20th July 2009, 08:28 PM
AE86DC drift meets at archerfeild
Cost - $50
Need - Helmet but bring tools and spares just in case

info and forms on the option1 website - www.option1garage.com.au

On every wednesday

PHA786
21st July 2009, 01:08 PM
I'm interested. If we get enough ppl into it we could do our own day.

GOODY
22nd July 2009, 03:31 PM
Definatly interested :) Would this be a ae86dc only thing or could other cars come aswell??

rolla92
22nd July 2009, 03:42 PM
im interested. which one u wana go to? in a months time?

marvis
22nd July 2009, 05:27 PM
Maybe.

rolla92
22nd July 2009, 06:44 PM
i will obviously jst be watchin. id go for a ride if anyone would take me for a lap.

xsoarerx
22nd July 2009, 08:59 PM
lol... this wont happen for two reasion.

1) they dont do private days anymore because of noise complaints so they only stick to wensday and friday arvo/evening drifting.

2) theres not enough memebers on here that have there cars running to orginise something like this... sad but true.

hahahahaha :rolleyes:

that being said... just pick a date a month from now and say im going on this day and others are welcome to join and make sure you go.

chances ill be down as i go evey couple of weeks because unlike you guys im not blesed with even tyre wear... but i do have Ze KiloWut's!

Clinton
22nd July 2009, 09:50 PM
even tyre wear... but i do have Ze KiloWut's!

man you should of seen the tyres on the back of the seeda when i swapped the wheels over.

it was like

"wow man these tyres are swe- oh..."

dr1ft-pig
22nd July 2009, 10:09 PM
if its on this wednesday i dare say ill hit it... i got cash and im coming up for a tune at 999 on the wednesday

could be fun :P

xsoarerx
22nd July 2009, 10:43 PM
man you should of seen the tyres on the back of the seeda when i swapped the wheels over.

it was like

"wow man these tyres are swe- oh..."

welcome to the world of IRS... i can get my tyres down to the canvas, filp them around and then ware down the other side... i kid you not!

QR's on next friday, sprinter kids should come out :P

dr1ft-pig
23rd July 2009, 01:53 AM
ill let you know if im gonna hit it wednesday john, you should come for skids :)

xsoarerx
23rd July 2009, 09:31 AM
HUMM... its tempting. ill see what tyres come my way after the weekend and might make an appercance ;) let me know if you go out.

dr1ft-pig
23rd July 2009, 12:52 PM
i will do... might go get some tyres and an alignment today

trikzlane
23rd July 2009, 08:29 PM
maybe the 12th or 19th of august?

rolla92
23rd July 2009, 08:39 PM
anyone goin 2moz night. either drivin or spectating. 12th and 19th of august sound good.

dr1ft-pig
24th July 2009, 01:34 AM
i should be there on the 29th if anyone wants to come out

im bringing a mate with a siick camera to get some pics of mine drifting before ig et rid of it so i can get some sick pics of any other toyota guys there

trikzlane
24th July 2009, 07:09 PM
u sellin the 86 brenden?

dr1ft-pig
25th July 2009, 08:44 AM
yea think so hay

xsoarerx
29th July 2009, 12:42 PM
no skids for me this week, too sick atm... ill be down for a little while to watch tho.

rolla92
29th July 2009, 03:50 PM
its one soon. gona probs stop by

trikzlane
9th August 2009, 07:21 PM
On every wednesday, ill update when im goin next.

mereki.

rolla92
25th August 2009, 02:52 PM
u still going tomoz bud?

Jip86
25th August 2009, 06:37 PM
I'll be in bris tomorrow night and might come out for a look.

trikzlane
25th August 2009, 08:31 PM
was gunna but got no cash and i havnt got the car the way i want it yet so ill keep ya updated on when ill go next

mereki.

Jip86
25th August 2009, 09:22 PM
so is their gunna be any 86's out their?

blair
26th August 2009, 11:35 AM
I was also semi keen till a mate bailed!

= the $50 going towards tee fiddy shifter rebuild kit now haha

wanabdrifta
26th August 2009, 01:34 PM
ill be spectating takin the new xt130 wagon down there.

the battle wagon.

callum1
7th September 2009, 09:26 PM
this is on every wed arvo hay?

trikzlane
9th September 2009, 07:00 PM
yep 4-8

DRFT
9th September 2009, 07:08 PM
I hate archerfield. They charge way to much for a 1st gear skid, their pretty dick and cops are always around. i rather go for some qr its only like $40 more or something. oh well thats my view

trikzlane
4th February 2010, 07:59 PM
Wednesday 10\2 4-8pm, ill be out, sliding
will be nice to see some ae86dc members out too

Eircamae86
4th February 2010, 09:56 PM
I hate archerfield. They charge way to much for a 1st gear skid, their pretty dick and cops are always around. i rather go for some qr its only like $40 more or something. oh well thats my view

Ok its no international racing circuit, what would you charge?

trikzlane
9th February 2010, 08:10 PM
wont make it this wednesday so im aiming for 17th

trikzlane
14th February 2010, 08:56 PM
THIS WEDNESDAY, join in or come and watch, support the community lol
ill be there in the ke70 with some mate in there cars

Eircamae86
14th February 2010, 09:21 PM
Can you ask when the next friday night practice is? Id be keen just cant make wednesdays or Qr days

trikzlane
14th February 2010, 10:09 PM
they dont do pracs on friday its comps, mainly all bogans tho

Eircamae86
14th February 2010, 10:15 PM
Id hardly be ready for comps, see what happens I suppose

fantapants
14th February 2010, 10:19 PM
let me know if you need a bed oirish

Eircamae86
14th February 2010, 10:26 PM
let me know if you need a bed oirish
You cant afford me, not even for a few hours

fantapants
15th February 2010, 10:27 AM
sif i need a few hours....

xsoarerx
15th February 2010, 04:43 PM
its like one of thoes rides at the shops... $2 for a min... sounds about right.

around and around... up and down... sudden jolt... stop.

marvis
16th February 2010, 07:19 PM
Bogans everywhere too!

rolla92
16th February 2010, 09:01 PM
dont be hatin on archie, its not its fault that the bogans flock to it like dennis to public pools. its jst a bit of fun. at least they are always on.

trikzlane
17th February 2010, 07:25 PM
got canned cause it flooded so next wednesday ill go

DRFT
18th February 2010, 08:42 PM
Archerfield sadly is just a track where rolling burnouts are performed by commodores and skylines, its quite bogan and doesnt suit my ae86 fair use policy, sorry guys

MeZ Prod
18th February 2010, 08:59 PM
lol fucking elitist much? ^^^^^^^

That said archy is fair fucking bogan and agree LOL.

Clinton
19th February 2010, 08:37 AM
still a fun course though.

xsoarerx
19th February 2010, 05:23 PM
cars = bogans

skids = bogans

QR is in the switch, Archy is in acaia ridge = bogans.

parklands is on the gold coast = gold coast bogans.

therfore...

bogans will always be attracted to drift.

but then again i dont really seam to notice the bogans...

WHEN IM ON TRACK!!!

:P

MeZ Prod
19th February 2010, 06:39 PM
Lol gold coast is hardly bogan unless your passing through nerang or southport.....

trikzlane
19th February 2010, 07:04 PM
theres bogans everywhere, but who cares, i go to have fun, and thats all that matters

marvis
24th February 2010, 12:21 PM
I go to tell everyone my 3 VK's are home do better drifts.

DRFT
13th March 2010, 06:30 PM
I go to tell everyone my 3 VK's are home do better drifts.

haha choice. again very little skill involved at archy, who has the ls1 and a left foot for the brake wins the comps. sorry for being so negative but its a go kart track for goodness sake

and the worst thing is that option garage get on their high horse thinking their a major contributor to the professional drift motorsport. and charge alot of money

Paul
13th March 2010, 08:58 PM
their high horse thinking their a major contributor to the professional drift motorsport

Have they even said that???

and charge alot of money

I thought it was only like $50 or so to skid there ?

Altho they do charge a fair amount to spectate.

Juturna
13th March 2010, 10:26 PM
haha choice. again very little skill involved at archy, who has the ls1 and a left foot for the brake wins the comps. sorry for being so negative but its a go kart track for goodness sake

and the worst thing is that option garage get on their high horse thinking their a major contributor to the professional drift motorsport. and charge alot of money

YOU are whats wrong with this community. very little skill? what are you 12?
this is why there is so little driving etc on this site, people like you putting shit down for no reason and being an elitist tool.
umm THEY ARE A MAJOR CONTRIBUTER TO DRIFTING! how many others are out there offering REGULAR organised drift events? not many. be happy we have them doing this for us otherwise we will end up with no drift events, support the drift community or go somewhere else.
serious. get out there, have a go, if there are bogans there, who gives a FUCK!?

Danny t
13th March 2010, 10:31 PM
it cost $5 to spectate,

It dose take a little skill to drift at archy becauses there is more shit to hit. plus its on every week, so its a win for me.

trikzlane
13th March 2010, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by DRFT

YOU are whats wrong with this community. very little skill? what are you 12?
this is why there is so little driving etc on this site, people like you putting shit down for no reason and being an elitist tool.
umm THEY ARE A MAJOR CONTRIBUTER TO DRIFTING! how many others are out there offering REGULAR organised drift events? not many. be happy we have them doing this for us otherwise we will end up with no drift events, support the drift community or go somewhere else.
serious. get out there, have a go, if there are bogans there, who gives a FUCK!?

this is so true. i mean seriously do you go out difting to show off, no you go to have fun and not worry wat people think, as for option1, they do heaps, i would love to see you hire out the track for us and organise it and have low cost, if you can do this then come back and complain, but till then shut you mouth and appreciate what people do

xsoarerx
15th March 2010, 02:28 AM
there is a bit of skill to drive anrchy well. if you go out and only ever watch what happens and never drive it i guess youll never understand. weather its a shit track or not, its another track open to the public that lets your prac almost every week without fail for 50 bucks for 4 hours. Qr is once a month and 80 bucks for 4 hours. the morning sessions are 120 for 5 hours raceline at parklands is like 100 bucks and IMO is a bad track, if your going to dis any track it should be that one, but then again its another track you can drive.

they have comps at leased once a month and only charge 80. and i know the entry fee to watch is a bit steep at 15 bucks, but to watch parklands its 20 and to watch QR prac its 10 (and you have to pay 10 even if your driving which really makes the night 90 bucks to drive) so at leased your getting abit of a show at archy and you can see the whole track while watching it.

DRFT
15th March 2010, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by DRFT

this is so true. i mean seriously do you go out difting to show off, no you go to have fun and not worry wat people think, as for option1, they do heaps, i would love to see you hire out the track for us and organise it and have low cost, if you can do this then come back and complain, but till then shut you mouth and appreciate what people do

dude if u compete in the comps u would know that the dude with the skyline ute always wins, he says its as easy as taking candy from a baby. i wonder why

it is also not cheap, first you need to travel to acacia ridge also admission was $50 when i first went and now its about 60 or 70, the special training days are 100 120, comparing this track to qr which would only be an extra $20 qr is a better choice bang for buck etc. its a very small track aswell it takes along time to wait for your turn and the option1 guys are ok but still snide.

what im saying is archerfield is not as awesome as all the hype and hearsay make it out to be, its very average. and teaching skids hardly contribute to the motorsport

stx-16
15th March 2010, 04:14 PM
dude if u compete in the comps u would know that the dude with the skyline ute always wins, he says its as easy as taking candy from a baby. i wonder why

it is also not cheap, first you need to travel to acacia ridge also admission was $50 when i first went and now its about 60 or 70, the special training days are 100 120, comparing this track to qr which would only be an extra $20 qr is a better choice bang for buck etc. its a very small track aswell it takes along time to wait for your turn and the option1 guys are ok but still snide.

what im saying is archerfield is not as awesome as all the hype and hearsay make it out to be, its very average. and teaching skids hardly contribute to the motorsport

why so much hate?
i wish people like you could just keep it to your self.

marvis
15th March 2010, 05:08 PM
Heaps more track time then QR. IMO archie takes more skill then QR. Archie is half the price of QR.

trikzlane
15th March 2010, 06:49 PM
and also its close to brisbane not 1hr away

stx-16
16th March 2010, 11:16 AM
probly a stupid question but have you seen any 4k's there with a locker?
and how did they go?
i just want to know if its worth me paying to go on track or not

Juturna
16th March 2010, 05:17 PM
prob not, its quite a slow technical track so open diff will be a hassle as you will have trouble getting speed to hold a slide.
give it a go, but prob be better off with a locker and decent sussy at the least.

rolla92
16th March 2010, 06:25 PM
seen one with a open diff, didnt work, he ended up angry and frustrated and wrecked it. uve at least gota have the locker and the sussy is always a bonus.

trikzlane
16th March 2010, 07:06 PM
i had a 4k and a locker, went ok, the trick is to tape the throttle down lol

blair
16th March 2010, 10:07 PM
I have three tips for Archy from personal frustrations

1. speed

2. speed

3. moaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr speed!

stx-16
17th March 2010, 11:25 AM
hmm ill probly just wait till i get some 16v in that bitch

Water Boy
17th March 2010, 12:47 PM
I went to Archy when I was up in QLD and it was a pretty sweet set-up.

I wouldnt complain if we had something like it in Vic. Dang I slide every week if I could.

Make sure you all take full advantage of such a sweet little close venue.

sleeperketo70
11th April 2010, 05:51 PM
went to archy to slide for the first time in my little ke70, had so much fun will defentialy be going up again soon for more practise cause i really need it. lol

blair
21st April 2010, 06:27 PM
I have three tips for Archy from personal frustrations

1. speed

2. speed

3. moaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr speed!

hmm ill probly just wait till i get some 16v in that bitch

See previous post. lol. anything sub 150kw (even stock sr's) and its all about speed - you lose it, or dont get enough of it, and you're gone!

bigm
21st April 2010, 09:07 PM
from my experience...

CLUTCH, CLUTCH, CLUTCH, will help with speed :P

was driving a na Sr s13 on 215s, loved it. think i was kicking 7-10 times per run. loves it tho.

hope to be there in the next few weeks in the cressida, come and say hi, always up for a chat

trikzlane
17th July 2010, 08:10 PM
goin out sliding with some mates this wednesday if people want to come out, 21/7/10 will be there around 6ish

capatown
17th July 2010, 08:57 PM
Would be there if I didn't have to work. Already had a sicky last wednesday.

xsoarerx
17th July 2010, 09:54 PM
should be there my self. pending tyres... needs tyres

lol