PDA

View Full Version : speedo calibration

.ady
9th July 2009, 11:21 PM
hey guys my speedo is off and i dnt want to risk my remaining dermit points as well as this it will be even worst if i decide to change to an e or f series.so i was wondering if anyone knows of a place pref in the westside that can calibrate the speedo?

extra note: apexi rsm cud be a solution but prefer for calibration :thumbup: im sure some of you guys got this problem?

adam
9th July 2009, 11:28 PM
You're looking at about $180 for a recalibration from memory. This only recalibrates your speedo though, odometer will still be off.

You're best off changing the speedo drive in the gearbox. There's two gears inside which you need to mix and play with from other gearboxes to get your correct ratio.

Gears from a K50 can be used if memory serves me right.

Do the above or just get larger/smaller diameter tyres and fix it up the easy way.

I'm personally just driving it 20% wrong, reading too quick. 120kmh is really 100kmh.

blacktopspirit
10th July 2009, 07:19 AM
get a navman and use it when you drive everywhere

tells you where speed camera's are and tells you accurately what speed your doing, plus you never have to use a Melways again!

cost $238!!!

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4a5650941195cb122740c0a87e0106bd/Product/View/D4252