PDA

View Full Version : 2009 86DC QLD event of the year........... EPIC, Possibly............................

NIZLAH
19th December 2008, 06:06 PM
Since the forum is now an empty sack of shit, I thought I better post this up again to keep the interest alive.
To add an update to this I have got quite a few ideas for the actual scavenger hunt part of this event, although still need to come up with some more... they wont be shown untill the day anyway so meh..

Ok this is just a 'fill you guys in' thread to an idea I have been thinking about doing...
Basically since I havent been on any awesome cruze's for like the past fucking year,and missed the HR annual I am somewhat inclined to organise something EPIC........
Would like to see whos keen and what not for what I have in mind.....
Bear in mind that I am in the very early stages of planning also.......

I want to do a mass --------> cruze/(slash)/scavanger hunt/(slash)/mountain-twistys roads run/(slash)/camp-piss up-bbq.................

Originally I wanted to do this over 2 days, but think it would be better to begin early in the morning and finish up at an undecieded location in the evening where we are able to cook up mega feeds and get on the juice ...

The vague plan is to start on the southside of Brisbane and take all back roads well into NSW (new scenery plus cops cant really hassle us as most will have qld plates {defect wise})
I want to run it so there are seperate teams, and a list of tasks/stop offs/assignments that needed to be completed and documented (digi cameras) through out the course of the day to reign supreme at the end of the day.

I plan to have prizes for 1st 2nd & 3rd place teams,
So there will be a 'buy in' fee for each team entering (this has not been determined yet, as prizes and other associated costs (like camping grounds if I cant find a free spot somewhere half remote -- {think bonfire}

Like I said Im in the very early stages of this whole thing and I will be working on and planning it over the coming months, as I wont be doing this for atleast 4-5 months probably, need to get my 86 in shape and do whole lot of researching, thinking and planning/mapping out the course and structure of the day.................

Let me know what you guys think, naturally if theres not enough interest I wont bother organizing it.

Cheers
Niz...........

Rian
19th December 2008, 06:12 PM
sounds like a big f**k off day.. and hope you get mass interest....

NIZLAH
19th December 2008, 06:29 PM
damn straight it will be..........

dr1ft-pig
19th December 2008, 07:29 PM
u know im there niz :)

NIZLAH
19th December 2008, 07:54 PM
oh yeah, I know that's a given homey...

Eircamae86
19th December 2008, 08:34 PM
New Guy,, well interested

PHA786
19th December 2008, 09:17 PM
I'm definatly interested. Who cares about a prize or not, that just a bonus. woohoo. BRING IT ON!!!

NIZLAH
19th December 2008, 10:20 PM
yeah its not really about the prizes, that's just an incentive to win some shit for making an effort to do as much stuff that's on the scavenger list...

There will be your basic easy tasks, and then some hard, less achievable, but worth big points task and some bonus points for a few odd things..

I don't want this to just be a meet up at some place then everyone follow each other on some random drive.. I want it to be more of a social kind of get to know each fucker (put faces to names ect) type thing, with of course some nice driving along the way, oh and a mad cook up and drink on at the end....

NIZLAH
19th December 2008, 10:22 PM
Richy I can see you reading this topic mang, you better be down for this ..

45KIDS
19th December 2008, 10:31 PM
im keen forsure

Fozz
19th December 2008, 10:49 PM
im interested

Roo.
19th December 2008, 11:05 PM
i will be up for it if i still have my car and it still goes

wanabdrifta
20th December 2008, 02:30 PM
im in.

seek
20th December 2008, 03:01 PM
keen, pending i dont break my shitbox.

NIZLAH
21st December 2008, 08:39 PM
loving the interest everybody,.. should be well worth the effort of organizing....

wanabdrifta
22nd December 2008, 11:30 AM
i thinks soo too with the intrest on the old forum and on this one already but i would give it a good 3 to 6 months lead up to the actual event as this will give people time to get cars ready, tell the missus to piss off ur going racing abd whatever else you have to do to get as many qld ae86dc members out there as possible.

NIZLAH
22nd December 2008, 05:21 PM
exactly, its gonna be a while off, I'm not driving anywhere until my car is ready... I am striving to do that as quick as possible though...

sonsta
23rd December 2008, 10:11 PM
i now have a car so im down

Clinton
23rd December 2008, 11:21 PM
im up.

Clinton
23rd December 2008, 11:21 PM
im down.

Clinton
23rd December 2008, 11:22 PM
im left.

Clinton
23rd December 2008, 11:23 PM
im right.

Clinton
23rd December 2008, 11:23 PM
im gay.

sonsta
24th December 2008, 12:48 AM
you dnt know where u are clinton

or what you are :P

wanabdrifta
29th December 2008, 09:17 PM
im round cant wait will we be giving money before we order or is someone gunna lay down the initial payment and collect?

Low Style
30th December 2008, 09:17 AM
im keen i will try and finish my car asap if not can i car slut with someone?

NIZLAH
30th December 2008, 07:52 PM
The 'buy in' will have to be up front but nothing is determined yet, havent worked out prizes or anything yet.. its just all chillen in the back of my mind at present... . I still have heaps to do in terms of organizing and working out where to finish up ect.... I have the route that I basically want to take sussed out and about half the tasks for the scavenger hunt worked out, but yeh heaps more to do..

dr1ft-pig
5th January 2009, 09:08 PM
how far off you reckon nizz??

i may just have a turbo by then :P

NIZLAH
5th January 2009, 09:32 PM
haha wicked, it will be a while away man, its been floating in my head for the moment, haven't got stuck into yet... when I know my car will be ready then I will get it all layed out.

trikzlane
5th January 2009, 10:07 PM
im up for it, hopefully ill have a better car by then. ae82=fail ATM

letsgohunting
10th January 2009, 09:22 PM
I don't want to sound like scrooge or something but I'd be keener on a day where everyone actually focusses on the driving bit more-so than the treasure hunt/pass the parcel/talk about how fast your car is stuff.

Not raining on your guys parade, just saying maybe for next time or something.

NIZLAH
11th January 2009, 12:09 AM
main it is about driving, but.. it is about the touge, but not all in a huge group, the scavenger hunt is a side show for the mass'es...........

Marco
11th January 2009, 01:56 AM
see if i'v got a license and a running registered shit tin by then...

sonsta
11th January 2009, 12:36 PM
any idea where u want to hold this?

NIZLAH
11th January 2009, 04:12 PM
yeh, but its all hush hush for now... and its not going to solely be in one area... there will be a few k's travelled thats for sure..

egg_83
16th January 2009, 03:57 PM
ill be up for this one if i can sell my 86 and have the t18 in decent nick Eg not handling like a boat

NIZLAH
16th January 2009, 09:08 PM
yeh its all land based so boats are pretty useless.. lol

adrian_809
31st May 2010, 05:41 PM
yeah im up for that sounds awsome

NIZLAH
31st May 2010, 06:13 PM
Dude I've given up on this idea for now.............. I'm still no closer to where I am when I started this thread (well a little) but still a far way off been able to make this happen...