PDA

View Full Version : ae71 - fitting s13 seats

ke.slider
31st July 2009, 04:28 PM
hey guyi just got a ca silvia seat that i wanna put into my ae71
my questi0on is how hard is it to put it in?
and how hard is it to put the rails on?
any help would be awesome cheers grant

biggo
31st July 2009, 07:08 PM
I think you fail

sorry

ROLL3R
31st July 2009, 07:22 PM
cut the mounts off the original seats with a grinder. do the same with the poo seat, then weld corolla mounts onto poo seats. making sure it still bolts in b4 you weld.

ROLL3R
31st July 2009, 07:23 PM
or if they silvia rails are sorta the same shape, you could modify them to suit the corolla, though sometimes this ends up badly with the seat on a massive lean to one side. :D goodluck.

bigm
31st July 2009, 07:35 PM
have you tried sitting it in the car?

some seats from bigger cars are to wide and foul on the B Pillar

shakes
31st July 2009, 11:24 PM
hey guyi just got a ca silvia seat that i wanna put into my ae71
my questi0on is how hard is it to put it in?
and how hard is it to put the rails on?
any help would be awesome cheers grant

Step 1 -> walk away from the computer and out to your car.

Step 2 -> look at the task at hand and realise the first thing you need is a beer

Step 3 -> Turn your radio on, and look and ponder.

Step 4 -> (this is where you F&cked up!) instead of asking on teh interwebz how it is done, actually unbolt your original seat, and place new seat in it's place.

Step 5 -> Grab another beer and ponder some more... if the new seat is not too wide and looks like there is a possibility of it actually working proceed, if not replace the original and browse the for sale section until a seat actually worth having in your car comes up.

Step 6 -> Cut, weld, sweat, cut, swear, drill, swear and drill a little more. then bolt!

Step 7 -> Go, drive and enjoy providing you havent exceeded your legal limit for BAC

what-psi
31st July 2009, 11:48 PM
^You forgot the step where mates are invited over, and the beer support group commences.
Important step.

sundee
1st August 2009, 11:24 AM
hahahahaha That is awsome!!! ROFL

resol
2nd August 2009, 08:00 PM
i had a ca seat in my rolla. they are awesome factory seats.

the front two holes will work. just bend the tabs down a little, then extend the holes sideways to fit. the rears need to be cut off and remade to fit the rolla ones. not too hard.

tools required; welder, grinder, files, drill, misc steel plate.

go forth and win.

-dan

Hyperslide
4th August 2009, 07:46 PM
For anyone interested, (and not too far off-topic), WRX seats (specifically '98' mdl), are extremely easy to fit into ae71's. Just bend front tabs down and swap the rear mounts from stock ae's to WRX runners by drilling out spot welds and re-welding to WRX runners.
It took me about 1 1/2 hours, (in between answering the phone at work ;) )

Edit - Some of the replies in this thread are ultimate win.