PDA

View Full Version : Sorting / Searching / Finding Members Rides has just gotten easier....

Matt
20th July 2014, 02:16 PM
Over the past few weeks i've been writing a page where you can see pictures of the members rides on this forum in an easier fashion.

The result is here...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/3/4/9/537847.jpg

You can access it by clicking on the following link here... (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/rides/showrides.php)

Please have a look, and don't be shy in suggesting ways it can be improved either here or via PM.

There is many more changes coming, this should be the first of many.

Matt

Javal
20th July 2014, 04:21 PM
This looks great Matt! Although i wouldn't mind changing the display picture for my thread to one that's actually a picture of my shitty car. Is this something users are going to be able to do / select or is that just way too hard?

haveaparty
20th July 2014, 05:55 PM
How come when I click on my own pages It comes up with only pictures and not the entire threads? would also like to change the picture to anything other then the one it is now lol.

dove grey 64
20th July 2014, 06:01 PM
When you see your thread amongst the other ones there should be a "C" icon, click that and it should bring up pics to change your main pic icon

Matt
20th July 2014, 08:51 PM
Give me a bit and i'll make it easier to change the pics of your own cars... I've spent a heap of time on it recently and just wanted to get it "out there" as such, but it is far from being finished.

Some stuff planned to make it better is

* A My garage page where it shows your own rides + lets you manage the pictures
* Different ways to view the threads
- Pics only views of threads
- Owners comments only
* My Favourites / subscribed threads
- A star in the title where if u click it , it becomes your favourite. Email notification etc when a ride is updated.
* Be able to create new / update the ride + add new pics that work from a mobile / pc without needing external image hosting.
* Report missing pics / wrong information.

Any other ideas / feedback is definately welcome.

To make this happen the moderators here and I went through all of the threads manually and updated the information. So a big thank you to Jacob and Geoff for helping me out.

There is plenty more stuff in the works and we will be having more competitions / give aways in the coming months, but i really hope you like the updates and please tell me both the good and bad with it, if you imagine a change I can and will make it happen.

haveaparty
20th July 2014, 09:12 PM
ok so I tried that and every time I clicked on a picture that I wanted it would just open up a new page with the pictures again. ill just wait a little bit until its all sorted. its a great idea doing this

Matt
20th July 2014, 09:31 PM
It does actually change the pic when u click on them... I did it without notification because we had allot of threads to go through.

Another thing that happens behind the scenes is the images are now cached locally , so if you have a dead picture in your threads we can update the links with ones stored local.

LittleRedSpirit
21st July 2014, 08:57 AM
Looks good, whats the spanner icon mean, its in both of my threads header image?

Matt
21st July 2014, 11:37 AM
The C icon has been replaced with a spanner , which will let you edit your display pic + other stuff on the threads.

There is a bit to go before the edit page is fully functional. But from that edit page you will be able to set the display pic + update the engine / colour / other information on your ride as well.