PDA

View Full Version : ke70 - rear stud replacement

KKUSTOM
29th July 2009, 10:37 PM
hey guys,

i would like to know if anyone on the forum has replaced studs on a KE70?

i have buggered the start of my studs, but i was just considering replacing it if it is easier then fixing it. any help is appreciated.

thanks KKUSTOM

ROLL3R
29th July 2009, 10:40 PM
take out you axles then hit the studs out. when replacing the studs i'd suggest maybe using longer studs then original if your planning on running any type of spacer.

Clinton
29th July 2009, 10:43 PM
take out you axles then hit the studs out. when replacing the studs i'd suggest maybe using longer studs then original if your planning on running any type of spacer.

thats how you do it.

pull the drum off and the socket and extention the the little holes to undo the axle out of the housing then put the drum on backwards and put 2 wheel nuts on and ue it as a slide hammer. pull the axle out and hammer the studs out.

should only take 20 minutes each side.

ke70dave
29th July 2009, 10:45 PM
ive replaced studs and not taken the axels out....

take off the drum though.

just smack the old ones out with a hammer. and put the new one in with a nut on it, and slowly do the nut up to pull the spline into place.

anyone know the "NICE" part number for wheel studds that are longer?

ROLL3R
29th July 2009, 10:47 PM
i've heard a couple of ways of putting studs in. A: hit them in B: slot them in then put a Nut on and do it up tight to pull the stud into place. i know which one i'd do.... me lazy

ROLL3R
29th July 2009, 10:50 PM
NICE, i'll find out the part number tomorrow at work as i'm planning on running longer studs on my front end anyway.

KKUSTOM
30th July 2009, 08:36 PM
Wicked, thanks for the feedback fellas i think i will replace all eight studs on the rear..:P:P

KKUSTOM
1st August 2009, 07:53 PM
ok just for some feedback. all i did was take the drum off. Hit the old/stuffed stud out..in to the top right hand corner of the hub...) that’s where the most room is). Then put the new stud in and torque them up to 130nm………………I hope that holds lol....thanks for all the help.