PDA

View Full Version : WINTON 6hr -RISING SUN RACING needs you!

shelldrake
6th August 2009, 09:01 PM
Hey guys,

On the 17th and 18th of October the Winton 6hr event is on! It's an event that requires you to qualify with a lap time of under 2 mins on the Saturday. Nominate a time that you think you can do consistently, then try and hit that time with 40 other cars on the track, unknown weather conditions, vehicle and body fatigue, etc!

It's a team event (Max 6 in a team) that is run like a relay - except instead of a baton, you have a velcro sash and instead of a few hundred metres before passing the sash, you're racing for ideally an hour.

Last year we entered two teams and although we didnt place too well, we had an absolute ball and learnt alot along the way. This year, we are far more organised. We have had a meeting to go over the Sup Regs and discuss some strategy already, team long sleeve shirts, race stickers for the cars and accomodation for the weekend is all being sorted out now. The cars will be checked over and tested to avoid reliability issues where possible.0

We have two teams entered - although we have 4 vacancies in one team - This team originally called the oddbods is going to be renamed team Rising Sun. The other team is made of Classic Celicas (ta22, ra23 and ra28's).

If you are interested in this event and would like to participate or volunteer to help out in some way, let me know.

The supp regs and more info can be downloaded here -

http://www.aroca6hour.org.au/

A cams level2speed license is required, this can be obtained over the net from the cams website once joined a cams affiliated car club (like the Toyota Car Club of Australia) - More info here -

http://www.tccav.org.au/membership

Let me know asap if you want to be a part of something great! :) No previous motorsport experience is required, but we will be going to a track day before the event for a practice session.

matt99
6th August 2009, 09:11 PM
Sounds like fun, but also sounds like something that requires effort, and im way to lazy for that.

By the way, whre have you been? Hav'nt seen you in ages.

shelldrake
6th August 2009, 10:55 PM
Hey dude,

I've been around. Pretty damn busy, but good. :) Yeah, it's a bit of effort, but it's very worth it.

matt99
6th August 2009, 11:31 PM
Are Nissans welcome? If you get stuck, I may be able to (although it sounds like a good event and you probably wont have any trouble filing teams) help out. IN either my Sil, or my Panno if you want to look at the thing/think it will last/if I still have it. Haha.

shelldrake
7th August 2009, 08:30 AM
It's open to all cars. Jap preferred. But reliability is important.

Water Boy
7th August 2009, 05:42 PM
If you want reliability its got to be German :thumbup:

blacktopspirit
7th August 2009, 07:17 PM
If you want reliability its got to be German :thumbup:

I hope you're being sarcastic!

and I note you VW looking avatar, the most unreliable cars built today!

just google VW issues and be bombarded with funny little electrical problems no one can fix...

If you want reliability its got to be Japanese :hehe:

shelldrake
7th August 2009, 11:13 PM
If you are interested in this event speak now! We have only 2 spots left!

DavisJD
11th August 2009, 11:44 AM
Hey mate give me a call regarding coming as a driver. 0409 809 636

silverra23
12th August 2009, 04:56 PM
All the spots are taken, but I think we are accepting reserves.