PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Cable and Clutch Hard line

ke70 xx
1st July 2009, 08:04 PM
What throttle cable do I need to run after chucking a 4age in me ke70? The stock ones length is to longs and also keeps the Throttle open when started. Can anyone help me with this?

Also is there an alternative to using a hard line on the pedal for the clutch? Or do I need to hunt down the ae71 or t18 one? Currently running a T18 Pedal Box if that helps. Need all this information asap as I am nearly finished and need this info to drive the car.

Cheers Troy

provar
1st July 2009, 08:10 PM
can you get away with bending the throttle body bracket to make the cable fit? before you bend it make sure you can still get enough movement in it.

btw im Russ, get this shit done so i can watch skids on saturday!

provar
1st July 2009, 08:12 PM
check this:
http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/66505-1980-toyota-corolla-4age-powerd-ke70-26-000-miles-form-new.html

under the section OTHER, it says he uses AE86 GT coupe throttle cable

shift_rook
1st July 2009, 08:14 PM
yes ajps sells braided clutch lines

provar
1st July 2009, 08:18 PM
yes ajps sells braided clutch lines

will he get his hands on one before saturday? needs to be on there by then for drift prac

ke70 xx
1st July 2009, 08:42 PM
Not gna make practice man. Dont have the money unless I dont rego my car. Will make next one. Im not organised enough. Need swaybars and wheels at least. And a panhard aswell. Help me with these things. Want to drive it :)

ke70dave
1st July 2009, 09:09 PM
ep91 starlet is the accel cable for you, fwd thing that looks like a bubble.

as for the hard line, any hardline will do, old celica or something, so long as its got the same thread at the end (just get a toyota). hilux would prolly work too. just bend it to work. or you can bend it into shape and get it cut short and new nuts put on the end by a hydraulic shop.

Hokey
1st July 2009, 09:34 PM
ajps braided line won't help. he needs the line from master cylinder to the soft line.

as dave said though they are pretty flexible and if you're careful it can be bent a fair bit.

adam
1st July 2009, 11:48 PM
T18 or AE71 hard line will depend on where your slave cylinder is located. T18's hard line will suit you if you're running a JDM bell housing (slave on driver side).

ke70 xx
5th July 2009, 04:34 PM
Yeh got jdm box so slave is one drivers side. Just need this line and havent had the chance to have a look anywere. Also been told that rt142 corona has the throttle cable I need so might be making a trip to you pull it soon and scrounge a hardline for my clutch.