PDA

View Full Version : Finally some progress on the T-18 soon to be G-20

RYCAM
21st May 2014, 10:22 PM
Thought i would start sharing some pics of my project T-18, its been sitting in my shed for a while stripped until a package arrived yesterday, work was quiet so today I've been fiddling and i have it sitting in the bay, 31917
I'd like to move it back about 25mm and up around 10-15mm and i would like to machine the 1st of the three belt sections off the harmonic balancer to make a little more room, the lower rad support will need to be modified anyway its currently off as it was bent and a new one will be fitted and modified, currently sticking with the T50 until the budget allows for a W, ill just have to be gentle, no engine mods other than a reseal as i think it will go plenty well enough 900 odd kg for a while,

Tomorrow if i haven't got much on ill take the x members out and start modifying them to suit, ill try keep this thread updated as i go.

Jacobxxx
6th June 2014, 10:18 AM
COOL!

wookster
6th June 2014, 10:31 AM
Excuse my ignorance. Is this a 1GGTE?

RYCAM
14th June 2014, 09:37 AM
Yes its a gen 1 1ggte with water to air intercooler and ive got an old microtech for it.
i've welded up all the holes in the original gearbox crossmember, ive got it sitting where i want it now, enough clearance for the ic, standard lower rad support now fits, don't have to modify the shifter hole and the tailshaft still fits as the slipjoint just goes in the extension housing another 20mm, i might machine 10mm of the shaft just to be safe though, ive cut the plates for the mounts to bolt on the block and purchased some v8 range rover/jag mounts so next is finishing the mounts