PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Alignment Place

tauhu86
4th July 2009, 07:42 PM
I was back from the airport early this morning after dropping off a mate and didnt see this roundabout because the reflector wasnt there. :( hit the curb so hard and my frnt wheel alignment is out now.

the car still drives alright. both wheels have slight dents but not vibrating. an obvious toe out can be seen. The car is pulling slightly to the left, and i need to turn my steering wheel more to make a turn due to the toe out.

I checked the arms and all tht and it didnt seem like any thing was bent. the ball joints seemed to be alright as well..
anyone here had such an experience before? can u mess up the wheel alignment without having any of the arms & strut being bent?

Anyone knows where i can get my alignment done in the wkend? probably nxt week. wont be able to make it weekdays.

cheers

tauhu86
12th July 2009, 01:49 AM
screwed up my rack.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=109045#post109045

anyone got an unwanted spare pwr steering rack lying around?

H8CHIR6KU
12th July 2009, 12:06 PM
are you sure you fucked your rack?

ive hit plenty of curbs and knocked it so far out its almost undriveable. but readjusted everything and all ok.

most of the time when you smash a curb or something it will just cause the tie rod end to jump the teeth on the rack end

tauhu86
12th July 2009, 11:17 PM
yeap.
i think i killed the bush in the rack
it has about 10mm of freeplay now.
cant really feel the free play while driving but it can be seen from under the car

H8CHIR6KU
13th July 2009, 05:42 PM
sure its not just the rack end??

Dazzla86
17th July 2009, 04:58 PM
order parts and fix