PDA

View Full Version : removing ssr wheel centers.

dunga70
4th July 2009, 05:42 PM
i have ssr reverse mesh or formula mesh. depends who you talk to. however its the one with the steped dish. im giving them a clean and i want to take the centers out for sand blasting and then paint.. i took all the botls out. and they wont come out. the tyres are still on the rim. is that the problem. because it looks like they should just fall out now. or is there som trick to it? somone please help.
cheers jay

driftke70
4th July 2009, 06:43 PM
deflate your tyre, knock it out

racsov
4th July 2009, 06:47 PM
rubber mallet get into it

dunga70
4th July 2009, 06:48 PM
i kicked the shit out of it.. lol tried standing on it.. lol jumping on it.. ill deflate the tyre tomoro arvo and give it annother go. thanks lads. any other ideas?

blinded
4th July 2009, 08:02 PM
put upside down on blanket/soft ground, and use bigger mallet/have a real go at it (Y)

dunga70
4th July 2009, 08:04 PM
nice webbers... lol thats mad.. haha yeh.. do you think it makes a big difference weather it has a tyre on it or not? still inflated?

dunga70
4th July 2009, 08:40 PM
dont know if it made a difference.. but i just deflated the tyres.. and hit the center.. i used a small rubber mallet cause its all i had.. but i held it against the center and hit it with a lump hammer. lol im gonna star polishing them now.. thats dedication lol on a saturday night :P

Golberg
4th July 2009, 08:44 PM
FYI:

Stepped dish = formula mesh
Flat dish = reverse mesh

adam
4th July 2009, 09:10 PM
When reinstalling, the bolts should be tightened up to 30ft/lbs.

dunga70
4th July 2009, 10:39 PM
how am i gonna measure that without a tourque wrench lol plus is there any small enough to fit inside the wheel?

adam
4th July 2009, 11:01 PM
Allen key on one side to hold the bolt, use a socket with an extension on the other with torque wrench hanging off it. ;)

That torque figure is from SSR, not just a random plucked number.