PDA

View Full Version : Quick $50 for first reply

AE86 Spoontah
7th July 2009, 06:50 PM
Have lost patience with my 4kc not starting so i'll give someone $50 to get it running.

PM me if interested. Located NOR as well

driftae86
7th July 2009, 07:35 PM
http://www.drukhier.nl/demo/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Hammer_4926f26d96402.jpg

shift_rook
7th July 2009, 07:36 PM
exactly! it's a 4k, hit it with a hammer, it'll start fist time 2% of the time, is it cranking at all? have you checked for spark? slow to crank?

H8CHIR6KU
7th July 2009, 08:08 PM
fuel pump or blocked fuel filter

sonsta
8th July 2009, 11:35 AM
its a 4k

if its cranking and its not going you must be turning the key wrong or something

svenmate
8th July 2009, 02:11 PM
alternator?? need a better diagnosis, Dr Spoontah

AE86 Spoontah
27th July 2009, 07:05 PM
Sorry i took so long to reply but i don't have computer access at the moment.

-Bought a running engine with even comp accoss all 4
-tried to start it once in the bay and wired up but wont start
-checked fuel filter and lines, and it pumps out so no blockages
-battery was a bit flat so it i hooked it up to running car for a while to give it some life (tiny battery only has 300cca's though). . . . . still wont start
-checked for spark and it seemed weak so put new leads and plugs in . . . . . won't start
-swapped old dizzy in as i knew it worked on old engine . . . . . won't start
-checked timing about 5 times over and was right . . . . guess what, still won't start

Thinking i need a new battery with more CCA's

H8CHIR6KU
28th July 2009, 03:27 PM
are you sure its firing on the right cylinder at the right time?

does it crank nicely or more of a chug and cough and fart?

and is there fuel actually coming out the throat of the carby? you can still have fuel to the carby but not come out the carby

kiahn
29th July 2009, 01:33 AM
what condition is the coil in?
have you tried a start-ya-bastard start
spray start ya bastard down the carby throat and try start it, if it runs but only for a few second you have fuel problem

what suburb you in?

AE86 Spoontah
29th July 2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah its firing on one at the right time.
Cranked nicely until the battery went flat.
No fuel comes out the carby, but isn't the electrical connection on the carby related to fuel because if you disconnect it while the car is running it shuts off?

Coil is in good condition
Haven't tried carby cleaner yet
Located in Ellenbrook

H8CHIR6KU
29th July 2009, 03:48 PM
nah the electrical connection should be for the choke. fuel should be coming out the carby.

try some crc aerostart or pour some fuel down the carby

AE86 Spoontah
29th July 2009, 03:58 PM
I'll grab some from work and try that

kiahn
29th July 2009, 07:14 PM
start ya bastard, aerostart. same diff just diff name.
you might just need it to run for a few seconds at higher rpms to suck fuel through the lines, and put it into a small container
pull off the IN pipe on the carby and when you crank it over see if any fuel is pouring out,
if not its a fuel problem

AE86 Spoontah
3rd August 2009, 05:58 PM
Poured some fuel down the carby and the best i got was a flame coming out the carby lol. That was about it before the starter motor packed it in. . . so does anyone have a solenoid lying about.

kiahn
3rd August 2009, 09:10 PM
flames coming out the carby normally means you have the wrong timing, very wrong.

AE86 Spoontah
4th August 2009, 08:44 PM
I pulled the rocker cover off and made sure no.1 in and ex were on the rock so it's definately on the right stroke.

How about you come and fix it for me Kiahn coz that's what this post was originally for haha

H8CHIR6KU
4th August 2009, 08:55 PM
so many people interpret " on the rock" differently.

if you mean that at tdc no1 has the exhaust closing and the inlet opening then that means no4 is at firing tdc

however if you mean that at tdc on no1 you can move the rockers freely as if you were checking valve clearances then your right on the money

kiahn
5th August 2009, 12:31 AM
i would if i had a licence, sorry but this is the best i can do.
if i can convince my mate to come pick me up ill come over and fix it for you
do you have many tools?? like full socket set??

Shahzan
5th August 2009, 01:15 AM
kiahn... I live next to you... I sure can send you if its weekends...

edit: pay for me fuel of course or buy me McFlurry...

kiahn
5th August 2009, 01:36 AM
AE86 Spoontah

whats your address, i can give it my best shot this saturday if you want??
pm me with details and whether you have tools or not, if you need 4k parts i have a full 4k for sale and the fuel pump on it was working fine before i remove from the car

AE86 Spoontah
6th August 2009, 12:16 PM
so many people interpret " on the rock" differently.

if you mean that at tdc no1 has the exhaust closing and the inlet opening then that means no4 is at firing tdc

however if you mean that at tdc on no1 you can move the rockers freely as if you were checking valve clearances then your right on the money

I made sure no.1 in and ex were on the rock

AE86 Spoontah
6th August 2009, 12:18 PM
AE86 Spoontah

whats your address, i can give it my best shot this saturday if you want??
pm me with details and whether you have tools or not, if you need 4k parts i have a full 4k for sale and the fuel pump on it was working fine before i remove from the car

I swapped over my working fuel pump from the other engine. I also have a spare rebuilt carby there that was off the old engine. I got all the tools you need for the job.