PDA

View Full Version : Car jacking in North Sydney

Leigh
31st July 2009, 10:52 AM
From the Sydney Morning Herald

A north shore teenager who was selling his car on the internet is traumatised after it was stolen at gunpoint during a test drive, police say.
The 19-year-old was forced out of his car - a Nissan Skyline 200SX - in busy Neutral Bay about 9pm last night, moments after meeting two men who claimed to be interested in buying the car, said Inspector Craig James from North Sydney police.

‘‘The car’s been listed on a website, and the offenders have contacted the victim and mutually agreed to come to the victim’s home to sight and test-drive the car,’’ he said.

After meeting the men at his home, the 19-year old took one of the men on a test drive, police said.

A short distance from his house, at the intersection of Bent and Yeo Streets, the man allegedly threatened the 19-year-old with a gun and forced him to get out of the car, before driving away, Inspector James said

hope they catch the pricks, but on the other hand I guess they guy will get insurance (if he has it) and won't have to worry about selling the car!!!

PeakingDuck
31st July 2009, 11:57 AM
lol@Nissan Skyline 200sx

If only he had a passenger eject seat installed. :unseen:

Golberg
31st July 2009, 06:00 PM
Crazy stuff, I guess it doesn't surprise me though. I guess its about being more careful when selling a valuable car.

If only he had a passenger eject seat installed. :unseen:

I hear you can rig one up by using an old NOS bottle.

riceburner
31st July 2009, 06:30 PM
ouch.... insurance wont cover it!

PeakingDuck
2nd August 2009, 09:04 AM
I hear you can rig one up by using an old NOS bottle.

We needs a volunteer. :DD

koulouris#03
4th August 2009, 08:10 AM
oh poor ritch kid, what a shame.