PDA

View Full Version : New KE70 owner

chvzding
12th July 2009, 11:42 PM
Hi all. Couldn't find a specific intro thread, so I thought I may as well post here.

Just signed up, and just bought a 83 KE70 to be used as a track car (grip + fun) with the emphasis on fun because I doubt I could be in any way competitive :p . Have been a fairly long term member of skylines australia. Sold the R33 a little while back.

I am a big fan of doing things properly, so while it currently has the 4A-C and 5 speed I am hunting down a 4AGE which will cop a full rebuild with a lightened forged and balanced bottom end and twin 45mm Weber DCOE's. That is unless I track down a 20V nice and cheap.

Suspension wise I will either make the conversion over to coilovers or possibly bugger around trying to get the most out of whats there - budget dependant. At the moment it is too low and the suspension is too hard - especially in the rear. I will fix that though.

I will show up to any track event as long as some other members are going to make a showing. Even if it means running with the 4AC.

The car itself is a plain old KE70 with superlites, auto to manual coversion with the auto diff, and a nardi steering wheel:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/0/7/5/18300.jpg

Will be getting the stripped interior treatment very soon, T18 chrome bumpers and a few other little bits and pieces I have had tucked away for a while.

ae71
13th July 2009, 11:21 AM
dude... search... this forum is full of into on suspension set-ups for grip.

also whats the difference between "grip" and "fun"

i find both grip and skids fun :P

ke_70
13th July 2009, 12:56 PM
make a members ride thred
btw nice car to needs lower profile tyres though

klusio
13th July 2009, 01:57 PM
think Ive seen this up the top of argyle street before? welcome

chvzding
13th July 2009, 04:16 PM
^^ Very possibly. Definitely the owner before me though.

Jonny Rochester
13th July 2009, 07:39 PM
For a start, if it's a KE70 the original motor is a 4K, not the 4A. If it does have the 4K, you have to swap the gearbox and pedal box and a few things to go with a 4A(G) setup.

Also, I would advise not to strip the interia. Leave it as a tidy car for as long as posible, complete with seatbelts and carpet and heater etc. After 2 track days or more, when you feel the car is getting faster etc, and you decide to go with a full weld-in roll cage, then take the interia out to allow the weld in cage. By this time rego will be borderline legal and you will have a tow vehicle and definite plans to enter race events etc.

Gordie
13th July 2009, 10:07 PM
yeah his ke has already had a 4ac swap, i bought a ae71 wreck of its old owner.
You dont save that much weight stripping the inside, not worth the trouble in my opinion.

shift_rook
13th July 2009, 10:21 PM
brilliant base dude, make a members ride thread, sound like you've got some nice plans for her

chvzding
15th July 2009, 07:18 PM
Yep it has a 4AC - I am no noob haha...

brilliant base dude, make a members ride thread, sound like you've got some nice plans for her

Well yes everything is coming together nicely. Suspension is getting sorted out on monday. Have already tracked down a 20V and several other 4AGE's.

Not sure how I will go doing it in the driveway though hahaha.

Scholarship money will be coming through soon too which will cover another chunk of modification. From now on I'll just update my ride thread as things happen.

Prewer
15th July 2009, 07:32 PM
^^ know of anyone with an ECU and plug??

Cerby86
15th July 2009, 09:40 PM
I have a smallport ecu. don't think i have the plugs tho

nichy
28th July 2009, 11:23 PM
jezza's old car :P

if your getting rid of the rear shocks let me know :P