it's a screw in type?
Can you just unscrew the flange??

Matt
28th May 2014, 09:30 AM
Take the extractors to an exhaust shop and add a flange where the screw is won't be more than $30-40

silva
30th May 2014, 01:32 PM
Well some gasket came yesterday :P

brought some parts off a guy and they never showed.. Loved getting ripped off :(

Only need fuel pumps, surge tank, have everything else I think

but I just pay for 6 months rego and I need to buy another car :(

cause i I brought a stock white ke70 off and old lady and 2 days later my " friend " drove it into the back of a ute and wrote it off!!

So I'm gonna buy another ke70

so parts on this is going to be on hold for a little bit,

silva
30th May 2014, 02:01 PM
Well some gasket came yesterday :P

brought some parts off a guy and they never showed.. Loved getting ripped off :(

Only need fuel pumps, surge tank, have everything else I think

but I just pay for 6 months rego and I need to buy another car :(

cause i I brought a stock white ke70 off and old lady and 2 days later my " friend " drove it into the back of a ute and wrote it off!!

So I'm gonna buy another ke70

so parts on this is going to be on hold for a little bit,

silva
24th July 2014, 05:27 PM
this thread has pretty much has died in the ass!!

well replaced lead's, plug's, dizzy cap, rotor button. water pump, all this other stuff
now its ready to go down and get wired in then I can tune it and drive It
;0

Sprinter Freak
29th July 2014, 11:39 PM
Make sure you go aftermarket ecu when you get this wired up, will make things way easier in the long run!

Jacobxxx
30th July 2014, 12:08 AM
And 10x more expensive. Stock will be fine

silva
19th August 2014, 07:19 PM
update :
I wired it in spent about a week doing was using a fwd loom, got it all finished plugged the ecu in pop!! ecu started to smoke!!
so I got the shit pulled all the wires out and brought a ae86 loom and and jdm ecu!
but when I brought the loom didn't really know it was set up for ITB so I pulled the hole loom apart and used the TVIS plug out of my old loom and rewired the hole loom got rid of all the stuff you don't need so it wouldn't stuff up!!!

I got busy and wire it all it in! so much more easier when your doing it a 2nd time haha
so I plugged it all up and I wasn't getting spark or injector pulse, I didn't have the 12v relay powered in for the injector's so plugged it all in and now I have spark and fuel!!

the only thing stoping me from starting it is the dizzy timing and that's getting looked at tomorrow morning!!

then exhausted, fix brakes, do some skids!!

oh got some new rear wheels :)))

silva
27th August 2014, 12:51 AM
Shit got messy...
Rocker cover bolt dropped down the oil return, had to take the motor out to get it :)

Fix that went to go start it and the starter motor died :(

So I have my starter ready to go in then new battery!!

Go get my exhaust made

Done!!

Oh wired in my rwd loom looks minty

Have relays for my fuel pump, thermo, Ecu, injetors, starter motor!! And it all looks like rubbish so gonna change it around a bit!!

4ageeeeeeeeeeee

Zane k
27th August 2014, 09:49 AM
Looking good man, almost there

silva
27th August 2014, 10:27 PM
Well I started look at some rust!!!
Kinda wish I left it haha

Got a twin can wheel!!
Painted it black cause it doesn't have a horn button!!
" horns are over rated "

Robzillaaa
29th August 2014, 04:56 AM
looks pretty sweet man, hopefully you get it running soon.

silva
29th August 2014, 08:30 PM
DAILY LIFE!

Haha so tryed to start my 4age it sounded like it was just about to start but wasn't so I'm gonna go with the ignition timing is out a bit...

So I'll have some fun on Sunday to sort it out

silva
9th September 2014, 12:08 AM
So there a problem with my 4age,
It's all wired in right, everything is right, but it's just not firing,
I think piston 4 has no compression,
So I'm going to look abit into it,

If that's the case,
Then I think I might turn it into a track only and run a ca18 or sr20

silva
15th September 2014, 08:16 PM
For the compression sorted 👌👌👌👌

silva
19th October 2014, 10:39 PM
So bit of and update
This car has been the biggest muck around!
But i got 2 weeks holiday and after watching drift matsuri qld it was time to spend some time on in,

so the reason why It wasn't firing is cause the exhaust cam was 180 out, so I fixed it all up and it still wasn't firing
wasn't getting any spark, solved out why it wasn't getting spark " never do wiring when your drunk or tired "

so I sorted it out and tried it and bang it ran! But so ruff! So I was left shaking my head!
but it turns out my tps was so much out it wouldn't be reading signals from the ecu so I sorted that out! Now it run pretty good I have a vac leak in the throttle body because there coolant pipes and I'm not using them so I'm going to block them off so I can get a good idle and tune it!

So after that I need to buy a seat!

Hoping to to get it all sorted by the 30th so I can drift coffee matsuri :)

silva
29th December 2014, 01:56 PM
so its all up and running got my exhaust done
just went 2,25 straight thru with a sports muffler at the end!

car is running really good have to fix up a few thinks
have a new timing belt, have to replace the front main seal,

oh and i trying to find a new oil pump gasket but i can't seam to find one from auto shops?

then its time to lock the diff and see how well i can drive it

and picked up some seats 34402

silva
2nd March 2015, 07:32 PM

went to matsuri on the weekend at coffs car went pretty good,
had no hand brake,
clutch keeped getting really hot,
keeped understeering,
need more lock,

but was a sick weekend