PDA

View Full Version : AE101 4AGTE dead, Needsome info on costs etc

GUN16V
5th July 2009, 07:12 PM
Hi guys,

Basically my 4AGTE died last week and its in need of a rebuild, I just want it redone to standard specs so if some can help me out with costs of what needs to be purchased parts wise and also maching work.

Also if anyone in Sydney is competent at doing this work that reads this i will be more than happy to pay for your services,

Regards
David

shift_rook
5th July 2009, 08:06 PM
i think trade i can get all bearings and gaskets for around 500 if only you were in melb, i'd love to help

GUN16V
5th July 2009, 08:10 PM
Im always in the wrong state LOL

shift_rook
5th July 2009, 08:14 PM
but if you can't get trade it'll be around 6-700 pending whether you want just normal acl stuff or their race series etc etc

GUN16V
5th July 2009, 08:31 PM
Well i was going to sell the car then this happened. So ideally i want to get it fixed as cheap as possible but still relaiable so i dont create drama's for the new owner should it sell.

Ideally id like to just swap a motor and tranfer all the turbo gear but im finding it difficult finding a late gze for sale at a wrecker thats not a front cut and all the ones for sale privately have unknown history and could be a time bomb aswell.

Its quite a predicament i have found myself in

Simon-KE70
6th July 2009, 08:58 AM
well what is wrong with the current motor? if it died as such with a big bang then there may be engine damage, other things to factor in to the cost on top of a freshen up is damage to the crank, rods or pistons, or damage to the bores etc. thats when it can get expensive if you have to try and get a new crank or something.

GUN16V
6th July 2009, 03:06 PM
There was no big bang, car was using lots of oil but that could also be caused by a my turbo setup (really bad oil drain)

basically car just started stalling, wouldnt hold idle and i have smoke pouring out of the breather pipe on the cam cover.

The motor had been in the car since 2000 so it would have well over 200,000 clicks on it

I plan on getting the head off it so i can see if the gasket is gone or if there is any damage to the pistons.

sundee
7th July 2009, 05:30 PM
sounds like valve stem seals, u want standard specs as in u want the engine blueprinted? could be expensive. full rebuild would cost u about 4-5 grand

GUN16V
8th July 2009, 12:52 AM
All i really need to know is how much the following is

New ZE pistons
New ZE rods
Headgasket
VRS Kit
headstuds
Acl bearings
And any machine work

thats about all i need for a rebuild isnt it?

bounceae86
15th July 2009, 12:05 AM
these are euro prices
New ZE pistons 80 euro each
New ZE rods ???
Headgasket 60 euro
VRS Kit??
headstuds arp 110euro
Acl bearings 80euro
And any machine work head and block deck,reseat valves and stem seals etc 250 euro