PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Low Style
30th July 2009, 06:36 PM
Lets have a open Discussion about politics.

Post the issue and how you think it could be resolved.

keep in mind the forum rules

koulouris#03
30th July 2009, 06:46 PM
ok heres one.

WHO WOULD WIN IN A PUNCH ON....
BARAK OBAMA OR Vladimir Putin????

Low Style
30th July 2009, 06:53 PM
ok heres one.

WHO WOULD WIN IN A PUNCH ON....
BARAK OBAMA OR Vladimir Putin????

Not really what i was talking about but are we talking one on one boxing match?
http://leaderswedeserve.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/barack-obama1.jpg
VS
http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2007/poy/putin/vladimir_putin_01.jpg

driftke70
30th July 2009, 07:12 PM
re discussion in other thread

i have nothing against that many people, im from south africa, its hard for me not to be racist, but if you ever think about it, out of all the races that have been taken over, the "native australians" were treated the best. the people that were taken were given a roof over their head, food on their table, clothes etc. at the time they were being treated very poorly by their parents. they still do today. if you look up statistics you will find that parents very frequently beat their children, only slightly more than the sexual harrasment that goes on. they should be saying sorry to each other before we say it to them.

just because its one of the worlds most recent take overs, doesnt mean it has to be reversed. where you going to draw the line? all you can do is stop any more take overs.

america has severe problems with reverse racism, where african americans can basically do what they want, and its worse here!, in america they dont get free educations, free cars/houses/cable tv and internet/yearly income/use of taxis/land etc and they were by far worsely treated.

im not saying i hate them or anything, im just saying, its give and take, and i dont see a whole lot of give, they have had more than long enough to adapt etc. no point throwing a country down the shitter for the sake of being scare of losing votes to the "working familys" who sit around watching aca and tt and dont know the difference between chalk and cheese.

if anyone takes offence its cause the truth hurts. sucks dont it. whinging and ignoring the fact aint gonna do squat. gotta face stuff head on not fuck around the bush.

like some people advertise churches, trying to wave religious beliefs in front of my face, happens even on this forum, but if i were to advertise not being in a religion i would be strange and offensive. its how it is and it sucks.

driftke70
30th July 2009, 07:13 PM
in australia the first thing they should do before anything else is remove compulsory voting.

second, bring back the death scentence, sick of this do what we want attitude, tax payers pay 60k per year per prisoner

bullshit

Low Style
30th July 2009, 07:29 PM
driftke70 i believe we need a leghty drunken talk about this BS!!! you should like me.

My dad designs prisons for the scum of society and then pays tax to hold the shit for brians in there!.

Personaly im NOT sorry they get free shit and why i was unemployed after working my whole life for 6 weeks i got nothing i got told i wouldnt get shit and to find a job. if i were a different race i would have money given to me like its nothing.

driftke70
30th July 2009, 07:31 PM
im always keen for a night of drunken political chatter

Low Style
30th July 2009, 07:37 PM
sweet!

Beau
30th July 2009, 07:40 PM
The Government has to much power..

biggo
30th July 2009, 08:03 PM
Im going to get a beer....

shift_rook
30th July 2009, 08:08 PM
i'll go grab a juice box haha, oh and yes beally, i agree with you, now someone say somethin i can argue with

koulouris#03
30th July 2009, 10:45 PM
yeah. one on one fisticuffs.

who would win????
obama, or putin???

Gunner
31st July 2009, 12:16 AM
putin, obama is just a big skirt lol.

I agree with both silver styler, and drift ke.

Like why give people that have no real right to be here (granted the abo's were the first here) but for example, I live in houso right. But I have to pay $290 a week to live in a fibro box, that is falling apart, and when the fuckers send someone to fix it how does the government send? Imported chinese workers, that can't even speak english. The quality of work is just ridiculously low, they have fucked my bathroom, the tub is even crooked. I have no problem with asians, alot of my mates are. But our jobs should not go to imports

When it comes to the abo's, my brother in law is half abo, half maltese, and his famiy are scum, they all smoke pot, they all drink, the girls are scrags, and they all think they deserve the world, because they were so hard done by, truth is they fucking aren't, they get everything for freem, while I live in my box, my bro in law's aunty, has a brand spanking new 2 story double brick house, built ins and all the fruit, they pay $125 rent a week, less thn half of mine for my box.

I will give my bro in law credit though, as he is one that will not claim nything and has worked for everything he has, but the rest of them, are just scum, like his neice, pretty girl, and quite smart, but from the age of 6, while her mum was screwing guys, she was robbing the guys house, her dad beat the living christ out of her, her step dad did the same (fuck knows what else they did to her), her sister stabbed her when she was 15, because she used her hairbrush, and to top it all off, she's been smoking cones since she was 11, how fucked is that shit. Instead of giving the fuckers a reason to do nothing, why not, spend the money educating them.

That actually really upsets me, as I work with the little bitch, and she is keen as to work, gets in the rooves and all, but she will never know what its like to be a normal person, witha normal family life. Because she doesn't know how.

All this shit is just the government trying to cover shit up the best way they know how, money, and bullshit laws.

Konakid
31st July 2009, 12:42 AM
majority of ppl are dumb, majority of people vote = dumb leaders and government.

Obviously a very basic view on the whole scenario but i really cant be bothered going into my beliefs on the net.

driftke70
31st July 2009, 01:01 AM
putin, obama is just a big skirt lol.

Instead of giving the fuckers a reason to do nothing, why not, spend the money educating them.

they already do both,

howard passed a law that they would get reduced pay unless there was records that they had been encouraging their kids to go to school, and school attendance was at a certain level by the kids, rudd got rid of it.

i still cant get over the 300 billion dollar deficit, on infrastructure i am yet to see or hear about.

Gunner
31st July 2009, 01:03 AM
there is heaps of money out there.

driftke70
31st July 2009, 01:17 AM
bligh spent over 36 million on flowers for her office block, over 300 million buying the rights to the song, "theres no stopping us now" for e toll ads.

Low Style
31st July 2009, 12:18 PM
bligh is a fat bitchy scrag! she is one dumb ass whore! i would tell that to her face if you dont believe me go watch her in parelment(sP)

i say cut all centrelink payments to the people not doing shit about getting a job/living off it.

im seriously thinking about going totafe/uni to become a polition and get some shit changed.

driftke70
31st July 2009, 12:56 PM
its a hard road and you have to be an asshole to be successful.

Low Style
31st July 2009, 01:10 PM
its a hard road and you have to be an asshole to be successful.

i'll be fine then

biggo
31st July 2009, 03:21 PM
Its a long way to the top if you wanna rock'n'roll

ITS A LONG WAY...

ITS A LONG WAY....

How old do you have to be to be a primeminister beal? Can they be single too? Live at home? I bet they dont even need a job?

driftke70
31st July 2009, 04:14 PM
thats up to the voters,

rudds a hobo from nambour for gods sake, his wife is fucking horrible and his experience is limited. but so many people were so used to paying out john howard because of his voice and eyebrows they over looked the important things. ive been in contact with howard a few times, one of the best people to ever go through australian politics, probably the last decent person we will see for a long time, after labour got in the last time alot of the good people in the liberal party gave up.

imagine trying so hard to make the country great (and they were well on their way) and the people in it dont even appreciate it, i dont know if i could put up with it.
its all down the fucking flusher now.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5324019,00.jpg

the guys so un australian that hes australian.

howard wasnt australian, ie worked hard, swam against the stream, did give two hoots about childish shit, was always trying his best. he still walks every morning in his aussie track suit. i fucking tip my hat.

if everyone in australia worked 5% harder there wouldnt be so many problems, but because they dont they have to work more hours, production is less viable and companies are always going to struggle and expansion is minimal, if people worked harder, for less time, the companies they worked for would be more successful, be able to put on more work, and become a bigger company, allowing higher wages.

its like people try as hard as they can, to do as little as they can. makes very little sense to me.

driftke70
31st July 2009, 04:24 PM
also have you noticed how labor biased channel 10 is, i have been watching it lately and they just keep oozing it in, like in between commercials they have little tid bits of information about the labor party and its origins, they cut to political a journo all the time who raves on about the good stuff labors doing, its insane, but not surprising.

Low Style
31st July 2009, 04:32 PM
i hate when people suck the cock of political parties/ or a bandwagon

biggo
31st July 2009, 07:04 PM
also have you noticed how labor biased channel 10 is, they cut to political a journo all the time who raves on about the good stuff labors doing, its insane, but not surprising.

Labour doing good stuff?

NO WAI!

Gunner
2nd August 2009, 07:45 PM
Howard did a good job, he lost it, when he started sucking bush's dick, when he lost touch with the majority of the country, the upper class, does not make up the majority of the country, we worked for the upper class, and let the lower to middle class get pushed further down the chain. Thats what lost liberal the election, then this turnbull bullshit has fucked them over even more.

He made life hard for anyone earning under 40k a year, which I would guess is a large percentage of our country.

I'd say the kyoto rebates are bloody brilliant, and all imposed by rudd and the evil labour government, in the last week, my brother in law and I have hired 20 workers, that have been unemployed and on the doll, we spend thousands of dollars, buying tools and products, and what does all this do, stimulate and put money back into the economy, the only downside to it, is big companies, such as spotless services and bunnings, which can now operate as a monopoly (a law imposed by the liberal government), are buying into this whole insulation game, but are bringing the product in from overseas.

I will admit the new factories that are being built to supply the product at an Australian standard, are approx. 8-9 months away from completion. But to allow such big companies, like spotless and bunnings to work together, to push out the little companies popping up everywhere, by being allowed to bring in inferior product from overseas companies based in china, america, and indonesia, is wrong and should not be allowed. This is a real bad move by the Australian government.

Keep an eye out for this issue on aca and tt over the next month, it is going to blow up in a big way.

fantapants
4th August 2009, 09:35 PM
Howard did a good job, he lost it, when he started sucking bush's dick, when he lost touch with the majority of the country, the upper class, does not make up the majority of the country, we worked for the upper class, and let the lower to middle class get pushed further down the chain. Thats what lost liberal the election, then this turnbull bullshit has fucked them over even more.

He made life hard for anyone earning under 40k a year, which I would guess is a large percentage of our country.

I'd say the kyoto rebates are bloody brilliant, and all imposed by rudd and the evil labour government, in the last week, my brother in law and I have hired 20 workers, that have been unemployed and on the doll, we spend thousands of dollars, buying tools and products, and what does all this do, stimulate and put money back into the economy, the only downside to it, is big companies, such as spotless services and bunnings, which can now operate as a monopoly (a law imposed by the liberal government), are buying into this whole insulation game, but are bringing the product in from overseas.

I will admit the new factories that are being built to supply the product at an Australian standard, are approx. 8-9 months away from completion. But to allow such big companies, like spotless and bunnings to work together, to push out the little companies popping up everywhere, by being allowed to bring in inferior product from overseas companies based in china, america, and indonesia, is wrong and should not be allowed. This is a real bad move by the Australian government.

Keep an eye out for this issue on aca and tt over the next month, it is going to blow up in a big way.

im currently getting the fuckaround from these "small operators"

this thread is dive, but yeh so fucked off with the insulation joke that i had to bite...

not insinuating you gunner, just the system :)

Gunner
4th August 2009, 09:39 PM
Nah there are alot of dodgey operators out there, very few are actually licensed (I am), it is bullshit, but hey I'm makin money, which is a nice change.

driftke70
4th August 2009, 10:22 PM
love how anna bligh is trying to make it look like she knew nothing of the corruption and will stop at no end to fix it, all she has done is get rid of fund raisers, and thats all she will do. she has way too much money going into her back pocket, the last thing she wants is to have a full inquest into it.

can see labour trying to throw distractions all over the place with turnbil and the likes,
everyones getting up turnbul, but at the end of the day he did the right thing, he just had wrong information. Id rather have a gov fight for the right thing and make a mistake, than a gov that doesnt try at all.

gunner alot of things you said are quite flawed.

like howard never sucked bushes dick, he used the stupidity of president bush to give australia many benifits that other smarter leaders in american history wouldnt do.

secondly you say the wealthy dont make up the majority of australia. but they employ the majority of australians. medium and large business has had so many various things to struggle with in relation to labour laws, such as enormous business tax etc that drove alot of companies over seas. howard stopped them going over seas, made incentives for them to not only keep employees, but to take on more, and increase wages. he increased the minimum wages for instance.

what you have to understand, is if you earn under 40k a year, it is supposed to be hard, its called life, australia is a place that literally throws oppertunities at you, pays you basically to get an education. and if you dont work for it, how can you expect to have it?

what labour has done through their various times in power, is give aus huge debts, what happens if liberal manages to keep the cost of living the same while they get the surplus back, if labour didnt keep digging such deep holes, liberal would be able to fix problems instead of trying to get the country out of debt each time.

What this does is keep the cost of living high, which is why australia is one of the most expensive countries to live in, since when you may ask, about since paul keating was in power. What does this mean? it means that wages have to be higher otherwise people that didnt try in life complain, what does this mean? it means that large industrial doesnt exist in australia, what does that mean? it means that australia cant produce exports other than natural resources.

fuck labour off, get our ecconomy back out of defecit, get the gdp up, lower the cost of living, keep the wages how they are, businesses can take on more employees, can make more exports, which will get us out of this downward spiral.

if everyone in australia didnt vote labour and worked 5% harder it would be a fucking magical country. but they dont, australians pride themselves on how they work the most hours of any country, but its because they do fuck all work. if australians actually worked during their shifts, they wouldnt have to do so many hours, companies could have more employees and increase production. im surprised is in the shape its in even if it is fucking sucky.

Gunner
4th August 2009, 10:46 PM
yeah I know there flawed, but i dont really care, so that could be why,I just like arguments.

But that said, I do agree with alot of what you are saying.

howard was still old, boring, deceitful and I dont like his attitude:P

driftke70
4th August 2009, 10:54 PM
australians are so stupid you have to go behind their back to do whats best for the country. i thought that was fairly obvious

howard was old but had more experience and more energy than anyone else in parliament, what benefits does being younger have? dont see krudd walking every morning.

howard achieved more in a week than rudd has in his whole stand.

driftke70
4th August 2009, 11:26 PM
also in regards to howard being boring?

he never had people fall asleep during his speeches, in fact, i think rudd is the most boring people to go through australian politics.

i gotta be honest this argument is going nowhere, just reminds me of the fact that it sucks so much balls that australia is compulsory voting. which i might add was one of the earlier things labour did wrong.

like people voted for bligh with the attitude springborg wasnt any better, but thats all they think, they dont want to know any more, now we have labour national and state governments and they can do what ever the fuck they want. where as before and with a liberal state things would have to be processed and there would be far more hurdles for things to get passed, and rudd would spend less time trying to fuck around with the petty little things he would know couldnt get through and concentrate on the larger things. not that he actually does anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opY-bywBLwE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozcKIzlVBu0&feature=related

best one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB3Hlv7rg1M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl-GzqTCxZY&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_iGH75Zec&NR=1&feature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iY--y4dSvQ&feature=related

i can guarantee that 95% of people that like or voted for rudd did so with no more than a few words of advice from a mate at the pub, or a friend in the office. because australians are never happy, and always want change.

Gunner
4th August 2009, 11:40 PM
i do resent you calling the majority of australians stupid, and I do also believe that you as a moderater, of this proudly australian website, you should not speak in such a manor.

At the end of the day, the over powered cocky little whimp of a man got voted out, he may of been replaced with another little whimp. but he's gone, and I as an intelligent lower class australian, fucking applaud it.

driftke70
5th August 2009, 12:29 AM
if you spent 1 day, in any other 1st world country, you would know.

Konakid
5th August 2009, 12:54 AM
i can guarantee that 95% of people that like or voted for rudd did so with no more than a few words of advice from a mate at the pub, or a friend in the office. because australians are never happy, and always want change.

Agree.

I voted Howard.

fantapants
5th August 2009, 09:41 PM
i do resent you calling the majority of australians stupid, and I do also believe that you as a moderater, of this proudly australian website, you should not speak in such a manor.

At the end of the day, the over powered cocky little whimp of a man got voted out, he may of been replaced with another little whimp. but he's gone, and I as an intelligent lower class australian, fucking applaud it.

and thats the problem... as a lower class australian you applaud the loss of a governement that helped australia into economic strength and glorify in the installation of a labour government that supports mediocrity as a method of improving employment.

The ONLY people better of under labour are unskilled uneducated morons with no prospects in life. They are the only ones who will see an increase in their quality of life.

Any skilled blue collar worker who thinks for a moment they are better of under a labour government forcing unions down the employers throats and ruining the commodities boom through sheer pig headedness is a fool. They had nearly 10 years of prosperity and gave it all away on an ellection platform of...

"well they dont really do anything wrong, but fuck it people its about our turn isnt it? "

Krudd won the election by going on today tonight. He appealed to the lowest common denominator. People easily confused and generaly ill informed. People easily swayed by nonsensical argumants that hold no water when examined closely.

Im not having a go gunner, and infact disagree with beally on most of his points :) ie compulsory voting, while not perfect, DOES induce debate like this in a community that otherwise would never think about it. BUT having a fair idea how australia was going, and knowing the shit that labour CANT come good on without massive economic hardship for australia, Labour are going to be TERRIBLE for the blue collar and middle class of australia.

Maybe we can finally learn to live to our needs, not our excesses under a labour government :)

Gunner
5th August 2009, 11:04 PM
man I come from government housing, i cant afford private healthcare, I cant afford alot of shit, but my position was not getting any better under howard, and was on its way to getting worse. It still is, but for the moment, I dont have to worry about havin no where to live, cause some old fella, and his posse, think government housing is a waste of money.

Now, I am making money, thanks to krudd, and the fact he is having a go at that kyoto shit, and I am happy.

It may only be temporary, but hopefully I can set myself up, while I still have the things I need.

I wouldnt be in this position if howard and the liberal government was still in power

Mr Awsome
5th August 2009, 11:08 PM
make every one work for there money stop doll payments. centrelink is a joke and should be scraped.

make abbos work for there easy life. completely cut off half casts who weren't the stolen generation! there just a burden to australia who complain to much about not getting enough for free coz there so hard done by.

save your hard earned money and pay cash, don't live off credit. dont have a debt owing you cant 100% pay back.

work hard.

bring in the death penalty. people are getting off to easy and need to be made accountable for there action.

harsher penalties for every one, no matter what colour your skin or your religion. every one should be treated equally. as it is if your australian you have less rights its bullshit.

stop paying for every immigrant that comes into the country, as if they were the stolen generation. make them work.

Gunner
5th August 2009, 11:12 PM
^^^i like your way of thinkin fella

Mr Awsome
5th August 2009, 11:16 PM
cheers gunner.

i just done under stand why the government things giving people money for doing nothing is a worth wile investment?
don't get me started on the stimulus package coz its a crock of shit.
if every one worked for what they owned we wouldn't have the crime rate we have. people would value every thing they owned.
giving people things just means they care less for what they have, coz they know they will just get it again for free so no skin of there teeth.

and

the punishment in this country is bullshit. if you stab some one 20 times u get 18months jail, out in 12 for good behavior.
it takes 2-3 yrs to get in to a court house here because our courts are so full of bullshit traffic offences.
when they do finally get major crime cases to court witnesses cant remember shit.

fantapants
5th August 2009, 11:18 PM
man I come from government housing, i cant afford private healthcare, I cant afford alot of shit, but my position was not getting any better under howard, and was on its way to getting worse. It still is, but for the moment, I dont have to worry about havin no where to live, cause some old fella, and his posse, think government housing is a waste of money.

Now, I am making money, thanks to krudd, and the fact he is having a go at that kyoto shit, and I am happy.

It may only be temporary, but hopefully I can set myself up, while I still have the things I need.

I wouldnt be in this position if howard and the liberal government was still in power

pretty sure government housing is a state issue ?? might be wrong?

kyoto is going to be the govenments biggest failure.

unfortunatley for australia to come to terms with the requirements of percapita polution, we have to END our mining and heavy metal industries or increase our popluation 100 fold.

There goes our commodities and mining industries.

Blue colar industry collapses.

Now you have a lot of people competeing for fewer and fewer jobs, wages drop, more and more poeple are on welfare, but the governm,ent have no big industry to pull taxs from.

its a knock on effect and its the reason howard refused to commit australia to per capita polution targets. We are mineral and industry rich, and to hold us to the same per capita standards as small resource and heavy industry poor like greenland and netherlands is retarded.

its good to see your getting somewhere and im not picking you out for special abuse mate.

driftke70
5th August 2009, 11:20 PM
pretty much what you said fanta pants,
except with compulsory voting, you dont get debates, you get text messages on the way to the voting booth or a conversation at the pub, if it wasnt compulsory, the people who were voting wouldnt go out of their way without at least some sort of knowledge, even if they were wrong, i would rather someone do it under their own will and try and find a little information, than be forced and tick the box their mate told them.

with the debt rudd has put the country in to, and anyone who blames the global financial crisis is a pole smoker, will make it harder for you gunner, as when the time comes that gov housing has to be rebuilt or repaired, there aint going to be a cent in the bank, when it comes time for you to spread your wings someone else is going to fill your place, that would ordinarily have to find a place the hard way. Heaven forbid someone should have to work to put a roof over their head.

kyoto proto is a fucking joke, australia accounts for less than 1% of the worlds pollution, why should we make a MUCH larger sacrifice to our economoy than any other nation for the sake of a smile and hand shake.

anything we gain out of reducing emissions, will be taken on by another country that hasnt signed. we stop producing x product to stop y pollution, china produces 10x product with 15y pollution. The trading would ALWAYS be against us.

not to mention the whole global warming a joke, the figures wong uses in parliament are figures of ocean temps in the last 5 years, which have changed due to the elninio effect like they do every cycle. Statistics suck when people pick and choose them at their leisure, and as fanta pants said, put them in front of the lowest common denominator, which makes up a large part of the australian population.

driftke70
5th August 2009, 11:48 PM
also found out today that bligh is using the lidar 20 - 20 speed detection unit that got banned from basically every other state/uk/america/canada etc

not only that but she implemented them after other states banned them. So basically, other states had to get rid of them, bligh wanted cash, bought them on the cheap from the other states that were more or less throwing them in the bin,

false readings = cash = botox

Mr Awsome
5th August 2009, 11:59 PM
= lawsuits

Konakid
6th August 2009, 12:06 AM
damn beally ill just let you keep talking, amen.

focus_7
7th August 2009, 06:56 PM
To add to the the compulsory voting issue last year was my first vote in the state elections but I hadn't heard (or read, I mean researched myself) anything about either party that would make me want to choose. The way I was taught was that a donkey vote (ticking random boxes) would be worse than a blank page because you enevr know who you might be picking, so I went with what I was taught and elected to throw in a blank sheet of paper.

You might say I'm throwing a vote away, but after just turning 18 at the time I didn;t want to feel resposnible for voting in some guys that would wreck everything. So I left it up to the grown ups.

Moral of the story - you don;t have to vote, unfortunately some people make misinformed votes.

fantapants
7th August 2009, 09:56 PM
an empty sheet of paper is as ill informed as anything else.

it doesnt take more that 20 mins to come to a half educated descision on which party you would like to support... or if you want to go a bit deeper, look to the actual local candidates.

or at least do a proper donkey vote and place a 2 in all boxes :)

driftke70
17th August 2009, 12:07 PM
well penny wong has declared that the air temp figures people have been using are not to be used ( as they show a decline in temperature ) and that the figures used are from water temps, which she admitted was of only moderate accuracy.

no more news from the biker law, which was being passed, basically didnt mention one word about bikers, but allowed the police to arrest people based on their association. Basically taking away civil liberty, the system of innocent before guilty for anyone they look hard enough at their associates. The bikies were used by the gov to make people think oh yeah those scum. meanwhile they cause less than 1% of the violence in Australia, and the only people they have harmed are each other.

What is good though is that because the ets has been voted down, and will be again later this year, it forces an early election.