PDA

View Full Version : 1983 KE70 Sedan plastic bumper question

MickStephens
4th February 2016, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I have not been in here for a while and it looks like I will be the owner of an 83 Corolla KE70 within a few weeks.

I have yet to actually see the car in person, but its one owner and owned by my wifes Auntie. Very cheap price and crazy to pass up on.

Anyway, it has plastic bumpers on it. Can the earlier model KE70's steel bumpers bolt straight on?

Im not a an of the plastic bumper look and want to upgrade the bumpers asap. Any info welcome on installing steel bumpers.

Cheers, Mick

Big T
4th February 2016, 03:21 PM
Slant or flat front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickStephens
4th February 2016, 03:32 PM
This is the front end shot I've got

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160204/5ee5169a84b91c34eb7c577e648c71a0.jpg

Big T
4th February 2016, 03:34 PM
There are 3 kinds of chrome front bars. Flat, slant and panelvan. You'll need the correct one for a flat front. It'll need the bar brackets and indicators to fit properly. Rear bars are the same for flat and slant but again, need brackets and license lights.

MickStephens
4th February 2016, 04:45 PM
There are 3 kinds of chrome front bars. Flat, slant and panelvan. You'll need the correct one for a flat front. It'll need the bar brackets and indicators to fit properly. Rear bars are the same for flat and slant but again, need brackets and license lights.

Thanks mate. Ill get looking into it once the cars in my garage. Cheers again

LittleRedSpirit
8th February 2016, 11:39 AM
Australian cars didnt have chrome bars with the exception of T18 and KE70 panelvan. Youd be looking at importing them. drahcirdestiny I think is the reputable guy, richard Opiana.