PDA

View Full Version : spare/temp burrow t50

4agejet
12th December 2014, 12:38 PM
Hey guys,
Well couple weeks back i thought id take my car out for a small trip to grab dinner with the misses. Now on the way back the unexpected - when trying to shift from 3rd to 4th heard a crunch and it struggled to go into gear - infact it didnt go into 4th at all.. i tried shifting back into third but i had to pull over - oncde car rolled to a stop it stalle .. now it won't start without the clutch being pushed in..
While the car is not running, stick is in neutral position - i can push it around, no issues. i pop it into first - and it locks up cant push it .. right. but i can't start it no matter what gear the selector positioned in - i need the clutch pushed in to be able to start it - and as i release the clutch it stalls..
So conclusion (also an assumption) my box is screwed? since i had driven the car over a dozen times for 10-30 min drives at times and never were there signs of anything so im kind of shocked...

Moral of the story - i would like to know if anyone has a spare t50 lying around that i could perhaps burrow to see if it is my box or not ?

Feel free to add thoughts but i'm thinking copying the first 6 lines to technical thread..

Matt
12th December 2014, 06:00 PM
Yes something is broken in there, probably a selector fork or maybe a gear itself is causing the synchro ring to lock on. Unless you are building the box yourself it's easiest for a new one

4agejet
14th December 2014, 01:03 PM
Cheers for the advice :)