PDA

View Full Version : need electrical advice

sprinter666
8th July 2009, 07:38 PM
ok need a bit of advice my headlights dont work anymore had some issues but now theyre down.

what happened was drove down to pickup some seats, could swear they were workin when i left and afew night ago, but had problems havto switch em on n off till they work.

tonight on the way back from pickup no headlights at all, my foggies work fine and i cant see it being globes as when i flash highbeams still work fine but the main light dont work and when u nudge it forward to click highbeams on doesnt do a thing so ended up when it was really black holding my high beams on on the way home.

anyone know what it is and how to fix it quick?

shift_rook
8th July 2009, 07:58 PM
well because you're postin in vic section i'd recommend you get nath to have a look, otherwise, chuck this thread up in the tech q's:D

blair
8th July 2009, 08:00 PM
1. STOP HOLDING HIGH BEAMS ON. You can start a fire.
2. Pull out the actual switch, strip it down to the board, you have probably burnt the absolute shit out of it by now from holding on the high beams.
3. Repair damage.

a quick search would of found quite a few topics all very similar to this.
i have made this reply many a time also, the solder gets dry with age and cracks, causeing intermittent faults, sometimes eventually breaking contact completely.

blair.

matt99
8th July 2009, 08:40 PM
1. Call Nath.
2. Problem solved.
3. ???
4. Do skids.

sprinter666
9th July 2009, 01:30 AM
cheers blair, yes guna call nath or jarryd tomoz see whos available soonest n matt add a point 5.

Profit!!!

Sam-Q
9th July 2009, 10:04 AM
its the headlight switch, there have been a few threads on it