PDA

View Full Version : MTB Worlds

Water Boy
29th July 2009, 09:04 PM
Hey gang,

September me and my buddies are planning a road trip to Canberra. We will be spending most of our time at Mt Stromlo for the Worlds MTB Championships.

Dates is Friday 4th til Sunday 6th September.

Thing is none of us have been to Canberra and dont have a clue what the go is up there. I cant even find Mt Stromlo in an Atlas.

Love some feedback.

Cheers James

riderzx10r
29th July 2009, 10:47 PM
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.32605,149.032459&spn=0.036624,0.090895&t=h&z=14

I don't ride mountain bikes but have mates that do its supposed to be an epic course. Canberra is small you can drive from one end to the other in like 45min so you can see all of our limited things to see. there is a road that's used for difting not far from mount Stromlo its used for riding motorbikes as well. nice and twisty!!!

Sprinterboy
11th August 2009, 08:23 PM
Hey gang,

September me and my buddies are planning a road trip to Canberra. We will be spending most of our time at Mt Stromlo for the Worlds MTB Championships.

Dates is Friday 4th til Sunday 6th September.

Thing is none of us have been to Canberra and dont have a clue what the go is up there. I cant even find Mt Stromlo in an Atlas.

Love some feedback.

Cheers James

Send me a PM when its closer and I'll help you out.

Eddy
11th August 2009, 09:27 PM
canberra has lots of roundabouts gives me the shits, there will also be myself and 2 mates heading up for worlds all members on here, we should meet up for bevs and so on

DR86TY
12th August 2009, 07:15 PM
For worlds check out mt stromlo mountain bike park, they have a full thing on about it.

plus its a rip, they cahrge i think $40 bucks a day to watch.

Check out rotorburn.net they should have more info on it.

id be keen to check it out if i can get the friday off work.

ive been there many a times before pretty easy to find.

pm me if you need more info

john84ie
12th August 2009, 09:38 PM
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.32605,149.032459&spn=0.036624,0.090895&t=h&z=14

I don't ride mountain bikes but have mates that do its supposed to be an epic course. Canberra is small you can drive from one end to the other in like 45min so you can see all of our limited things to see. there is a road that's used for difting not far from mount Stromlo its used for riding motorbikes as well. nice and twisty!!!

hey man,wheres that road thats good for a bit of dori action?im new ta canberra and havnt found any decent spots around,pm me if ya want thanks!

slide86
3rd September 2009, 08:19 PM
ill be heading over as well with a few mates/

if you see some bald dude with a DC jumper come over and say hi....

Water Boy
22nd September 2009, 08:49 PM
Ended up staying in Fyshwich Caravan Park what an experience but I had teh time of my life and saw Peaty win so life is good :DD

Konakid
22nd September 2009, 08:53 PM
peaty is a machine, how old is he now? Good to see the aussies carved up too.

Dom86
26th September 2009, 12:05 AM
He something like 36 now.

Sam didn't really carve it up :( Not his kind of track.

But he did win the championship last weekend. Woohooo!

DR86TY
30th September 2009, 03:49 PM
Sam is all about speed, im not sure how many of you have ridden the stromlo track.

It sorta just weaves back and forth to make it longer.

It was a pretty poor choice as the track to represent Australia