PDA

View Full Version : WINTON 6hr-RISING SUN RACING NEEDS YOU!

shelldrake
6th August 2009, 08:58 PM
Hey guys,

On the 17th and 18th of October the Winton 6hr event is on! It's an event that requires you to qualify with a lap time of under 2 mins on the Saturday. Nominate a time that you think you can do consistently, then try and hit that time with 40 other cars on the track, unknown weather conditions, vehicle and body fatigue, etc!

It's a team event (Max 6 in a team) that is run like a relay - except instead of a baton, you have a velcro sash and instead of a few hundred metres before passing the sash, you're racing for ideally an hour.

Last year we entered two teams and although we didnt place too well, we had an absolute ball and learnt alot along the way. This year, we are far more organised. We have had a meeting to go over the Sup Regs and discuss some strategy already, team long sleeve shirts, race stickers for the cars and accomodation for the weekend is all being sorted out now. The cars will be checked over and tested to avoid reliability issues where possible.0

We have two teams entered - although we have 4 vacancies in one team - This team originally called the oddbods is going to be renamed team Rising Sun. The other team is made of Classic Celicas (ta22, ra23 and ra28's).

If you are interested in this event and would like to participate or volunteer to help out in some way, let me know.

The supp regs and more info can be downloaded here -

http://www.aroca6hour.org.au/

A cams level2speed license is required, this can be obtained over the net from the cams website once joined a cams affiliated car club (like the Toyota Car Club of Australia) - More info here -

http://www.tccav.org.au/membership

Let me know asap if you want to be a part of something great! :) No previous motorsport experience is required, but we will be going to a track day before the event for a practice session.

focus_7
6th August 2009, 09:22 PM
What is the cost?

shift_rook
6th August 2009, 09:42 PM
yeah what are the prices? my dad's interested. he's fast. i'm willing to go up as pit crew or somethin if he drives, what sort or times are ou guys gettin in the celica's?

shelldrake
6th August 2009, 10:00 PM
It's 240 for entry. This covers qualifying day -sat- then race day. You don't need to be super fast, you need to be consistent. In fact, if you go faster than your nominated lap time, the lap doesn't count towards our total. Im around the 1:50's mark. But there us a 3sgte ra28, a 1ggze ra28, a few 2tg hybrids and an 18rgeu. I've got the 20v in my toy.

shift_rook
6th August 2009, 10:07 PM
so it's 240 + cams also?

shelldrake
6th August 2009, 10:52 PM
$240 is the event cost. A cams lic lasts for 12 months and is about 95 bucks - So you can enter any cams event throughout the year... There are apparently some free cams affiliated car clubs that are net based, but I joined the Toyota Car club of Australia for 50 bucks for 12 months. Accomodation - You can either camp at the track or chip in for one of the hotel rooms - about 40 bucks or less for the Friday and Sat night.

shelldrake
6th August 2009, 11:14 PM
Also, toymods thread -

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48513

rallystanza
7th August 2009, 08:13 AM
Do you neeed me to race my car eddie?

shelldrake
7th August 2009, 08:28 AM
Yes! Yes we do!

shakes
7th August 2009, 03:36 PM
Do you neeed me to race my car eddie?

we need you to stop being a bitch!

Yes! Yes we do!

2nd vote!

silverra23
7th August 2009, 04:54 PM
its worth noting that you dont have to be fast to go in this event. You need to be consistent.

You nominate a time that you belive you can do consistently, and then try and stick to it. You earn the team points by matching your nominated time. Going faster than your time loses points. There is a bit more to the scoring, but that is it in simplest terms.

So you arent out there racing other cars, you are out there trying to drive good lines, look after your car and keep an eye on the other cars around you who are going faster.

You end up having some dices with other people, but the event is very much about club racers having fun together, not getting in each others way, and definitely not running into each other.

silverra23
7th August 2009, 04:55 PM
Oh and one more point. Its shit loads of fun.

shelldrake
8th August 2009, 01:03 AM
If you are interested in this event speak now! We have only 2 spots left!

machg
9th August 2009, 09:32 PM
I must say, this sounds like a fantastic fun, and awesome preparation for full on circuit racing. Maybe CAMS should make participation in one of these a pre-requisite to a competition licence?

shelldrake
9th August 2009, 11:12 PM
All spots filled.