PDA

View Full Version : rona struts+lcas camber

ke_70
9th July 2009, 04:53 PM
quick question, rona lcas giv u about 1.5 degrees. how much more will a rona strut give u if it gives any more and will i have 2 shorten the strut 2 giv 0 degrees
basicly i want 1.5 degrees

cheers oh its 4 a ke70

ke70dave
9th July 2009, 05:16 PM
faaarrrr ouuuuttttttt

i swear the grammer is getting worse around here

heres how to word that question so you sound inteligent.

hey guys quick question for you

i have a ke70 just so you know what car i have (important)

now my question is:

*apparently* corona arms (assuming xt130?) gives you 1.5 degrees of extra negative camber.

so how much camber will the complete corona strut give and control arm give in a ke70? (i assume thats what you rasking)

and will i have to shorten the strut to give 0 degress.

basically my goal is go get 1.5 degrees of negative camber.

any help will be appreciated.

now my response.

i was under the impression that the corona "thew out" the geometry in the front end of a ke70. though it seems like a popular-ish conversion.

my question to you is, how does shortening the strut reduce your camber?

egg_83
9th July 2009, 08:45 PM
In my T18 iv got XT130 struts and Lca's and have -0.5 Camber on both sides.

Just do the conversion and get camber tops and set it up how you would like.

Problme solvered:yeah:

Hen may possibly be a nut
9th July 2009, 10:21 PM
I agree with Dave.

If you are talking about XT130 then that's one matter. Egg's pretty much answered it.

If you are talking about *T14* then the struts give you lots of positive camber, and the steering arm bolt spacing doesn't match.

Hen

provar
10th July 2009, 09:00 PM
i was under the impression that the corona "thew out" the geometry in the front end of a ke70. though it seems like a popular-ish conversion.

my question to you is, how does shortening the strut reduce your camber?

just wanted to point out your spelling mistakes :hehe:

also, the strut can change camber depending on the location of the bolt holes in the bottom of the strut that bolt to the hub.

Hen may possibly be a nut
11th July 2009, 10:49 PM
also, the strut can change camber depending on the location of the bolt holes in the bottom of the strut that bolt to the hub.
I don't quite follow you here. The location of the bolt holes in the bottom of the strut (that the steering arms bolts to) have a minor effect on camber. But by far a bigger factor is the angle between the strut body and the stub axle.

When looking at bare struts you can see by eye the difference between RA60 struts (same as ST141 and gives positive camber) and XT130 struts (no major camber issues)

Hen