PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Indoor Karting

Marco
1st August 2009, 11:19 AM
Alright guys, last night we went to this place called Gold coast indoor hire karts. and i must say it was fucking awesome. the guys there are really relaxed preety much follow their few rules (which are very reasonable) and you will be sweet. the karts are not governed 8 or 9 hp honda's i think he said. and you can get a fair bit of drift action. and it's not like kingston where if you break it your out. my mate mannaged to get a wheel off halfway through a slide and they just brought him out a new kart. and i destroyed a belt and that was sweet too. and the prices were reasonable it cost us $80 for 3 12 minutes sessions and cus we were the only people that showed up last night they let our runs go on a bit longer. so yeah just thought i would throw this up quickly and ill include the their contact details and address at the bottom.

Cheers,
marco.

Gold Coast INDOOR Hire Karts
95 Spencer rd, Nerang, Gold Coast, QLD 4211.
P: (07) 55 936 663
F: (07) 55 385 188
E: info@hirekarts.com
W: http://www.hirekarts.com

Open 7 days, from 10am till 10pm.

bigm
1st August 2009, 11:34 AM
sounds good.

would i fit in one, im 6'5'' and 115kg? or no chance? lol

gg004
1st August 2009, 02:33 PM
yeah i work across road, they have only just opened up where the tender centre used to be. havent been over for a go yet but intend too this weekend... they look like good set up for sliding being indoor on concrete with reasonable powered karts

Marco
1st August 2009, 07:11 PM
yeah bigm you should be sweet. my mate would be bigger than you and he was overtaking me:P haha but then again he owns a honda and getting loose is scary:P.

yeah. there was plenty of loose action, they have some painted bits halfway around corners:) it was preety sick and all you have to do is kick the brake and turn the wheel and it's just like sliding a stock keto with chopped springs LOL. i think my mate is going to put vids on youtube ill add links later if he does:)

all in all makes for a good night when followed by a few laps of cavil:P

Cheers,
marco.

secretdrift.com.au
29th August 2009, 09:01 AM
you dont have to kick the break, all you have to do is throw the wheel and it steps out.

if you kick the break, you will slip the belt, which will break the belt,

which costs $90 and your ride costs $30 so you will be kicked off.

the nicer you are to our carts, the longer time you will get on track.

driftke70
29th August 2009, 12:36 PM
brake = less engine speed.

Marco
29th August 2009, 12:45 PM
yeah. figured that out second time we attended. :) but it's still an awesome place to go:) not sure if im a fan of the new track. but ohh well sure they will change it again.

secretdrift.com.au
30th August 2009, 12:04 AM
nope, not for a while, track runs faster and better

Marco
30th August 2009, 05:32 PM
^ whats the current lap record?

secretdrift.com.au
1st September 2009, 04:14 PM

if you see me working, tell me your off dc or sd and ill give you guys more track time

-tyson

blair
1st September 2009, 04:45 PM
sub 13 second lap? jeeeez what is it 2 corners?

what do you look like man lol

Marco
9th September 2009, 11:07 PM
next time i go ill be sure to rep my hoodie and ill ask for a tyson.

Drift_Donkey
9th September 2009, 11:11 PM
might have to come do some carting soon... :D

secretdrift.com.au
10th September 2009, 12:01 AM
they are fast carts blair! lol

i got tattoos and you will see my work ute out the front (plumbuster)
and will probs have some ghey band shirt on