PDA

View Full Version : oil pump

nunions
22nd July 2009, 09:59 PM
my oil light is flashing when i rev my car and its not low on oil..its a 4agze.....is it the oil pump???

Golberg
22nd July 2009, 10:08 PM
Well firstly, I wouldn't typically think the oil light would flash.

If however it is hooked up correctly then what I means if you aren't getting enough oil pressure. And if that is the case, then I suggest you stop running the engine until you fix it. Because you will kill your bearings if they aren't getting oil.

ke70dave
22nd July 2009, 10:27 PM
that is assuming that the oil pressure switch is working properly (admitedly though its not something id expect to break....)

i would look at getting a different oil pressure sender possibly. just go grab one from a 4ac or even a 4kc or something at the wreckers.

if it still does it, then yer id be looking at your oil pump. how many k's your engine done?

Hen may possibly be a nut
22nd July 2009, 10:33 PM
Nunions, just think for a moment that people will take about as much care to answer your question as you took to write it.

Plus consider that all anyone here has to go on is the one line of info you've written. It is impossible to troubleshoot what may be a complex problem from that. It could be many things. Firstly investigating all you can AND THEN asking with as much info as possible (like which version of 4AGZE, what car, when problem occurs, what fixes you've tried etc...) will make everyone's life easier and mean you stand a realistic chance of a helpful response.

Hen

Just re-reading, I don't mean to sound nasty. I'm just hoping to make it more likely that you get a useful response (and this also applies to many other forum members too)

Jonny Rochester
23rd July 2009, 12:46 AM
There is a chance you have a oil pressure sensor instead of the oil pressure switch. Just a thought.

Cerby86
24th July 2009, 08:57 AM
hahahah and when the pressure reaches a certain point the signal is strong enough to put on the warning light. LOL