PDA

View Full Version : Changing panhard rod bushes

willa
1st July 2009, 05:04 PM
Hey guys,

I have to change my panhard rod bushes, (hopefully now as the weather is good) and i was just wondering, if i reverse my car onto some ramps will i be able to take it off after undoing it or will i have to put some stands under it, and if so, where?

-Cheers will

driftke70
1st July 2009, 05:21 PM
put a jack under the body somewhere, to just take the weight off the springs and panhard, and you should be able to take it off and put it back on without too much drama

sundee
2nd July 2009, 12:15 PM
dont forget to remove the sleeve on the pax side so the new bushes ( if fitting urethane )
fits.. u'll see... hacksaw, blow torch and a pinpunch/hammer will be your friends with this.. and a vice ;)

willa
2nd July 2009, 07:53 PM
dont forget to remove the sleeve on the pax side so the new bushes ( if fitting urethane )
fits.. u'll see... hacksaw, blow torch and a pinpunch/hammer will be your friends with this.. and a vice ;)

Sorry but do mean passenger side?

Ive got nolathane bushes and it has one metal sleeve, so i assume thats what your talking about removing? Will i need to remove it with these sort of bushes?

I have all of the above except for the blowtorch...

Thanks

tuned86
2nd July 2009, 10:16 PM
Jack the car and support on rails. Use a jack to support the diff, removal and installation will be easier

sundee
3rd July 2009, 09:46 AM
Sorry but do mean passenger side?

Ive got nolathane bushes and it has one metal sleeve, so i assume thats what your talking about removing? Will i need to remove it with these sort of bushes?

I have all of the above except for the blowtorch...

Thanks

yeah passenger side.. u will see.. well thats saying if all the bushes are desgined to same, the ones i used were designed without the metal sleeve, so i had to remove it. u will see when u hold the bush upto the rod, its either going to be to big or just right.

u dont really need a blow torch, i just used it to free up the sleeve to wack it out. if u need to remove it just put a hacksaw blade through the middle and cut a slot in the sleeve the punch it out... easy